Fox Sports Mock Draft

DOOMSDAYREBORN

Reaction score
1. 49ers Aaron Rodgers QB Cal
Rodgers has announced he will be coming out for the '05 draft. The 49ers may not keep this first pick but if they do, Rodgers is the right choice to start their rebuilding process. He has shown remarkable improvement the past two years and is ready for the NFL.
2. Dolphins Cedric Benson RB Texas
The Dolphins may not be able to resist Matt Leinart if he comes out — a big, lefty gunslinger — but Benson is a better choice for them. He is a fast and physical workhorse-type runner.
3. Browns Derrick Johnson OLB Texas
Johnson is a Ray Lewis-type defender. Cleveland can build a big-time unit around him.
4. Bears Braylon Edwards WR Michigan
The Bears need a go-to receiver. Edwards is a big-time playmaker with tremendous skills, size and speed.
5. Buccaneers Alex Barron T Florida State
Barron has the strength and athleticism to dominate the line of scrimmage.
6. Titans David Pollack DE Georgia
Pollack is a big, physical and experienced end. His size, speed, and relentless pursuit should make him a dominant NFL player.
7. Raiders Carnell Williams RB Auburn
Williams has the speed, size and lower-body strength to fight for yardage. He will be a welcome addition to a team that finished last in rushing in 2004.
8. Cardinals Matt Leinart QB USC
The Heisman Trophy winner and Orange Bowl MVP hasn't decided whether he will be an early draft entry. If he is, Leinart could be just the right fit for a young offense that already has very dangerous receivers.
9. Commanders Erasmus James DE Wisconsin
Washington needs to improve its defensive line. James, powerful and athletic, never gives up plays and excels at both pass-rushing and tackling.
10. Lions Kevin Burnett OLB Tennessee
Burnett has great speed and athleticism. His nonstop hustle, tackling skills and knack for big plays make him a very dangerous player.
11. Cowboys Antrel Rolle CB Miami (Fla.)
Rolle is the shutdown corner Dallas needs. He has the size, speed, and skills to be a game-altering presence.
12. Chargers Marlin Jackson CB Michigan
(from N.Y. Giants) Jackson, a tough, physical shutdown corner, can have an immediate impact on San Diego's young secondary.
13. Texans Dan Cody DE Oklahoma
The Texans are one season away from being winners. Cody, a tough, physical, speedy, big-play end, is a leader who knows what it takes to win.
14. Panthers Elton Brown G Virginia
Brown, a dominant force up front, can blast holes for Stephen Davis and DeShaun Foster.
15. Chiefs Corey Webster CB LSU
Webster, a fast, hard-hitting corner, will bring big playmaking skills and a tough attitude to Kansas City's secondary.
16. Saints Travis Johnson DT Florida State
Johnson, a quick and strong hard-hitter, can stop the run and excels at getting penetration.
17. Bengals Jamaal Brimmer S UNLV
Brimmer is a tough, hard-hitting, big-play safety whose physical style and aggressive play will make an immediate impact in Cincinnati's secondary.
18. Vikings Barrett Rudd ILB Nebraska
The Vikings need to upgrade their defense to compete with the top teams. Ruud has the size, speed and hard-hitting tackling ability they sorely need.
19. Rams Antonio Perkins CB Oklahoma
Perkins is just what the St. Louis needs — an experienced shutdown corner with outstanding speed and skills. He also is a standout special teams performer.
20. Cowboys Jammal Brown T Oklahoma
(from Buffalo) Brown, an athletic giant with outstanding blocking skills, will be just the right addition for a young Dallas offense.
21. Jaguars Mike Williams WR USC
Williams would be a steal here with his size and outstanding playmaking flair. With his incredible hands, he and Byron Leftwich could be a dynamic duo.
22. Ravens Mark Clayton WR Oklahoma
Clayton, an all-around receiver, does everything very well — run, jump, catch, and block. He would be a perfect target for Kyle Boller and the right complement for Jamal Lewis.
23. Seahawks Shawne Merriman DE Maryland
Merriman, an early-departing junior, has great NFL upside. He is big and strong with outstanding overall skills. He played mostly outside linebacker in college but will be a powerful and aggressive rush end as a pro.
24. Packers Alex Smith QB Utah
Smith has declared he will enter the draft after an outstanding junior season for the Utes. He has size, speed and a great arm. The chance to learn under Brett Favre will make his decision look even smarter.
25. Broncos Ronnie Brown RB Auburn
Brown, a two-dimensional back, can both run the ball with power and speed and is a big receiving threat. He is the type of player Mike Shanahan would love to have in his backfield.
26. Jets Donte Nicholson S Oklahoma
The Jets need a defensive upgrade. Nicholson, a punishing hitter, excels both in run support and coverage.
27. Falcons Vince Carter C Oklahoma
Carter, a big, powerful center, can give Michael Vick protection and room to roam.
28. Chargers Adam Terry T Syracuse
San Diego's offensive line could use some more youth. Terry has the wingspan to ride off rushers and the blocking skills to open holes for LaDainian Tomlinson.
29. Colts Shaun Cody DT USC
Cody creates matchup problems with his quickness and size. Indianapolis needs big-time defensive playmakers, and he fits that mold.
30. Patriots Antwaun Rogers CB Purdue
New England has been hurting in the secondary all season. Rogers is a big, playmaking corner with good experience.
31. Eagles Anttaj Hawthorne DT Wisconsin
Hawthorne has the strength and size to be a solid NFL run stopper and is an unblockable force when rushing the passer.
32. Steelers Adam "Pac Man" Jones CB West Virginia
Jones, a rising junior, is another promising early entry. Pac Man has all the skills to be a dominant NFL cornerback — tremendous speed, outstanding tackling technique, toughness and focus.

