FoxSports: Maller Rumors & Notes

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Ben Maller's NFL rumors

by FOXSports.com

Updated: August 4, 2008, 8:24 AM EST

Vikings contacted about trade for Favre

The Green Bay Packers welcomed back quarterback Brett Favre from the reserve-retired list Sunday knowing full well that they've already taken the first step toward trading him to the Minnesota Vikings. An executive in personnel for a National Football League team with close ties to clubs in the NFC North Division told the Journal Sentinel that the Packers called the Vikings on Friday informing them that Favre was available. "They've kind of said through one of their (front-office) guys that if Favre did report they would potentially trade him within the division," the executive said late Sunday afternoon. The source said the conversation between officials from the two bitter rivals was brief. There was no discussion about possible compensation. James "Bus" Cook, Favre's agent, has not been involved in talks with the Vikings regarding a possible restructuring of his contract, according to the source. The contact by the Packers was termed "a feeler" in the event Favre rejected the multimillion-dollar marketing and promotional agreement offered by Green Bay. -- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Does Roy Williams have future with Lions?

Roy Williams wants to be here. That's what he says, and during camp, that's what he's showing. The Lions want Williams here. That's what they say, and during camp, that's what they're showing. That's all good. Williams can (should?) be one of the NFL's top receivers and can (should?) give the Lions a terrific tandem with Calvin Johnson. But there remains a mystery about Williams, one that will play out in the final season of his five-year contract, after which the team and the player must make a tough choice. The mental machinations already are under way, evidenced by trade rumors that swirled during the offseason. Williams still affixes his smile, still talks confidently, still is the energetic guy at practice who interacts with fans. He's probably the best-known player, and yet I doubt we've seen the best of him. And with the Lions'increased, and necessary, emphasis on the running game, who knows if we'll see all his big-play potential. Even now, it's hard to tell what Williams represents. The future? The past? The squandered talent and unfulfilled promise? Williams is a fine player, an entertaining guy who can be enormously personable. But it's as if each side is waiting for the other. Will Williams be good enough this season that the Lions will have to keep him? Will the Lions be good enough that Williams will want to stay? "It's not a distraction but it kind of gets to me, like, what's gonna happen?" Williams said. "It's just a business, man. I heard there were offers for me so it must mean I'm pretty good. I don't know the future. I don't know if I'm gonna be here or not. They can franchise me (keep him for a lucrative one-year contract) and I'd be here for another year and then it'd start all over again." When I asked if he wants to stay, Williams repeated what he said before, semi-convincingly. "Oh, yeah, anybody wants to stay where they got drafted," he said. "And then when they get to the end of their career, they want to go home. I talk strongly about Texas because I'm from there but I don't talk strongly about the Cowboys or the Texans. I would love to stay here, get to the playoffs here, be part of history here." -- Detroit News

Rams Jackson wants $20 mil guarantee

Even though the amount he owes the Rams in fines had surpassed the $100,000 mark heading into the weekend, our sources in St. Louis still believe the team isn't panicking yet over the contract holdout of featured RB Steven Jackson. At this writing, the hang-up in negotiations for a new long-term contract that reportedly would put Jackson among the top five NFL running backs in the payroll department is the amount of guaranteed money the team is willing to pay. Team insiders say Jackson is looking for at least $20 million in guaranteed money, while the Rams have their sights set a bit lower. -- Pro Football Weekly

Lovie wants Bears fans to support Grossman, Orton during QB competition

One thing the Bears have promised not to measure or consider is public opinion, which might be good news for Rex Grossman after Family Night at Soldier Field. Kyle Orton is clearly the fan favorite mainly because he's not Grossman. So wouldn't it make more sense to start Orton on Thursday and play Grossman at Seattle on Aug. 16 before determining the starter for the third preseason game Aug. 21 against San Francisco at Soldier Field? NFL teams traditionally give their starters an extended run in the third preseason game, so the starter on that night almost certainly will be the starter for the season opener Sept. 7 at Indianapolis. ''Let's look at our history here a little bit: We've been through it,''Bears coach Lovie Smith said of fan reaction. ''Everyone has been booed, and we still go with the guy who gives us the best chance to win, period. We listen to the fans. We want their support. We make the decision based on who gives us the best chance to win.''-- Chicago Sun-Times

