Franchise Tag: Demarcus Lawrence & the Salary Cap

rkell87

Reaction score
You're all over the place. What do you think we could get for the listed players.

Please add up the amount of accelerated cap, you're way off.

"You want earl Thomas but want more than him for the only asset you mention trading"

want more than him for the only asset you mentioned trading....

You assumed that I meant trading Tyron for Thomas, and I did not.
No I'm not your comprehension is ****. We can get something, you said we could get nothing.

You add it up I guarantee I'm not.

No I assumed nothing, I asked why you wouldn't offer player you don't want for player you do.

Again, keep up.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
No I'm not your comprehension is ****. We can get something, you said we could get nothing.

You add it up I guarantee I'm not.

No I assumed nothing, I asked why you wouldn't offer player you don't want for player you do.

Again, keep up.

Was this even English?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
A sack is worth about a million in the NFL. I doubt he signs for any less than 14 million a year. If we can get him for 12 million sign me up immediately.
Wouldn't surprise me to see his agent starting at 14-15 per.
That might even be low ball, probably is, in fact I know it will be.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Was this even English?
Sometimes I wonder if its not word recognition software, .. not trying to be a jerk,,, but serious.
I have conversations occasionally with people that use really bad/old recognition software, and I see the same.
But then again, could just be hitting that Virginia Shine...lol

rkell87

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if its not word recognition software, .. not trying to be a jerk,,, but serious.
I have conversations occasionally with people that use really bad/old recognition software, and I see the same.
But then again, could just be hitting that Virginia Shine...lol
You're ********

Edit so you know, you are re tar ded

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Whether I’m impressed or not is irrelevant. My comment was about Lawrence and opportunities for other lineman. The point is you read into what I said over word semantics when you don’t even have an informed opinion in general and ultimately voiced the same point I made.

Watched all the games just didnt focus on Soft Taco. So what did I miss? Looks like one sack. Im still not impressed.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Depends as FA impacts the draft, but on that list, I would probably say Revis, Marshall, and Cook.

So, you would rather have 2 washed up players who are now trash, and 1 mediocre tight end. Over a defensive end who can get 14 sacks?

Terrible.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look up some other words that help you to feel smarter than you actually are.

You, and your thread are an embarrassment.

Hang your head.
:facepalm:
The OP provides great comedy even if it's unintended...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Some choice quotes from my OP which you didn't read that might help you out..

I'm sure it won't be popular, but I say you let Lawrence (9?) walk and let someone else give him his big payday and instead pick up the comp pick. Draft a defensive end in the first round and trade up if you have to, to get the right guy. Then you hope that Taco Charlton wasn't the boneheaded draft choice I think he was and pair the two together for the next 4 years.

2018 Draft Priorities
1. DE
2. T (if Tyron Smith is moved)

5. Take the major hit and cut Tyrone Crawford now. Sign a free agent NT in free agency. Would like to look at Dontari Poe.

We finally find a war daddy DE and you want the let the guy go? I understand the one year wonder thing and the back issues. So you either sign him to a lower year contract or franchise him for a year and see how it goes. Expensive in the short term, but you can cut ties with no future salary repercussions if he gets hurt or doesnt pan out. IF this guy can put up another 15 sack season, 17 million or so will be worth it.

And with Smith on a team friendly contract for another two years no sense in moving him. Cutting Crawford is great stuff and Poe would by my choice as well.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
not a defensive end

This splitting of hairs is the very definition of intellectual dishonesty. I know, that you know, a 3-4 OLB and a 4-3 DE play the same role. So if your definition is a DE that can consistently get double digit sacks, no one who has a basic understanding of NFL defenses would say Von Miller doesn't count.

conner01

Reaction score
If you make the argument that Dlaw isn’t worth the money how do you justify paying big money to Poe?
I get the argument whether I agree with it or not that some positions aren’t worth the cost but how would a one tech be and a DE not be
And I would love to add Poe myself
I think Poe-Collins-Dlaw-Irving
All lined up together would put this D over the top

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
The point is you’re not going to get 4/5 good players with 20 million dollars. This isn’t 1999 anymore. You might get 2 good starts with 20 million but 4/5 ? Cmon they’re scrubs or non impactful. Rather have the superstar pass rusher. We had a top 5 pass rusher no way we let him get away.
Poe alone would cost half the money

Galian Beast

Reaction score
This splitting of hairs is the very definition of intellectual dishonesty. I know, that you know, a 3-4 OLB and a 4-3 DE play the same role. So if your definition is a DE that can consistently get double digit sacks, no one who has a basic understanding of NFL defenses would say Von Miller doesn't count.

Given that that position doesn't fit our scheme, shows that you're the ones actually being very dishonest here.

And they actually don't play the same role as one drops back into coverage and can't possibly hold up as well against the run.

You asked for a definition, ignored it, and suggested that your answer was correct.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
We finally find a war daddy DE and you want the let the guy go? I understand the one year wonder thing and the back issues. So you either sign him to a lower year contract or franchise him for a year and see how it goes. Expensive in the short term, but you can cut ties with no future salary repercussions if he gets hurt or doesnt pan out. IF this guy can put up another 15 sack season, 17 million or so will be worth it.

And with Smith on a team friendly contract for another two years no sense in moving him. Cutting Crawford is great stuff and Poe would by my choice as well.

You seem to think he'll take whatever you offer him.

Franchising him makes little sense as well, as you handicap this year completely. A player who gets hurt or doesn't perform on a franchise tag as a defensive end (who impacts the play of the game significantly less than say a QB...) but takes up nearly 20 million a year? It isn't financially wise.

Verdict

Reaction score
You mean like Nolan Caroll, Cedric Thorton , Stephan Paea , Terrence Williams ? Naw I don’t want 4/5 more scrub / average players with no impact. Give me the premier pass rusher . I’ll take my chances and rent him for a year. There is no one in free agency besides Drew Brees (who will probably be Re-signed) that can impact more than Lawrence .

That's a pretty strong statement. I'm not sure it's true that he would be second only to Drew Brees. Impactful, yeah. Well paid, yeah. But second only to Drew Brees? Maybe and maybe not.

Verdict

Reaction score
You seem to think he'll take whatever you offer him.

Franchising him makes little sense as well, as you handicap this year completely. A player who gets hurt or doesn't perform on a franchise tag as a defensive end (who impacts the play of the game significantly less than say a QB...) but takes up nearly 20 million a year? It isn't financially wise.

Financially wise? Depends on your perspective. If he turns out to be a one year wonder the franchise tag is a bargain and saves you a lot of money long term.