Fox Sports Cowboys Draft

Bigdog

Reaction score
Mods, if this is a repeat, please delete but I did not see it any where.

Fox sports just updated there mock draft and has us picking:
22) Mike Jenkins CB
28) Trade with Atlanta for the 48th pick and their 3rd rounder
Atlanta takes Brian Brohm

Sorry i could not post it but something is wrong with my work computer today.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
so basically they think we traded up for this years 1st round, to trade back down.

makes sense............................................*end sarcasm*

CalCBFan

Reaction score
Bigdog;2029994 said:
Mods, if this is a repeat, please delete but I did not see it any where.

Fox sports just updated there mock draft and has us picking:
22) Mike Jenkins CB
28) Trade with Atlanta for the 48th pick and their 3rd rounder
Atlanta takes Brian Brohm

Sorry i could not post it but something is wrong with my work computer today.
I'd approve of taking their 3 2nd rounders, or their first 2 second rounders plus their third, for #28, but not just a 2nd and a 3rd...

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;2030003 said:
so basically they think we traded up for this years 1st round, to trade back down.

makes sense............................................*end sarcasm*

Well I am pretty sure no one saw the Browns being that good. And I am sure JJ and SJ thought it would be the pick to get McFadden.

So it is a possibility.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
We'd give up the 28th pick for the 34th pick and gain another pick at the top of the 3rd. Atlanta is drafting number 3 this year. It's a great idea if the player you want is better suited at the top of the 2nd and you're not going to lose him by messing around. That would give us a pick at 22, 37, 61, and 68. You get a pretty high pick in the draft. Anytime you can gain a pick in the top 60 or so you should think hard about it.

sago1

Reaction score
You forgot that we still have our own pick near the end of the 3rd round. So we'd go from 4 picks in the first 3 rounds to 5 picks in the first 3 rounds; we'd still have our 22nd but then would have 2 picks in 2nd round & 2 picks in 3rd round.

With 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, we should be able to seriously address our 3big needs (CB/RB/WR) but also 2 other positions can be upgraded -- like ILB & SS (Davis is gone & who knows if RWilliams will be with us in 09). If we draft well & get lucky, we can also get a pretty good player in the 4th round which is why I don't want to send that to the Titans -- we can't be sure Pacman will still be on our roster in the season opener.