Rams Long makes lengthy strides early in camp

The improvement of rookie defensive end Chris Long over the first 12 training camp practices has been noticeable. Long, the second overall pick in the draft, is rapidly approaching the point where's he reacting and not thinking, meaning that he's playing faster. "He had a play (Friday) where he had to come out of a defensive-line stance and cover a back going out the other way," coach Scott Linehan said. "And he was there. . . . "He just gets it. He understands what he has to do. His expectation is to improve daily. He's hard on himself, but he understands if he works hard and keeps doing it the way he's always done it, he's just going to continue to improve. "And he only has one speed, which is really good to see, especially in a rookie. Sometimes they start to shut it down when they're thinking. But he doesn't go there." -- St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Duckett on Seahawks bubble?

The word out of Seattle is that free-agent addition T.J. Duckett could end up on the bubble, as even head coach Mike Holmgren has admitted that he's not sure just how to use the burly running back. If the Seahawks decide to keep five backs, team insiders believe Duckett will probably be safe. However, if they opt to keep only four backs, either Duckett or fifth-round rookie FB Owen Schmitt could be in trouble. -- Pro Football Weekly

Dorsey's knee injury not as bad as Chiefs feared

Glenn Dorsey's knee injury isn't as bad as the Chiefs initially feared. Dorsey, the team's top draft pick, has a mild sprain of the left knee and won't play in Thursday's preseason opener against the Bears in Chicago. But coach Herm Edwards said he is hopeful Dorsey could play in the following game against Arizona on Aug. 16 at Arrowhead Stadium. Dorsey was injured when some players fell on his leg during a play in Saturday night's Family Fun Night practice. Edwards said Dorsey, who was on the ground with his leg in a prone position, avoided more serious damage by moving the leg before the weight of the pile crashed down. Even if Dorsey does not play against the Cardinals, Edwards indicated his timetable for return is ahead of that of their other first-round draft pick, offensive tackle Branden Albert. Albert, who has a sprained foot and is on crutches, might not play at all in the preseason. -- KC Star

Bills send not-so-subtle message to holdout Peters

The Bills sent a message to training-camp holdout Jason Peters this week when they switched ORT Langston Walker from the right side to the left side. The message was that the team is willing to forge ahead without Peters if he continues his holdout, despite how valuable the All-Pro left tackle is to the team's outlook. At this point, it would be shocking if the Bills caved in and granted Peters an extension if he continues his holdout, but the team may engage in discussions if and when he reports. -- Pro Football Weekly

Chiefs Gonzalez won't play much longer?

Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez is looking through a two-year window with his career. Now 32 and entering his 12th season, he told reporters at the start of camp that while he's 95 percent sure he'll play next season, he's not sure after that. No tight end has been more productive than Gonzalez in the passing game, as his 820 receptions and 66 touchdown catches are more than any tight end in history. Barring injury, he will also pass Shannon Sharpe this season for most career receiving yards by a tight end. If there is a hole on Gonzalez's r�sum�, it is that he has never won a playoff game (losses in 1997, 2003, and 2006), and that streak is likely to stay intact this season. -- Boston Globe

Source: Bears Hester to pocket $32 million

At face value, Devin Hester will pocket more than $22 million just for showing up with his new contract. The four-year extension Hester signed last weekend maxes out at $40 million if he hits all of the performance-based escalators. But if the all-pro returner doesn't play a down at wide receiver between now and 2013, he'll still pull down $22,036,000 in new money. To earn every penny, he'll need to perform like an elite receiver, putting up statistics on the level of Larry Fitzgerald, Terrell Owens and Torry Holt. In the Bears'offense, that's difficult to imagine, at least in the near future. But a source said it's realistic for Hester to pocket about $32 million before he reaches free agency at age 31. -- Chicago Sun-Times

Troy Brown considering NFL return

Not taking part in an NFL training camp for the first time since 1992, wide receiver Troy Brown is still putting himself through the grind. The only difference is this summer is more mentally taxing than physically taxing. Brown, one of the more revered players in Patriots history, has been pondering whether to play another season, spending quiet time with his family as he grapples with the difficult decision, which has colliding forces. On one side are his feelings that the Patriots are the only team he could envision himself playing for, yet there isn't a spot for him currently in New England. On the other side, Brown is a pure football player, having played for as long as he can remember, and feeling he still has something to offer. The Jets had him in for a visit, and other clubs have called his representatives to let them know Brown is on their radar should circumstances change (e.g. injury). Because of that, he's remained in tip-top shape. -- Boston Globe

