FoxSports MidSeason Predictions

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
NFL Midseason Predictions

FOXSports.com
Posted: 15 hours ago

Right before the regular season, we shared with you all our FOXSports.com Preseason Predictions and everyone promptly flocked to Vegas and bet the mortgage, the car and the family pet based on our Super Bowl picks.

Actually, we hope not. Judging from our Midseason Predictions below, this parity thing is working pretty darned well for the NFL as intelligent picks can blow up severly within a span of a mere two months.

Check to see our experts' adjusted selections — with changed picks displaying in italics, CAPS and accompanied by an * to make sure you don't miss them.

For an expert-by-expert breakdown of their picks, CLICK HERE.

211.jpg

John Czarnecki

NFC East
COWBOYS*
NFC North
BEARS*
NFC South
Panthers
NFC West
SEAHAWKS*
NFC wild-card
Falcons
NFC wild-card GIANTS*
AFC East
Patriots
AFC North
Steelers
AFC South
Colts
AFC West
BRONCOS*
AFC wild-card
Chargers
AFC wild-card
BENGALS*
NFC champ
COWBOYS*
AFC champ
COLTS*
SB champ
COLTS*
Coach of Year PARCELLS*Season MVP PALMER*
Off. Player of Year
TomlinsonDef. Player of Year PeppersOff. Rookie of Year C. WilliamsDef. Rookie of Year Ware

228.jpg

Jay Glazer

NFC East Eagles (???)
NFC North
Bears
NFC South
Falcons
NFC West
Rams
NFC wild-card
Giants
NFC wild-card Panthers
AFC East
Patriots
AFC North
Ravens (???)
AFC South
Colts
AFC West
Chargers
AFC wild-card
Chiefs
AFC wild-card
Jets
NFC champ
Falcons
AFC champ
Colts
SB champ
Falcons
Coach of Year Mora, Jr.Season MVP Vick
Off. Player of Year
TomlinsonDef. Player of Year PeppersOff. Rookie of Year BrownDef. Rookie of Year Ware

49.jpg

Randy Hill

NFC East GIANTS*
NFC North
BEARS*
NFC South
Panthers
NFC West
Seahawks
NFC wild-card
Falcons
NFC wild-card Cowboys
AFC East
Patriots
AFC North
Bengals
AFC South
COLTS*
AFC West
Broncos
AFC wild-card
STEELERS*
AFC wild-card
Chiefs
NFC champ
Panthers
AFC champ
Patriots
SB champ
Patriots
Coach of Year Belichick Season MVP Brady
Off. Player of Year
BradyDef. Player of Year SeymourOff. Rookie of Year N/ADef. Rookie of Year N/A

278.jpg

Adam Schein

NFC East GIANTS*
NFC North
BEARS*
NFC South
Panthers
NFC West
SEAHAWKS*
NFC wild-card
Falcons
NFC wild-card EAGLES*
AFC East
Patriots
AFC North
BENGALS*
AFC South
Colts
AFC West
Chargers
AFC wild-card
STEELERS*
AFC wild-card
CHIEFS*
NFC champ
Panthers
AFC champ
COLTS*
SB champ
Panthers
Coach of Year DUNGY*
Season MVP S. SMITH*
Off. Player of Year
ALEXANDER*
Def. Player of Year FREENEY*
Off. Rookie of Year MILLER*Def. Rookie of Year L. TATUPU*

282.jpg

Peter Schrager

NFC East
GIANTS*
NFC North
Vikings
NFC South
Panthers
NFC West
SEAHAWKS*
NFC wild-card
Falcons
NFC wild-card RAMS*
AFC East
Patriots
AFC North
STEELERS*
AFC South
Colts
AFC West
Broncos
AFC wild-card
CHARGERS*
AFC wild-card
Jaguars
NFC champ
Rams
AFC champ
Colts
SB champ
Colts
Coach of Year DUNGY*
Season MVP P. MANNING*
Off. Player of Year
ALEXANDER*
Off. Rookie of Year MILLER*
Def. Rookie of Year WARE*

