FoxSports Whitlock: #8 Truth: Clock was run improperly in the final 20 sec

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06;1703304 said:
Did Whitlock get fired from ESPN? When did he start working for Fox?

To the Zoners:
Whitlock was fired from ESPN for calling Mike Lupica a bitter little man and Scoop Jackson a fake(to put it nicely).
I would call Whitlock a lot of things,but moron is not one of them.
Remember,BSPN fired him for not toeing the company line.

jimmy40

Reaction score
theogt;1703204 said:
Doesn't the clock start running when it's touched? If so, are they saying that 4-5 seconds should have run off between the time when Hurd touched it and Curtis fell on it?
Between the ball being touched and the refs blowing the ball dead (which is what matters) was at least 4 seconds maybe 5. The refs gave us one there but we would have done things different with 2 or 3 less seconds less to work with. Maybe be win, maybe we don't, but the clock was a gift.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
jimmy40;1703564 said:
Between the ball being touched and the refs blowing the ball dead (which is what matters) was at least 4 seconds maybe 5. The refs gave us one there but we would have done things different with 2 or 3 less seconds less to work with. Maybe be win, maybe we don't, but the clock was a gift.
But it wasn't 4 to 5 seconds between when the ball was touched and when the play should have been blown dead. You can said that they screwed the Bills by not screwing us, but that doesn't make much sense.

nathanlt

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1703196 said:
9. Terrell Owens isn't talking this week because he doesn't want anyone asking him about the balls he dropped in Dallas' miracle victory over the Buffalo Bills.

T.O. was damn near as bad as Tony Romo in Monday's contest. Seriously, had the Cowboys lost, there would've been two story lines: Romo's five interceptions and T.O.'s three drops, including a two-point conversion pass that would've tied the game.

Owens dropped a key pass in Dallas' game-winning field-goal drive. The Original 81 was awful and doesn't want to spend all week talking about the New 81 (Randy Moss) and the incredible season he's having in New England.

T.O. hatched a great scheme and, of course, the media and his teammates are lapping it up. We — media and men — are often the worst groupies.

8. The Cowboys stole Monday's game partially because the clock was run improperly in the final 20 seconds.

For some reason the clock never ran during Dallas' onside kick. Somehow the refs concluded only two seconds expired on the play. The play easily could've burned four or five seconds had the clock run the way it normally does when there's a scrap for the football.

The refs reset the clock to 13 seconds on T.O.'s dropped pass that was only ruled a drop after a replay review. This might have been appropriate and accurate, but had the refs ruled it an incompletion off the top and whistled the play dead, there could've easily been another second or two come off the clock.

Anyway, Dallas stopped the clock when Patrick Crayton stepped out of bounds with two seconds to play and booted the game-winning field goal.

7. While we're on the subject, let me state the painfully obvious: The Buffalo Bills are horrible.

Do you know how hard it is to lose a home game when you win the turnover battle 6-1, and score two defensive touchdowns and one touchdown on a return? I don't know either. But it's awfully freaking hard.

Dallas' defense ain't that good. It's inexcusable given all the extra possessions that the Buffalo offense could produce just three points.

LINK

#9... That's called pass interference, the refs didn't call it.
#8... Don't get me started on the refs. They had several bad calls.
#7... Or maybe the Cowboys defense IS good and that's why opposing offenses haven't scored a TD in the last 2 games.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
bobtheflob;1703286 said:
I'm someone who normally argues against the whole "media person x hates the cowboys" argument. But from what I've read of Whitlock, he is a Cowboy hater. The only national media type that's worse is Bayless.

Speaking of Bayless, did anybody see him Friday afternoon? He was absolutely off the charts. His "opponent" in the argument simply blew him away, and he sat there and said Romo was a very poor quarterback, that Tony's accomplishments the first 4 games were pure luck, and that the real Romo was personified in the Buffalo game.

JPM

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1703870 said:
Quick somebody air mail Whitlock a 12 inch hoagie so he can shut up....:wink2:

I feel bad for that couch.

whitlock.jpg

baj1dallas

Reaction score
viman96;1703266 said:
hahaha WOW that is just some straight up hate :laugh2:

no doubt. he's nitpicking but doesn't mention the obviously illegal review of a play two plays ago on the incompletion.