Jags in no rush to sign DE Harvey

Word out of Jacksonville is that it may still be awhile before first-round DE Derrick Harvey signs, judging by coach Jack Del Rio's assertion that the players drafted ahead of him -- the Saints' Sedrick Ellis and the Jets' Vernon Gholston -- signed "outrageous" contracts. If there's a silver lining, it's that second-round DE Quentin Groves has been a hit in his first training camp. Epitomizing his strong camp was his domination of veteran OT Khalif Barnes in the Oklahoma drill. -- Pro Football Weekly

Competition close for Chiefs second wide receiver

The Chiefs have plenty of candidates for the job with Devard Darling, rookie Will Franklin and Jeff Webb leading the way. But even with such meager expectations, the Chiefs are unsure whether any of them can handle it. The Chiefs are calling the competition close, which is another way of saying nobody has separated himself from the pack. They were hoping one or more of the candidates would have by now. -- KC Star

Vinatieri supports kickers in Hall of Fame

Adam Vinatieri, the former Patriot and four-time Super Bowl champion who one day could find himself subject of a passionate Hall of Fame debate, is obviously biased. "I understand that the kicker and punter position is undervalued to other positions," he said, "but for me, any person who is good at their job and accumulates a lot of years and good statistics, those people are in their Halls of Fame in other sports, like basketball and baseball. "I look at gentlemen like Gary Anderson and Morten Andersen, who have 20 years on the job and played into their 40s. They performed at a high level for a long period of time, staving off rookies and other guys coming in. You accumulate that many points and it sort of speaks for itself, because if you're not good, they're not going to keep you around. "You can see a million reasons why they should be [in] and one or two why they're not, and that's because they're kickers or punters." -- Boston Globe

Owens sits, Austin steps in for Dallas Cowboys

Terrell Owens was given a day off from practice Sunday. And while Owens was wearing some shades and talking to the wide receivers on the sidelines, Miles Austin was in his place on the first team trying to impress. Austin, entering his third season with the Cowboys, has made the roster with his kick return ability. But he's competing with friend Sam Hurd for the No. 3 wide receiver spot. "I don't really consider it really competing against him," said Austin, who hasn't had a catch in two NFL seasons because he played mostly special teams. "I feel like it's almost like a golf tournament, where you're not going against somebody. It's whoever does the best." Austin has the speed the Cowboys were missing last year when Terry Glenn was out with a knee injury. Glenn was supposed to be the deep speed threat in the offense, but when he was released at the start of camp, Austin moved into that role. -- Dallas Morning News

Devery Henderson fighting for Saints roster spot

Although WR Robert Meachem and, to a larger extent, seventh-round rookie WR Adrian Arrington have shined the brightest early in Saints training camp, don't count Devery Henderson out of the running to make the team just yet. It's unlikely that New Orleans will keep all three receivers, since none of them contributes on special teams. However, Henderson always seems to find a way onto the roster, according to sources close to the team, and he's still the Saints' best deep threat. -- Pro Football Weekly

TE Thomas impressing Patriots

With the Patriots'penchant for using the position, there is always room for a second tight end alongside Benjamin Watson. The job should be the 6-foot-3-inch, 248-pound David Thomas's to lose. But he has to be on the field to win it. Thomas chalked up his injuries as a short-term obstacle. "Just a tough time, I've never really had a lot of injuries," said Thomas. "I'm just trying to do my best to get healthy and move on past last year." -- Boston Globe

Raiders Walter far ahead in race for No.2

Andrew Walter finally is winning a quarterback race, though not the one he wants to win. The Raiders'onetime quarterback of the future has been rendered the backup of the present, hopelessly stuck behind No. 1 overall pick JaMarcus Russell but still ahead of career second-stringer Marques Tuiasosopo. -- SF Chronicle

Bills legend moves back to Buffalo

Leftovers from Hall of Fame weekend: Buffalo needs more folks like former Bills running back Thurman Thomas. While more people have been leaving the city in recent years, the 2007 Hall inductee decided to make Buffalo his family's permanent home. Thomas moved his family back last year from Orlando, Fla. - a decision he said his four children wanted - and described the last 12 months as the best of his life . -- Boston Globe

Can Dolphins count on Ricky Williams?

