FP: Overheard... Kitna -- 'It's like you got your heart ripped out of your chest'

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
OVERHEARD: Kitna -- 'It's like you got your heart ripped out of your chest'
December 10, 2007

Lions coach Rod Marinelli, on whether Jason Hanson’s missed field goal was the emotional turning point: “You know, you’re probably right, but I’d be disappointed if it was. It shouldn’t matter. You just keep playing the next snap.”

Marinelli, on why defensive tackle Shaun Rogers wasn’t on the field on Marion Barber’s one-yard TD run in the fourth quarter: “Well, we’re just rotating them in and out of the game. We’re just rotating fresh guys in there.”

Advertisement

Marinelli, on safety Greg Blue’s recovery of Jason Witten’s fumble at Detroit’s 1: “You know, he’s a big, physical guy, and he’s always been known as a hitter. He’s a young player, so he’s somebody to look at.”

Blue, on hearing the crowd chant his name: “It felt good. It took me back to college right there.”

Dallas tight end Jason Witten, on fumbling and then making the winning TD catch: “Obviously, I was excited to have the ball back after thinking I lost the game for us. We thought: Just play smart, don’t do too much. We knew what they were going to play; they had been playing it the entire game. We knew we had to make completions and get out of bounds.”

Dallas receiver Terrell Owens, on why he wasn’t a factor with few balls thrown to him: “I think they played a lot of safety over the top. They double- and triple-teamed me, but you saw Marion (Barber) and Jason get a lot of balls today because I drew a lot of coverage. The only thing that matters is this hat on my head (NFC East champions). We won and nothing else matters.”

Marinelli on limiting Owens: “(Cover 2) opens up other things to the tight end and stuff like that. You just don’t give up the deep stuff in Cover 2, but you need to tackle and you need to rush to really make it go.”

Lions quarterback Jon Kitna, on bouncing back from a five-game losing streak: “We are not going to have problems to get back up to play a football game. That’s not the problem, but of course we’re going to be down. You lay your life on the line out there. You play your heart out, and when you lose, especially in that manner, it’s like you got your heart ripped out of your chest.”

zeromaster

Reaction score
As much whining as Kitna was doing on the field, he deserved to have his heart ripped out. :)

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1824846 said:
Dallas receiver Terrell Owens, on why he wasn’t a factor with few balls thrown to him: “I think they played a lot of safety over the top. They double- and triple-teamed me, but you saw Marion (Barber) and Jason get a lot of balls today because I drew a lot of coverage. The only thing that matters is this hat on my head (NFC East champions). We won and nothing else matters.”

But I heard T.O. was upset, unhappy and pouting because he wasn't getting involved? ;)

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
zeromaster;1824965 said:
As much whining as Kitna was doing on the field, he deserved to have his heart ripped out. :)
:mad: I just want to know why the hell no one stomped on it afterwards.

tunahelper

Reaction score
December 10, 2007

Lions coach Rod Marinelli, on whether Jason Hanson’s missed field goal was the emotional turning point: “You know, you’re probably right, but I’d be disappointed if it was. It shouldn’t matter. You just keep playing the next snap.”

Marinelli, on why defensive tackle Shaun Rogers wasn’t on the field on Marion Barber’s one-yard TD run in the fourth quarter: “Well, we’re just rotating them in and out of the game. We’re just rotating fresh guys in there.”

Advertisement

Marinelli, on safety Greg Blue’s recovery of Jason Witten’s fumble at Detroit’s 1: “You know, he’s a big, physical guy, and he’s always been known as a hitter. He’s a young player, so he’s somebody to look at.”

Blue, on hearing the crowd chant his name: “It felt good. It took me back to college right there.”

Dallas tight end Jason Witten, on fumbling and then making the winning TD catch: “Obviously, I was excited to have the ball back after thinking I lost the game for us. We thought: Just play smart, don’t do too much. We knew what they were going to play; they had been playing it the entire game. We knew we had to make completions and get out of bounds.”

Marinelli on limiting Owens: “(Cover 2) opens up other things to the tight end and stuff like that. You just don’t give up the deep stuff in Cover 2, but you need to tackle and you need to rush to really make it go.”

Lions quarterback Jon Kitna, on bouncing back from a five-game losing streak: “We are not going to have problems to get back up to play a football game. That’s not the problem, but of course we’re going to be down. You lay your life on the line out there. You play your heart out, and when you lose, especially in that manner, it’s like you got your heart ripped out of your chest.”

Love it!

Nightstalker

Reaction score
December 10, 2007

Advertisement

I could have sworn that I say him yelling at Rogers once when he got off the field in the Fourth.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Was Kitna this much of a d-bag in Cincy and I just didn't notice it? Or is this a recent development?

WoLF2001

Reaction score
cobra;1825397 said:
Was Kitna this much of a d-bag in Cincy and I just didn't notice it? Or is this a recent development?

D-Bagerry is pretty much an inherited trait..:)

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How would Kitna feel if a Dallas player criticized him because he didn't lead his team to victory on Sunday? I bet he wouldn't appreciate it. It would be the truth, but he wouldn't appreciate it. That's the flaw in the logic of those who say it was OK for him to criticize our defense because his team had beat us and what he was saying was the truth.