275.jpg

Elliott Kalb

NFC East Eagles (???)
NFC North
BEARS*
NFC South Falcons
NFC West
SEAHAWKS*
NFC wild-card PANTHERS*
NFC wild-card
GIANTS*
AFC East
Patriots
AFC North
Bengals
AFC South Colts
AFC West
BRONCOS*
AFC wild-card
CHARGERS*
AFC wild-card STEELERS*
NFC champ
FALCONS*
AFC champ
Bengals
SB champ
FALCONS*
Coach of Year
Lewis Season MVP PALMER* Off. Player of Year PALMER* Def. Player of Year POLAMALU* Off. Rookie of Year MILLER*
Def. Rookie of Year MERRIMAN*

281.jpg

Michael Rosenberg

NFC East Cowboys
NFC North
BEARS*
NFC South Panthers
NFC West
SEAHAWKS*
NFC wild-card Bucs
NFC wild-card
GIANTS*
AFC East
Patriots
AFC North
BENGALS*
AFC South Colts
AFC West
BRONCOS*
AFC wild-card
STEELERS*
AFC wild-card CHIEFS*
NFC champ
Panthers
AFC champ
Colts
SB champ
Colts
Coach of Year
LEWIS*Season MVP P. ManningOff. Player of Year P. ManningDef. Player of Year FREENEY* Off. Rookie of Year BROWN*
Def. Rookie of Year THURMAN*

217.jpg

Dayn Perry

NFC East GIANTS*
NFC North
BEARS*
NFC South Panthers
NFC West
Seahawks
NFC wild-card COWBOYS*
NFC wild-card
GIANTS* (He has them winning NFCE and a wildcard???)
AFC East
Patriots
AFC North
Steelers
AFC South Colts
AFC West
BRONCOS*
AFC wild-card
CHARGERS*
AFC wild-card Bengals
NFC champ
PANTHERS*
AFC champ
Colts
SB champ
Colts
Coach of Year
DUNGY* Season MVP ALEXANDER*Off. Player of Year ALEXANDER*Def. Player of Year PeppersOff. Rookie of Year BROWN*
Def. Rookie of Year WARE*

Adrian Hasenmayer

NFC East GIANTS*
NFC North
BEARS*
NFC South Panthers
NFC West
Seahawks
NFC wild-card Falcons
NFC wild-card
COWBOYS*
AFC East
Patriots
AFC North
Steelers
AFC South Colts
AFC West
Chargers
AFC wild-card
BENGALS*
AFC wild-card BRONCOS*
NFC champ
PANTHERS*
AFC champ
Colts
SB champ
COLTS*
Coach of Year
LEWIS*Season MVP TOMLINSON*Off. Player of Year TOMLINSON*
Off. Rookie of Year BROWN*
Def. Rookie of Year Ware

Jim "Rhino" Reineking

NFC East
Eagles (???)
NFC North
BEARS*
NFC South Panthers
NFC West
SEAHAWKS*
NFC wild-card GIANTS*
NFC wild-card
Falcons
AFC East
PATRIOTS*
AFC North
STEELERS*
AFC South Colts
AFC West
BRONCOS*
AFC wild-card
BENGALS*
AFC wild-card
CHARGERS*
NFC champ
SEAHAWKS*
AFC champ
COLTS*
SB champ
COLTS*
Coach of Year
COUGHLIN*
Season MVP ALEXANDER*
Off. Player of Year TOMLINSON*
Off. Rookie of Year Orton
Def. Rookie of Year Ware

Breaking down the experts

EXPERT CONSENSUS PICKS — According to our experts, get ready for a Colts-Panthers Super Bowl, with Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy finally proving nice guys can finish first.

