Twitter: Franchise Tag Tuesday

jrumann59

Reaction score
I am Romo fan. Not a diehard Romo fan. The diehard think that Romo is a great QB. Romo was very good and kept us relevant.

I don’t think Fantasy Era is the primary reason. The Millennial player and younger generation don’t view these owners or teams with the same reverence’s as most NFL fans do.

These Dak Haters long for an NFL era that ended 4 seasons ago

Because most of those people actually have a problem with rich people.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He can't carry the team. He needs help
See also: 31 other quarterbacks. And that's besides the fact that Dak is as good as just about any QB in the league at doing more with less.

That's also irrelevant. I'm sure it's been explained to you 500 times, but what a player is worth is defined by their peers. If you want to sit here and say that Kirk Cousins, Jared Goff and Carson Wentz are all better, go ahead. But that'd be entirely wrong.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
See also: 31 other quarterbacks. And that's besides the fact that Dak is as good as just about any QB in the league at doing more with less.

That's also irrelevant. I'm sure it's been explained to you 500 times, but what a player is worth is defined by their peers. If you want to sit here and say that Kirk Cousins, Jared Goff and Carson Wentz are all better, go ahead. But that'd be entirely wrong.

Technically I would have to disagree with you on that. Players like to pretend that to be the case so they can use that for leverage.
But in truth, value is determined by supply and demand.
But players love to point to other players and say SEE! That guy got more money, so I should too, whether he deserves it or not.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I don't see Dak signing anything under 40 per year over the length of the contract. He has Jerruh bent over a barrel here. Either we pay through the nose, or get busy looking at a draft picks. I'd rather keep Dak but not sure that is going to be possible and rebuild the defense at the same time.

Frozen700

Reaction score

But he's average. So the fact he wants elite money is ridiculous. He doesn't elevate players. They have to make him look good.

It's not an even take off. Like with Patrick, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Ben, Watson, Herbert, brees ect

School

Reaction score
But he's average. So the fact he wants elite money is ridiculous. He doesn't elevate players. They have to make him look good.

It's not an even take off. Like with Patrick, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Ben, Watson, Herbert, brees ect

Tell that to Zeke this season and Cobb last season.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

None of this matters. If you think he's average, then he gets paid like an average quarterback. Thats over $30m.

This is why I say you don't know what you're talking about.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't see Dak signing anything under 40 per year over the length of the contract. He has Jerruh bent over a barrel here. Either we pay through the nose, or get busy looking at a draft picks. I'd rather keep Dak but not sure that is going to be possible and rebuild the defense at the same time.
Yes, but Jerrys magic 8 ball says its going down, so please at least give the 5th year in term.
Thats just being somewhat considerate like lighting a match before exiting the toilet room.

DFWJC

Reaction score
March 9 is the deadline.
As long as players are tagged by then, teams still control their rights.

Adreme

Reaction score
He can't carry the team. He needs help

First 0 QBs win with nothing and second we visibly saw how much he carried the offense. So yes saying “Dak only deserves 30” is basically admitting you do not understand football well at all.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well it's Wednesday. Still no tag from the Cowboys.

I think they made their point.