FoxSports 1190AM in Dallas is no more

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Great, just what this city needs, another Top 40 station. Clear Channel is truly evil!

Someone please post a link or a station where I can get my Rome fix, no way am I listening to Dan Patrick's lame shtick or Dan McDowells lame shtick

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/spt/moresports/stories/040105dnoveradiobrief.14c03.html

KFXR ditches Fox, will adopt new format

[size=-1]01:25 AM CST on Friday, April 1, 2005 [/size]

[size=-1]By MANUEL MENDOZA / The Dallas Morning News [/size]

Trying to recapture the heyday of the "Mighty 1190," KFXR-AM planned to chuck its Fox Sports programming early this morning and temporarily replace it with all Beatles all the time.

A new format will be announced later this spring, says the 50,000-watt station's new operator, First Broadcasting, which has taken over operations from Clear Channel. The call letters also have been flipped around to KXFR.

KLIF was the original Mighty 1190, dominating local airwaves during the early-rock era. Fox Sports took over the spot four years ago but found itself crowded out by two competing all-sports stations.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Clear Channel owns my favorite radio station and I have no problem with them.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
GTaylor said:
Someone please post a link or a station where I can get my Rome fix, no way am I listening to Dan Patrick's lame shtick or Dan McDowells lame shtick

I'm not sure what to make of this.

He likes the lamest, weakest, stupidest...etc..JOKE of a broadcaster in Jim Rome. Then has the gralls to say that ANY others have lame shtick?

This makes the 5th time that The jungle has be knocked out of the Dallas market. All due to pure SUCK!

So in your grill CLONE!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DANTHEMAN said:

He likes the lamest, weakest, stupidest...etc..JOKE of a broadcaster in Jim Rome. Then has the gralls to say that ANY others have lame shtick?

This makes the 5th time that The jungle has be knocked out of the Dallas market. All due to pure SUCK!

So in your grill CLONE!
Rome sucks and kisses arse more than any sports radio personality I have ever heard.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
DANTHEMAN said:

So in your grill CLONE!

Late

It's not really the Rome references, more less the callers I prefer to listen to, and Rome does kiss butt, mainly NASCAR guys after years of trashing them.

Can't vouch for why (Or if) Rome was kicked off 4 other times, but this time I believe it's the reason I've always stated - 1190 has a very weak signal, can barely pick it during the day, once the sun goes down forget it. Had they had an FM station it would have been a different story. Mike Fisher should have never been given a show (Kylie and Boons was much better) - to me he tried to be like 1310 too much.

Don't like Rome, that's your preference, as I've said in the past I'm a Bruno (Yes he does entertainment a lot but in his case he does it well)/Brick and Rome guy - still doesn't hide the fact that dorky sucks, and I can't take anymore of their attempt at bad humor. At least Rome's listeners make the show tolerable...

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
GTaylor said:
Can't vouch for why (Or if) Rome was kicked off 4 other times, but this time I believe it's the reason I've always stated - 1190 has a very weak signal, can barely pick it during the day, once the sun goes down forget it.

The same could be said for the Ticket. A little do-do 5000 Watt signal down at the Enchilada end of the AM dial. But it was/is TALENT that has made the Ticket into the sportsradio station of record in the DFW market.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
DANTHEMAN said:
The same could be said for the Ticket. A little do-do 5000 Watt signal down at the Enchilada end of the AM dial. But it was/is TALENT that has made the Ticket into the sportsradio station of record in the DFW market.

Great, I can see where this hi-jacked thread is going..."sigh" one last time -

I picked up the ticket rather easily back in 95 in south and north Dallas, 4 years after FoxSports came to the scene it was still a pain to pick up unless I'm in the car outside. The Ticket was made in the 90s by sports hosts who focused on sports, Henson, Coop, Ryner and Greggo back when sports was their theme. Had the Ticket tried the crap they do now back in 93 they really wouldn't have lasted 6 months, even with a dominant Cowboy team that everyone wanted to talk about...

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
GTaylor said:
Great, I can see where this hi-jacked thread is going..."sigh" one last time -

I picked up the ticket rather easily back in 95 in south and north Dallas, 4 years after FoxSports came to the scene it was still a pain to pick up unless I'm in the car outside. The Ticket was made in the 90s by sports hosts who focused on sports, Henson, Coop, Ryner and Greggo back when sports was their theme. Had the Ticket tried the crap they do now back in 93 they really wouldn't have lasted 6 months, even with a dominant Cowboy team that everyone wanted to talk about...

First of all, I want to say that in my mind this is a friendly discussion about basically nothing.

Secondly...Your facts are WAY OFF!!

The Tickets original line up was as follows...

6-9am Skip Bayless
9-11 Kurt Menefee
11-2 The Hardline
2-5 Dunham & Miller
5-8 The GREAT Chuck Cooperstein

Dale "SUCKARSE" Hanson didn't join the cast of the Ticket until after the Ticket clobbered KLIF 570AM to the point that they stopped talking sports all together. In 2000-2001?

Say/Think what you want about the Ticket in Dallas, but they have won National "News/Sports" talk radio station of the year in 5 of their 11 years in exhistance.

They're OBVIOUSLY doing something right!

Peace, friend!

P.S. The Ticket can now be heard loud and clear on 104.1 FM in the North Texas region.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
DANTHEMAN said:
First of all, I want to say that in my mind this is a friendly discussion about basically nothing.

Secondly...Your facts are WAY OFF!!

The Tickets original line up was as follows...

6-9am Skip Bayless
9-11 Kurt Menefee
11-2 The Hardline
2-5 Dunham & Miller
5-8 The GREAT Chuck Cooperstein

Dale "SUCKARSE" Hanson didn't join the cast of the Ticket until after the Ticket clobbered KLIF 570AM to the point that they stopped talking sports all together. In 2000-2001?

Say/Think what you want about the Ticket in Dallas, but they have won National "News/Sports" talk radio station of the year in 5 of their 11 years in exhistance.

They're OBVIOUSLY doing something right!

Peace, friend!

P.S. The Ticket can now be heard loud and clear on 104.1 FM in the North Texas region.
Fan boy, calm down.
He was essentially correct though it was Bayless instead of Hansen they tabbed to lend exposure to the station they had no idea would even last 3 weeks.

They have developed a huge following by being the first all sports radio channel in DFW but their lead in the rating slips each quarter as ESPN 103.3 catches up.

The Ticket can be great at times but is far too often oblivious to sports.

The Ticket is now owned by the same conglomerate and a ton of other stations which is why competition like Hitzges ended up aboard.