Dyluke

Reaction score
No way Mike Williams falls to 21...and EVEN IF HE DID....no way the cowboys pass him up with with their 2nd #1. If they did, Hostile and i will be on suicide watch

mbanx

Reaction score
An early NFL mock draft
Story Tools: Print Email XML
The War Room /
Posted: 12 hours ago

Draft coverage ...
Mock draft | Super 99 | Players

The NFL will conduct its annual draft on April 23-24, and the War Room will have continuous insight on the teams and players as we get closer.
This is the first in a series of projections of the first round as NFL teams prepare for draft day.

WAR ROOM MOCK DRAFT: Round 1
Pick Team Player Pos. School
1. 49ers Aaron Rodgers QB Cal
Rodgers has announced he will be coming out for the '05 draft. The 49ers may not keep this first pick but if they do, Rodgers is the right choice to start their rebuilding process. He has shown remarkable improvement the past two years and is ready for the NFL.
2. Dolphins Cedric Benson RB Texas
The Dolphins may not be able to resist Matt Leinart if he comes out — a big, lefty gunslinger — but Benson is a better choice for them. He is a fast and physical workhorse-type runner.
3. Browns Derrick Johnson OLB Texas
Johnson is a Ray Lewis-type defender. Cleveland can build a big-time unit around him.
4. Bears Braylon Edwards WR Michigan
The Bears need a go-to receiver. Edwards is a big-time playmaker with tremendous skills, size and speed.
5. Buccaneers Alex Barron T Florida State
Barron has the strength and athleticism to dominate the line of scrimmage.
6. Titans David Pollack DE Georgia
Pollack is a big, physical and experienced end. His size, speed, and relentless pursuit should make him a dominant NFL player.
7. Raiders Carnell Williams RB Auburn
Williams has the speed, size and lower-body strength to fight for yardage. He will be a welcome addition to a team that finished last in rushing in 2004.
8. Cardinals Matt Leinart QB USC
The Heisman Trophy winner and Orange Bowl MVP hasn't decided whether he will be an early draft entry. If he is, Leinart could be just the right fit for a young offense that already has very dangerous receivers.
9. Commanders Erasmus James DE Wisconsin
Washington needs to improve its defensive line. James, powerful and athletic, never gives up plays and excels at both pass-rushing and tackling.
10. Lions Kevin Burnett OLB Tennessee
Burnett has great speed and athleticism. His nonstop hustle, tackling skills and knack for big plays make him a very dangerous player.
11. Cowboys Antrel Rolle CB Miami (Fla.)
Rolle is the shutdown corner Dallas needs. He has the size, speed, and skills to be a game-altering presence.
12. Chargers Marlin Jackson CB Michigan
(from N.Y. Giants) Jackson, a tough, physical shutdown corner, can have an immediate impact on San Diego's young secondary.
13. Texans Dan Cody DE Oklahoma
The Texans are one season away from being winners. Cody, a tough, physical, speedy, big-play end, is a leader who knows what it takes to win.
14. Panthers Elton Brown G Virginia
Brown, a dominant force up front, can blast holes for Stephen Davis and DeShaun Foster.
15. Chiefs Corey Webster CB LSU
Webster, a fast, hard-hitting corner, will bring big playmaking skills and a tough attitude to Kansas City's secondary.
16. Saints Travis Johnson DT Florida State
Johnson, a quick and strong hard-hitter, can stop the run and excels at getting penetration.
17. Bengals Jamaal Brimmer S UNLV
Brimmer is a tough, hard-hitting, big-play safety whose physical style and aggressive play will make an immediate impact in Cincinnati's secondary.
18. Vikings Barrett Rudd ILB Nebraska
The Vikings need to upgrade their defense to compete with the top teams. Ruud has the size, speed and hard-hitting tackling ability they sorely need.
19. Rams Antonio Perkins CB Oklahoma
Perkins is just what the St. Louis needs — an experienced shutdown corner with outstanding speed and skills. He also is a standout special teams performer.
20. Cowboys Jammal Brown T Oklahoma
(from Buffalo) Brown, an athletic giant with outstanding blocking skills, will be just the right addition for a young Dallas offense.
21. Jaguars Mike Williams WR USC
Williams would be a steal here with his size and outstanding playmaking flair. With his incredible hands, he and Byron Leftwich could be a dynamic duo.
22. Ravens Mark Clayton WR Oklahoma
Clayton, an all-around receiver, does everything very well — run, jump, catch, and block. He would be a perfect target for Kyle Boller and the right complement for Jamal Lewis.
23. Seahawks Shawne Merriman DE Maryland
Merriman, an early-departing junior, has great NFL upside. He is big and strong with outstanding overall skills. He played mostly outside linebacker in college but will be a powerful and aggressive rush end as a pro.
24. Packers Alex Smith QB Utah
Smith has declared he will enter the draft after an outstanding junior season for the Utes. He has size, speed and a great arm. The chance to learn under Brett Favre will make his decision look even smarter.
25. Broncos Ronnie Brown RB Auburn
Brown, a two-dimensional back, can both run the ball with power and speed and is a big receiving threat. He is the type of player Mike Shanahan would love to have in his backfield.
26. Jets Donte Nicholson S Oklahoma
The Jets need a defensive upgrade. Nicholson, a punishing hitter, excels both in run support and coverage.
27. Falcons Vince Carter C Oklahoma
Carter, a big, powerful center, can give Michael Vick protection and room to roam.
28. Chargers Adam Terry T Syracuse
San Diego's offensive line could use some more youth. Terry has the wingspan to ride off rushers and the blocking skills to open holes for LaDainian Tomlinson.
29. Colts Shaun Cody DT USC
Cody creates matchup problems with his quickness and size. Indianapolis needs big-time defensive playmakers, and he fits that mold.
30. Patriots Antwaun Rogers CB Purdue
New England has been hurting in the secondary all season. Rogers is a big, playmaking corner with good experience.
31. Eagles Anttaj Hawthorne DT Wisconsin
Hawthorne has the strength and size to be a solid NFL run stopper and is an unblockable force when rushing the passer.
32. Steelers Adam "Pac Man" Jones CB West Virginia
Jones, a rising junior, is another promising early entry. Pac Man has all the skills to be a dominant NFL cornerback — tremendous speed, outstanding tackling technique, toughness and focus.