Here are the consensus predictions compiled from our ten experts above (total votes in parentheses):

NFC East: Giants (5), Eagles (3), Cowboys (2)
NFC North: Bears (9), Vikings (1)
NFC South: Panthers (8), Falcons (2)
NFC West: Seahawks (9), Rams (1)
NFC wild-card: Falcons (7), Giants (5), Cowboys (3), Eagles (1), Bucs (1), Rams (1)

AFC East: Patriots (10)
AFC North: Steelers (5), Bengals (4), Ravens (1)
AFC South: Colts (10)
AFC West: Broncos (7), Chargers (3)
AFC wild-card: Chargers (5), Bengals (4), Chiefs (4), Steelers (4), Broncos (1), Jaguars (1)

NFC champ: Panthers (5), Falcons (2), Cowboys (1), Rams (1), Seahawks (1)
AFC champ: Colts (8), Patriots (1), Bengals (1)
Super Bowl champ: Colts (6), Falcons (2), Patriots (1), Panthers (1)

Coach of Year: Marvin Lewis & Tony Dungy (tie, 3 each)
Season MVP: Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, Shaun Alexander (tie, 2 each)
Off. Player of Year: LaDainian Tomlinson (4)
Def. Player of Year: Dwight Freeney (5)
Off. Rookie of Year: Ronnie Brown (4)
Def. Rookie of Year: Demarcus Ware (6)

Best and worst preseason calls

JOHN CZARNECKI, FOX NFL Sunday Insider

211.jpg

Picks Breakdown: Changed 9 of 15 team picks, including both Super Bowl teams
From the expert: "Well, I messed everything up. I do think it will be Indy winning the AFC and in the Super Bowl against the Cowboys, who will win the NFC East. "The best picks I had were Demarcus Ware for Defensive Rookie of the Year in Dallas and Cadillac Williams for Offensive Rookie of the Year. Both players started strong and both should still be factors down the stretch. The biggest blunder was counting on Mike Martz to be healthy and to lead the Rams to the Super Bowl. He was so excited this summer about Steven Jackson and I bought into it, that he would run, run and then pass. Plus, I didn't know Martz would get sick.

Injuries have killed me with Bulger, Peppers and Seymour. They were healthy in August. What can you do?"

JAY GLAZER, FOX NFL Sunday/FSN Insider

228.jpg

Picks Breakdown: Glazer Is sticking with every one of his preseason picks.
Inside the picks: As of now, Glazer seems to have only a few questionable preseason picks as it is. The only iffy choices are the Eagles to win the NFC East, the Rams in the NFC West (although a win Sunday against Seattle throws them back in the race) and the struggling Ravens in the AFC North.But both of Glazer's Super Bowl picks from the preseason (Falcons and Colts) are in the thick of things.

RANDY HILL, FOX Funhouse contributor

49.jpg

Picks Breakdown: Changed 4 of 15 team picks, but stuck with Super Bowl teams (Patriots over Panthers)
From the expert: "My best pick was the Broncos. Things started looking up in Denver when Mike Shanahan realized Maurice Clarett is no Maurice Clarett.My worst pick was the Vikings. Just when did that alien ship descend upon Minneapolis, pausing to substitute Rohan Davey for Daunte Culpepper?"

ADAM SCHEIN, Sirius Satellite Radio & FSN/Totally Football contributor

278.jpg

Picks Breakdown: Changed 8 of 15 team picks, but stuck with Super Bowl champ (Panthers)
From the expert: "The best preseason call I made had to be Kyle Orton winning many more games than Brett Favre. For a team, it remains the Panthers, who are clicking in every phase right now. As far as my worst call, and there were some bad ones, it would have to be J.J. Arrington winning Rookie of the Year. I thought the neophyte might run for 116 against the 49ers, not 116 yards in THE FIRST HALF OF THE SEASON! It wasn't too smart picking the Ravens to win a division. But then again, I also picked the Vikings. If Fred Smoot is going to organize a cruise, I want to be notified in advance next time. Or the Saints making the playoffs. Aaron Brooks' decision-making and ineptitude has officially cured my Saint-itis."

