Francesca , the "almighty"

40Bates40

Benched
Reaction score
"the Cowboys lack character" they have a ton of talent but no character, this has been an issue since Bill was there as well.
Paraphrasing of course.

This might be the 1st thing this ham n egger ever got right. We still need a leader on defense. A warrior.

Boysboy

Reaction score
40Bates40;1904535 said:
"the Cowboys lack character" they have a ton of talent but no character, this has been an issue since Bill was there as well.
Paraphrasing of course.

This might be the 1st thing this ham n egger ever got right. We still need a leader on defense. A warrior.

That's what I've been thinking all along.

It's not that our coach is "laid back" per se, but look at teams like the Eagles...Andy Reid may be nothing but a grandfather, but he has the likes of Brian Dawkins et al that fires up the team. Ditto the Colts with Manning, Pats with Brady, Bruchki, etc.

I'm wondering if either via FA or the draft, we can get a Brian Dawkins, Teddy Bruschki, etc type player. It seems like every December, we just CAN'T have "that player" that steps up and makes THAT GAME CHANGING PLAY.:bang2:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't disagree with what the fatman said.

This team has a bunch of "A-Rod's" and "Dave Winfield's". What we need is a "Reggie Jackson" or two.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1904597 said:
I don't disagree with what the fatman said.

This team has a bunch of "A-Rod's" and "Dave Winfield's". What we need is a "Reggie Jackson" or two.

Actually what we need is a Paul O'neill...Tino Martinez...or two. We got enough stars. We need some grit.

Actually what we need is to stop drawing baseball analogies. :D

Yo Mikey!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99;1904606 said:
Actually what we need is a Paul O'neill...Tino Martinez...or two. We got enough stars. We need some grit.

Yo Mikey!

I agree.

We have no grit.

Hi Juke. :)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1904616 said:
I agree.

We have no grit.

Hi Juke. :)

Deion nailed it after the Packer game...he said that his concern is that this team lacks a killer instinct.

He was right.

42 seconds before the half?

And then the first drive after the half when we got to their 11 and the wheels fell off.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Juke99;1904660 said:
Deion nailed it after the Packer game...he said that his concern is that this team lacks a killer instinct.

He was right.

And then the first drive after the half when we got to their 11 and the wheels fell off.

It takes time to develop a killer instinct. Does a tiger cub hunt from day one?

The Cowboys are a bunch of naive tiger cubs who still play with live prey since no one is teaching them how to make the kill. :D They need a mama tiger.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
This team appears to be very immature and, as JJT said today, narcissitic. That's why the comparisons to the '91 team fall short. That and the fact that we don't have JIMMY FREAKIN JOHNSON for our HC now!!

dwmyers

Reaction score
40Bates40;1904535 said:
Paraphrasing of course.

What we have are a collection of has beens, wanna bes and twits telling everyone else what is wrong with the Dallas Cowboys.

The thing is, the *next week* they'll be saying the same thing about two more teams ;).

It's also amazing how a year of doing nothing has 'rehabilitated' Bill Parcell's reputation, because they were showering the jeers on him last year too.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Juke99;1904660 said:

He was right.

I will help you out in basketball terms Mario Freakin Ellie dude was pure grit and played above his talent and was not scared to take the last shot :D

locked&loaded

Reaction score
40Bates40;1904535 said:
Paraphrasing of course.

Remember against the texans when roy looked to the sidelines and said. "Yall f***** up now"? I wish we had that but hes disgusting.

I wish Ware could step it up and get loud, hes a quiet one though. Could spencer be that guy?

jimmy40

Reaction score
Kangaroo;1904959 said:
I will help you out in basketball terms Mario Freakin Ellie dude was pure grit and played above his talent and was not scared to take the last shot :D
He should have kicked Danny Ainge's *** for hitting him in the face with the ball. I'm still pissed about that.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
They need at least one leader on either side of the ball....in theory Romo should be the leader on offense, but Guy Smiley doesn't appear to have the stones to be that guy.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The team has too much character. We need a few more convicts.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
dwmyers;1904941 said:
What we have are a collection of has beens, wanna bes and twits telling everyone else what is wrong with the Dallas Cowboys.

The thing is, the *next week* they'll be saying the same thing about two more teams ;).

It's also amazing how a year of doing nothing has 'rehabilitated' Bill Parcell's reputation, because they were showering the jeers on him last year too.

Excellent Post. We win the game if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with dumb moves; penalties, poor clock management, Tony holding onto the ball, etc. And... if we win, Wade, Jason, Tony, T.O., the "team" are heroes, Jessica's a good-luck charm, etc. Yada Yada Yada. People are so quick to point fingers and draw conclusions. I hope the players don't pay any attention to Fat Francesa and others, especially the clowns at CBS sports and ESPN. Parcells didn't have the Cowboys playing with the "team spirit" that Wade does. I'm extra proud to be a Cowboy fan this year, unlike the last several years, mainly because I saw the Cowboys playing "together" and having fun. Parcells takes the fun out of the game. I'm glad to see him gone.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
We traded The Shanle away.....lol

Yes, we need some emotional football muckers. There is no emotion to our defense, Talent galore but not a lot of heart.

bigdrulez3141

Reaction score
Juke99;1904606 said:

Yo Mikey!
Not to sound gay but i loved me some tino back in the day.