Frederick 6-8 weeks away

Zordon

Reaction score
2019 - Fred back, post-surgery Tyron, C-Will 15lbs heavier, Irving back on a prove-it-deal, Earl roaming the backfield, Richard takeover, new OC & QB coach....next year is setting up to be THE year.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
According to Jeff Cavanaugh, Fredrick informed them he does not expect to play this year, but feels good about being back next year. On Twitter, no idea how to copy it here though

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I know I shouldn't be looking past 2018, but I could see things really coming together for us next year.

GMO415

Reaction score
2019 - Fred back, post-surgery Tyron, C-Will 15lbs heavier, Irving back on a prove-it-deal, Earl roaming the backfield, Richard takeover, new OC & QB coach....next year is setting up to be THE year.
draft a catching TE and cut Rico

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Looney has been good enough to be starter at least at LG next year IMO...try to fit this guy in the top 5

jnday

Reaction score
draft a catching TE and cut Rico
Maybe a good offensive coach will know how to use Rico. The current coaches sure don’t use him well. He is the best blocking TE on the team over the last few games. I don’t know about pass catching. They won’t call plays for him to catch the ball.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Our Oline has grown this season and will be so much better nest year.I was thinking drafting a center.
What?? We have the worst OL in the NFL, in terms of pass protection (more important than run blocking)... most sacks allowed in the NFL. Looney and Collins suck, as does backup LT and the LG spot.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
But... DeMarcus Lawrence on the Eagles or the Jets or something. So, nope. :(

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
If Fredbeard decides not to come back next year (or if he comes back but can't start), I say draft another center but..... not in the second round.. The later rounds should be just fine..

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
If Fredbeard decides not to come back next year (or if he comes back but can't start), I say draft another center but..... not in the second round.. The later rounds should be just fine..
Disagree there...

He is an all-pro C.

Replacing him with a player of similar quality is not going to be an easy task.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Disagree there...

He is an all-pro C.

Replacing him with a player of similar quality is not going to be an easy task.

I'm not denying he's an all pro C.. I'm thankful we got him on our team... He's awesome. I just think we can use the 2nd round pick for a better position of need... Surely we may even be able to find someone of equal or similar quality in free agency.. I (myself) have never been a fan of drafting a center. I would rather have someone NFL experienced. I think you have better chances of an experienced center protecting Dak.. Nothing against Looney but it looks like he's getting pushed around a little too much for my taste...

Last edited:

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Dallas Cowboys Pro Bowl center Travis Frederick, who has been sidelined since the start of the season with Guillian-Barre Syndrome, essentially confirmed on Tuesday what the front office had earlier suggested ... he's not expecting to return to the playing field at all in 2018.
"I'm not sure I'm going to play football this year,'' said Frederick, who began dealing with the rate illness at training camp and provided an update on Tuesday night via a 105.3 The Fan appearance here at The Star in Frisco. "But I feel good about the direction I'm going.''
Frederick recently started to have the sensation return to his fingers, and that is an optimistic sign. But more time is needed for the hoped-for full recovery and a possible return next season. And an "I'll be back'' attitude is clearly part of his agenda.

"Everyone's been on a very close watch on the progress I've made - and I have made progress,'' he said. "(But) even if I was 100-percent good strength-wise, I'd still (be) eight weeks out.''

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
Biggest thing I hear is there is at least a future for him in 2019
Great. Gaining his health back is #1 priority. As much as I liked seeing him on the sideline with the booths (like a coach), he is a great guy and still got a lot left in him for the game. So, I deep down wish him great luck to be able to get back on where he belongs to.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Sounds like he still hasn’t fully regained feeling in his feet and has a little tingling in his fingers. I hope he’s better next year. If not he should retire and really focus on his health.

Cowboys C Travis Frederick (illness, injured reserve) says he feels good about playing in 2019.

Frederick doesn't expect to return this season, but his positivity going into next season is certainly good news for him and the Cowboys. Frederick was diagnosed with a rare auto-immune disease called Guillan Barre Syndrome in August of this year.

Source - Rotoworld.com