PETER SCHRAGER, FOXSports.com contributor

282.jpg

Picks Breakdown: Changed 5 of 15 team picks, but stuck with Super Bowl teams (Patriots over Panthers)
From the expert: "Love my Broncos pick in the AFC West. I went with Denver back in August, absolutely enamored with the Tatum Bell-Mike Anderson backfield, an overhauled defense and Jake Plummer's new facial hair. Now, sitting pretty at midseason, I look like a crazy psychic working in Times Square. Great call. Thank you very much. And just for the record ... I'm not writing off the Vikings in the NFC North just yet. But I sure put a lot of eggs in that Tennessee Titans basket. Too bad they were all rotten. Jeff Fisher as Coach of the Year? Not quite. Steve McNair as MVP? Gross. The worst pick of all, though? Adam "Pacman" Jones as Defensive Rookie of the Year. For all of his pompous dancing and flare, he's easily been the worst cornerback in all of football this season. Jones' missed tackles in Week 8 against Jerry Porter and in Week 9 versus Antonio Bryant should be used in instructional videos on "What Not to Do" for high school players."

ELLIOTT KALB, FOXSports.com contributor

275.jpg

Picks Breakdown: Changed 9 of 15 team picks, including his Super Bowl champ (Falcons)
From the expert: "I was on the Bengals before the season started, and I see no reason to change my opinion. The Steelers started the season with running back injuries, then ran into quarterback injuries in the middle of the season. Of course, Indy will be tough to beat in the playoffs, but the Bengals pick off so many passes that I wouldn't put a Bengals victory out of the question. In the NFC, the Giants can make the playoffs even if they only win one game away from Giants Stadium all season — that's what happens when they have nine home games. It says here the Eagles will right themselves, but the Falcons will run past the Eagles in the NFC title game."

MICHAEL ROSENBERG, FOXSports.com contributor

281.jpg

Picks Breakdown: Changed 7 of 15 team picks, but stuck with Super Bowl teams (Colts over Panthers)
From the expert: "My best call? Colts over the Panthers in the Super Bowl. If they aren't the favorites right now, they should be. Indy is a virtual lock for homefield advantage in the AFC. My worst call? I thought Norm Chow would help Tennessee squeeze into the last wild-card spot. I suppose that could still happen ... if they double the playoff field."

DAYN PERRY, FOXSports.com contributor

217.jpg

Picks Breakdown: Changed 6 of 15 team picks, but stuck with Super Bowl champ (Colts)
From the expert: "For my best pick, I was right to anticipate a breakout season on the part of Marvin Lewis' Bengals. With talent like theirs at the skill positions, it was only a matter of time.For my worst pick, obviously I was far too bullish on Arizona. They've been lousy on both sides of the ball, and Seattle's running away with the division."

ADRIAN HASENMAYER, FOXSports.com NFL producer

Picks Breakdown: Changed 7 of 15 team picks, including Super Bowl champ (Colts instead of Eagles)
From the expert: "I am kicking myself for going against my gut and instead with my heart in picking the Eagles in the preseason to win it all. I knew the Eagles were a straight-up boom-or-bust choice, and right now we're all flossing the T.O. shrapnel out of our teeth. My head told me the Colts would win homefield advantage in the AFC, thereby setting the stage for a playoff run to Super Bowl XL at Ford Field, another indoor stomping ground for them."

JIM REINEKING, FOXSports.com/FOX Funhouse editor

Picks Breakdown: Led all experts by changing 11 of 15 team picks, including both Super Bowl teams
From the expert: "Looking back at my preseason NFL predictions was a demoralizing disaster. I was asked, 'What would you change?' How about everything?My 'Thanks for playing this predictions game, and by the way, you won't be doing this again next season' consolation prize appears to be my Rookie of the Year picks."

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Jay Glazer

Season MVP Vick

Either this guy is the biggest Atlanta homer in the world, or he is the biggest moron in the world. Which is it? Does he even watch football?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cobra said:
Jay Glazer

Season MVP Vick

Either this guy is the biggest Atlanta homer in the world, or he is the biggest moron in the world. Which is it? Does he even watch football?
One guy is all about the Patriots too.

I am most confused by the schmo that has the Giants winning the NFCE and being the Wildcard. Now that's a trick.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Glazer has St.louis beating out seattle. and seattle not even getting a playoff bid? lol