So can fans finally trust Ricky Williams? ''What I would say is maybe, maybe not. You can trust on Sundays, I will show up and play hard.''But Williams, continuing to impress at Dolphins camp, said he has never felt this motivated. ''Ever! Ever!''he said. ''I've never had motivation to play. I just played because it was what I was supposed to do.''Now there is a fiancee and three children to support, which drives him. -- Miami Herald

Vikings punter gaining fame for mastery of video game Guitar Hero

Punter Chris Kluwe estimates that he is one of the top 100 Guitar Hero players in the world, although he emphasizes playing football for the Vikings is his priority. He even has defeated the Guinness World Record holder and played at a video-game developer's convention. When most football players get recognized in public, it's usually for what they've done on the field. But Kluwe has gained fame -- and a little playful ribbing from teammates -- for his fast fingers as well. "It's crazy," Vikings long snapper Cullen Loeffler said. "He's an NFL punter, and he almost gets more praise and credit for being such a good Guitar Hero player. When we're going out to eat, some of the fans are coming up to him and instead of them saying to him, 'Great game, you did such a great job punting,'it's more, 'Hey, you're so unbelievable playing Guitar Hero." -- Pioneer Press

Ty Law hangs in Vegas

Actress Keshia Knight Pulliam, who played Rudy on "The Cosby Show," with friends at Tao Beach's local weekly party, "Good Fridays." Also at the venue: actor Pauly Shore and NFL veteran Ty Law. -- Las Vegas Review-Journal

New York Jets set to hit fans with personal seat licenses

Jets owner Woody Johnson said he understands the fans'pain but said he has no choice. Johnson said yesterday that the Jets will also charge their fans personal seat licenses (PSLs) in the state-of-the-art stadium his team will share with the Giants. During a luncheon with beat reporters before the Green-White game at Hofstra University's James M. Shuart Stadium, Johnson said the team had decided to follow the Giants, who last month announced a fee structure for PSLs for their season-ticket holders. The exact prices of the Jets'seats -- a one-time charge some view as an investment -- has yet to be determined, Johnson said, but he left the impression that PSLs would apply to each of the 82,500 seats in the new stadium, scheduled to open for the 2010 season. In June, the Jets sent surveys to season-ticket holders, asking how likely fans would be to pay fees ranging from $500 in the top level to $150,000 for 50-yard-line seats. Johnson said the organization hopes to have a plan in place by the end of this month. -- Newark Star-Ledger

Perry has edge to be Bengals backup

The word from Cincinnati is Bengals RB Chris Perry, if healthy, has the edge to be the primary backup to starter Rudi Johnson, with Kenny Watson still getting plenty of work on special teams and a few touches as the No. 3 back. -- Pro Football Weekly

Berlin and Gradkowski battle for Rams No.3 QB spot

Rams QB Brock Berlin spent the last five games of the regular season as the No. 3 quarterback and began training camp this season battling Bruce Gradkowski for the No. 3 job. Linehan plans to keep three QBs from the get-go this season, and Saturday's team scrimmage at Concordia University Wisconsin was merely the first measuring post in the sorting process between Berlin and Gradkowski. "You can see their experience," Linehan said following the scrimmage. "Both of them had very good demeanor in the huddle." -- St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Unifying force Pat Williams glad he stayed with Minnesota Vikings

When defensive tackle Pat Williams signed his contract extension with the Vikings 11 months ago, in many ways, it was a show of faith in the organization. The Vikings were coming off a 6-10 season under their first-year coach, had a young quarterback projected to be the full-time starter for the foreseeable future, and there was no way to know if the team could pull it all together soon. Now it appears the 12-year veteran's decision is paying off. After several big offseason signings by the Vikings, Williams believes this will be the year he returns to the playoffs for the first time since 1999 when he played with Buffalo. "Going into last season, I talked to Coach (Brad Childress), and he said he was going to add some pieces, but I didn't know what pieces," Williams said. "I know we needed a piece here, a piece there, but I didn't know we were going to add big Jared Allen. I was happy, way happy." The Vikings are considered a team on the rise, and if everything goes well, a possible Super Bowl contender. -- Pioneer Press

