Fox Video - Can Cowboys win with Vinny?

T-New41

Shut 'em Down
Reaction score
THanks for the link..

I like the comment at the end, in regards to the Cowboys getting lucky and getting 10 wins..

The 2 guests were saying the Cowboys got lucky last year and will be lucky to be 8-8 this year, the host disagreed w/ the 2 saying the Defense won them 10 games last year and the Defense is better, Vinny is the type of QB that BP wants and he thinks they are a contender this year.

The two guest both disagree and say that they just got lucky last year

The Host sarcastically closes with " I wish I was lucky like Parcells, he's been lucky everywhere he goes"

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
T-New41 said:
The 2 guests were saying the Cowboys got lucky last year and will be lucky to be 8-8 this year, the host disagreed w/ the 2 saying the Defense won them 10 games last year and the Defense is better, Vinny is the type of QB that BP wants and he thinks they are a contender this year
I agree entirely. This defense carried the team last year and it has only gotten better. Doesn't anyone remember the "bus driver" comment?

Here are the amount of points that the defense let up in our wins: 32, 6, 7, 21, 7, 14, 6, 20, 0, 3.

The only game that the offense won last year was week 2 against the Giants. The other score above 20 was the Eagles game (the one with the on-sides kick). In games where the defense gave up more than 20 points we typically got trounced (but thankfully there were only a few of those).

Sheesh. :confused:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yesterday Brian Billick was on the Dan Patrick show, and Patrick asked him about how much we'd be hurt by losing Quincy. The first thing he said was, "Well, with that defense they've got down there..." and went on to say that we should be fine.

People forget or don't realize how good our D was last year, but coaches around the league seem to know.

This isn't the late 80s/early 90s Oilers losing Warren Moon from the Run-and-Shoot. This team is built on defense and running the ball anyway.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
" I wish I was lucky like Parcells, he's been lucky everywhere he goes"
It's better to be lucky than good. But when you are "lucky" and good. Well anythings possible. :)

Rocco

Cozy in Colo
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
Yesterday Brian Billick was on the Dan Patrick show, and Patrick asked him about how much we'd be hurt by losing Quincy. The first thing he said was, "Well, with that defense they've got down there..." and went on to say that we should be fine.

People forget or don't realize how good our D was last year, but coaches around the league seem to know.

This isn't the late 80s/early 90s Oilers losing Warren Moon from the Run-and-Shoot. This team is built on defense and running the ball anyway.

I heard that interview as well. He also said our running game should be better too..

calico

Reaction score
You would think that the talking heads would listen to those actually good enough to coach in the NFL instead of thinking their own opinions are the truth.