FoxSports QB Rankings: Dallas #3

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas Cowboys (Tony Romo)

3 Tony Romo, Jon Kitna, Stephen McGee
The perfect pass package would include a star on the rise entering his prime at QB1, a seasoned backup sporting plenty of sage advice who can salvage a season if injury strikes, and a kid full of promise at third string to polish for the future. Your perfect example: The Dallas Cowboys, with Romo ready to make a Super Bowl run, Kitna (13-year vet with 115 career starts) relishing his backup role as Romo's confidante and McGee -- the former local college star from Texas A&M.

11 New York Giants (Eli Manning)

Eli Manning, Jim Sorgi, Rhett Bomar
Eli Manning may not have the wacky fantasy numbers or the most manly body language on the field, but he's got a Super Bowl ring and is quietly coming off his best passing year ever (27 TD, 14 INT, 4,021 yards). But behind him is a big pile of "uh oh." Jim Sorgi goes from one Manning brother to another after spending several years in Indy backing up Eli's big brother. But between he and rookie Rhett Bomar, Big Blue would be a giant mess if Eli went down.

14 Washington Commanders (Donovan McNabb)

Donovan McNabb, Rex Grossman, Richard Bartel, Colt Brennan (inj)
Props to the Commanders for making an offer that Philly coach Andy Reid couldn't refuse to get a big-time quarterback in town to instill some real juice into this franchise. McNabb may be the most underappreciated top-tier QB (maybe not a Manning, Brees or Brady, but he's right below them) and he won't admit it, so I will: He desperately needed (and privately wanted, in my opinion) to escape from Philly. His spirits are back, as are the 'Skins as a playoff contender. I'm not a big fan of Rex Grossman, but at least he's not the starter.

17 Philadelphia Eagles (Michael Vick - left, Kevin Kolb - right)

Kevin Kolb, Michael Vick, Mike Kafka
Andy Reid better be right about this Kolb guy. Because if the Eagles are wrong and young Kevin Kolb is a year or two away from competance as an NFL starting QB, the franchise is set back a few years and truly rebuilding. Most teams would cut off a limb to have a three-time Pro Bowler at backup QB, but most view Mike Vick more as wildcat gimmick rather than pure passer. Still, signs point to Kolb being ready enough to give Philly a strong enough duo.

Click the link to view the whole list: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/QB-power-rankings#sport=NFL&photo=11357940

SDCowboy

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3446153 said:
Was it posted here? My bad, if so. Find the link and I'll merge.
No I don't think so. I saw it on Fox Sports. :D

aikemirv

Reaction score
Tavaris Jackson is trash. I don't know how you rank him above the NE,NO or Indiapolis backups honestly. I am sure they are all more accurate. Can they move as well , no, but that does not matter. If I have WR options like NO, INdy, MInn or NE I want an accurate backup.

Pittsburgh #1 - Don't see that at all with the #1 suspended and the #2 playing very poorly as a starter last year. Yes he did well in Pitt the year before but he was terrible as a starter last year.

I don't know what Kitna would bring any more or Volek for that matter for SD but the fact is, if a top team loses its starter they are pretty much doomed unless for a couple of games.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
aikemirv;3446167 said:
Tavaris Jackson is trash. I don't know how you rank him above the NE,NO or Indiapolis backups honestly. I am sure they are all more accurate. Can they move as well , no, but that does not matter. If I have WR options like NO, INdy, MInn or NE I want an accurate backup.

Pittsburgh #1 - Don't see that at all with the #1 suspended and the #2 playing very poorly as a starter last year. Yes he did well in Pitt the year before but he was terrible as a starter last year.

I don't know what Kitna would bring any more or Volek for that matter for SD but the fact is, if a top team loses its starter they are pretty much doomed unless for a couple of games.
Ben being suspended doesn't change the fact that he is the starting QB. This isn't top QB groups in terms of fantasy.

aikemirv

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3446173 said:
Ben being suspended doesn't change the fact that he is the starting QB. This isn't top QB groups in terms of fantasy.

Won't be starting first 6 games right?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
aikemirv;3446357 said:
Won't be starting first 6 games right?

4, if he meets the commish's criteria.........................