Bucs give rookie QB Johnson some work

Given that the Bucs brought five quarterbacks into camp, rookie Josh Johnson hasn't gotten many snaps. But with starter Jeff Garcia out with a right calf strain, the fifth-round pick from San Diego got some reps Sunday. The plan is for the team to give Johnson a series of plays and packages to work on in preparation for Saturday's preseason opener in Miami. "We'll gradually start to move toward getting him more reps," Gruden said. "He's doing a great job in the classroom." -- St. Petersburg Times

Sparano running tougher Dolphins camp

One Dolphins source says that training camp under Tony Sparano is far more demanding than it was under Cam Cameron, but not quite as grueling as it was when Nick Saban was orchestrating it. One big difference between Sparano's camp and Saban's is the amount of teaching Sparano's crew is doing. Saban had his players constantly on the move, but there wasn't much individual instruction. -- Pro Football Weekly

Missed in the draft, Seahawks rookie safety is turning heads

Watching rookie Jamar Adams whirl around Qwest Field during the Seahawks'scrimmage Saturday prompted the obvious question: Why wasn't the athletic and instinctive safety from the University of Michigan drafted? "That's a great question," Seahawks secondary coach Jim Mora said Sunday, when the team returned to its regular training camp schedule. "I think historically, not a lot of safeties get drafted." Offered club president Tim Ruskell: "Michigan had the kind of team where there were a lot of (draft-eligible) players. Sometimes guys get lost in the shuffle. That's the best way to explain what happened to Jamar." For the record, 16 of the 45 defensive backs drafted in April were safeties, and six of Adams'Wolverine teammates were selected. Only USC (10), LSU (seven) and Virginia Tech (seven) had more draft picks. "I don't know why I didn't get drafted," Adams said Sunday. "The draft is a funny thing." Whatever the reason, the Seahawks were glad � and surprised � when Adams still was available after the draft. -- Seattle P-I

Gholston struggling to adjust with Jets position switch

Word out of New York is that rookie Vernon Gholston has been slow in adjusting to linebacker after playing his college ball at defensive end, but that his speed off the edge has been readily apparent. He offers a defensive element the Jets haven't had in years. -- Pro Football Weekly

Booker still Eagles No.1 return man

Despite rookie wide receiver DeSean Jackson getting a lot of reps lately at kickoff return, Eagles special teams coordinator Rory Segrest reiterated yesterday that Lorenzo Booker is still the frontrunner for that job. Jackson remains the top candidate to return punts. "We've got several options back there," Segrest said. "Booker is doing a great job. Quintin Demps is a guy. We've still got J.R. (Reed) and (Correll) Buckhalter there as well, so we have a few different guys that bring some different things to the table. We're excited about sorting that out and seeing how that unfolds behind Booker." -- Trenton Times

Pats enjoying Mayo

Jerod Mayo has looked exceptional in Patriots camp, and he may be the most athletic inside linebacker that Bill Belichick has coached in New England. Just a rookie, he has kept up with the running backs in numerous one-on-one drills. -- Pro Football Weekly

Jags on Super Bowl contenders short list

When you're making your list of Super Bowl contenders this season, do not leave the Jacksonville Jaguars off that list. Jacksonville plays football the old-fashioned way. The Jaguars beat you up on both sides of the ball and run at you with as good a combination as there is in the league with Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew. Quarterback David Garrard grew up last year and showed he could win big games (winning in Pittsburgh twice in one year is not easy to do). It won't be easy for the Jags, playing in a tough AFC South and unseating the Colts as division champs is tough enough. This just might be the year they do just that. Here's a quick look at what transpired this offseason and what you can look forward to in a very good AFC South. -- Trenton Times

Former Heisman Trophy winner Weinke working as investment recruiter

Chris Weinke, the former Heisman Trophy winner who spent seven seasons as an NFL quarterback, lives in Charlotte, N.C., and is an investment recruiter for an Austin, Texas, financial firm. He turned 36 on Thursday. -- Pioneer Press

Cowboys could go with Barber AND Jones in backfield

The Cowboys are experimenting with using both Marion Barber and Felix Jones in the same backfield -- one formation that has Barber as a fullback and Jones lined up behind him, and another where Barber is in a one-back formation and Jones flexes out. The Cowboys hope to create matchup problems and confuse defenses with these formations. -- Pro Football Weekly

Skins owner chats with Colts defensive coordinator

Commanders owner Daniel Snyder chatted on the field before the game with Colts defensive coordinator Ron Meeks, who was a finalist to replace Joe Gibbs as Washington's head coach. The men smiled and laughed, and Snyder extended a hearty handshake with Meeks at the end of the five-minute conversation. -- Washington Post

Gisele spends time in Patriots players parking lot

Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady walking hand-in-hand into the players parking lot at Gillette Stadium. -- Boston Herald

Did You Know?

