Fox Sports lastest Mock Draft

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Why is it that every mock I see has us taking anything but a LBer?

superpunk

Reaction score
dmq said:
Why is it that every mock I see has us taking anything but a LBer?

LB play and depth really isn't all that important in a 3-4 defense. It's much more about FS play.:laugh2:

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
That means we move Henry to FS. I think he would do great there, but does he want to ?

Reaction score
Cromartie would have been a top 5 pick if it wasn't for his injury. JJ said last week he could see the Boys taken a top corner if he fell and moving one of our corners to FS

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
DanTanna said:
That means we move Henry to FS. I think he would do great there, but does he want to ?

For the $$$$$$$$$$$ we are paying him, I seriously doubt he would complain. I believe he played the position some his rookie year--right Zoners?

Natedawg44

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
For the $$$$$$$$$$$ we are paying him, I seriously doubt he would complain. I believe he played the position some his rookie year--right Zoners?
yeah and I thought he had 8 or 10 Ints that year or something like it.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
That's just dumb. We aren't moving AH to FS either. C'mon people.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
i know alot of people go off of bpa (best player avaliable) draft method but i think the texans will NOT draft bush, yes hes a pure stud in college but i think if they are sold on Carr they need some protection other wise hes gonna start investing in a turf company due to them having to fix it as much as he gets sacked

DLCassidy

Reaction score
I don't want a DB at 18, but Cromartie is a better athlete and better value than Whitner. If we did take him, HE not Henry would be moving to FS.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
I don't want a DB at 18, but Cromartie is a better athlete and better value than Whitner. If we did take him, HE not Henry would be moving to FS.
I agree, that is a possiblity. Personally I think Whitner will be a better FS, Cromartie just has a little bit more value because he has more CB potential. Whether they like it or not if you get drafted to play FS they are going to play free safety. They can complain but they are not going to turn down their chance to get paid as a 1st rounder. Its actually an enviable position for the cowboys draft Jimmy Williams or Cromartie and put them at safety when they come up for free agency tag, them at a FS salary instead of CB. They can't do a thing about it.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
WilmingtonHeel said:
Cromartie would have been a top 5 pick if it wasn't for his injury.

So what. Rod Wright would have been a top 5 pick had he produced in his senior year. Shows you what sort of evaluation you get over a limited # of games.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Wow...Wimbley, Lawson, and Sims ALL gone by our pick...Carpenter taken a few picks later....

Either this mock sucks, or we won't have a good trade down option with our LB hopefuls..

ravidubey

Reaction score
Why would it be dumb to move Henry to FS when he's played there before? It would place a large proportion of cap space into the secondary, but having a solid secondary is as important as having a pass rush if not moreso. A weak secondary is a death knell for any kind of playoff run, and the secondary is only as strong as its weakest link.