Thought you might want to see this. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Why would the Broncos get another runningback?

Why would the Falcons replace McClure?

Why would the Jaguars draft another receiver?

Why would the Lions reach for another outside linebacker (they have Bailey and Lehman)?

Why would Dallas draft another tackle?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

Why would the Lions reach for another outside linebacker (they have Bailey and Lehman)?

Because FSN are idiots. There is a miniscule chance we could go OT in round one with the right side being in lieu, but I don't see us doing it since we spent a 2nd on Rogers last year.

I'll cook my shoe and eat it if Leinart goes #8 or lower. Any takers?

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

Why WOULDN'T JAX draft a WR? Smith is old and slipping, Edwards is a #3 WR at best, all they have long term is Williams. I guess as an Eagles fan, anyones WR core looks good. :D

joseephuss

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

I was wondering the same thing about the Broncos. They don't need 1st round backs in their system.

The Jags would love for Mike Williams to slip to them. He and Reggie Williams would be a great tandem for years.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Why WOULDN'T JAX draft a WR? Smith is old and slipping, Edwards is a #3 WR at best, all they have long term is Williams. I guess as an Eagles fan, anyones WR core looks good. :D

Because they have a late 7th round pick comp pick and a backup outside linebacker (Favors :loser: ) starting at end?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
blindzebra said:

They got that kid from VTech too (his name escapes me at the moment), but I agree, if the BPA is a WR they can take him, although I think they really need a pass rushing DE.

Cuz Tucker isn't starter quality, Rogers couldn't beat out Tucker and is injury prone, and Adams is inconsistent. They NEED a tackle in the worst way, but I don't think I'd want them to draf that dude. I'd rather them, if they do draft a tackle, go with the player with good genes and take Michael Munoz.

VThokie7

Reaction score
Rack said:
They got that kid from VTech too (his name escapes me at the moment), but I agree, if the BPA is a WR they can take him, although I think they really need a pass rushing DE.

That WR is Ernest Wilford, who acctually had just as many yards or maybe a few less than their top 10 pick.

lkelly

Reaction score
I think Wilford and Mike Williams are very similar players as far as size and speed. Williams is a little bigger.

The Jags have plenty of talent on offense. They need a better coordinator and some more skill on the line. When your backs constantly can't make 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1, you have line issues. I had Fred Taylor on my fantasy team, and it was frustrating to see the Jags punt all the time after failing on short yardage situations.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Rack said:
Cuz Tucker isn't starter quality, Rogers couldn't beat out Tucker and is injury prone, and Adams is inconsistent. They NEED a tackle in the worst way, but I don't think I'd want them to draf that dude. I'd rather them, if they do draft a tackle, go with the player with good genes and take Michael Munoz.

You usually don't give up on a player after their rookie season unless that person is terrible. It is hard for a rookie to win a starting spot.