The Bears have the most "primary" Hall of Famers, with 26, followed by the Packers (21), Giants (19), Steelers (17), and Commanders (17). -- Boston Globe

Pats legend helps Boston Food Bank

New England Patriots Hall of Famer Steve Nelson and 20 Whole Foods workers unloading 1,260 cases of organic foodstuffs at the Greater Boston Food Bank . -- Boston Herald

Ben Maller can be heard weeknights on "The Third Shift on Fox" via the vast Fox Sports Radio Network. The show is broadcast live Monday-Friday from 2am till 6am (est). Check your local radio listenings for the FSR affiliate in your town, listen to XM Satellite Radio Channel No. 142 or via live streaming audio online at FoxSports.com/Radio. Say hi to Ben at *******.com/benmaller, Questions, comments and news tips can be sent to Ben via e mail at BigBen@Foxsports.com or Ben@BenMaller.com.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;2174765 said:
However, if they opt to keep only four backs, either Duckett or fifth-round rookie FB Owen Schmitt could be in trouble.

Oh no Hostile! The sky is falling! :laugh2:

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
Hostile;2174765 said:
Ben Maller's NFL rumors

by FOXSports.com

Updated: August 4, 2008, 8:24 AM EST

Owens sits, Austin steps in for Dallas Cowboys

Terrell Owens was given a day off from practice Sunday. And while Owens was wearing some shades and talking to the wide receivers on the sidelines, Miles Austin was in his place on the first team trying to impress. Austin, entering his third season with the Cowboys, has made the roster with his kick return ability. But he's competing with friend Sam Hurd for the No. 3 wide receiver spot. "I don't really consider it really competing against him," said Austin, who hasn't had a catch in two NFL seasons because he played mostly special teams. "I feel like it's almost like a golf tournament, where you're not going against somebody. It's whoever does the best." Austin has the speed the Cowboys were missing last year when Terry Glenn was out with a knee injury. Glenn was supposed to be the deep speed threat in the offense, but when he was released at the start of camp, Austin moved into that role. -- Dallas Morning News

This was written by DMN? did they not watch much football last season. If i remember right he had a couple catches on Thanksgiving, and didn't he have some more later in the season?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
nyc;2174788 said:
Oh no Hostile! The sky is falling! :laugh2:
I did not see that!

Someone get me some Nyquil, I think I'm going to be sick.

Verdict

Reaction score
As I was reading about Schmidt I was thinking .... if he gets cut I figured Hostile might be a proponent of bringing him here. Maybe he would be an upgrade over what we currently have.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Verdict;2174914 said:
As I was reading about Schmidt I was thinking .... if he gets cut I figured Hostile might be a proponent of bringing him here. Maybe he would be an upgrade over what we currently have.

No he wouldn't.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Verdict;2174914 said:
Oh I would so be in favor of him over Cruz at FB.

Him and Cricket!

You betcha.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hostile;2174765 said:
Cowboys could go with Barber AND Jones in backfield

The Cowboys are experimenting with using both Marion Barber and Felix Jones in the same backfield -- one formation that has Barber as a fullback and Jones lined up behind him, and another where Barber is in a one-back formation and Jones flexes out. The Cowboys hope to create matchup problems and confuse defenses with these formations. -- Pro Football Weekly

I really think that this Cowboys offense has a GREAT chance to create a good amount of heavily favorable mismatches for defense's this year... in this order

1. TO in motion or just one on one
  2. Barber and Jones on field at same time.
  3. Amendola in the slot.
  4. Austin blazing past everyone.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Austin had five catches for 75 yards I think.

He had two drops vs the Commanders.

He drew two PIs vs the Packers.