Free Agency and The 'Boys

BigDPlayer

Reaction score
So, is it me, or is anyone SALIVATING over the lists of FA available and how they correspond with what we need this offseason. Runyan, Viniateri, Bentley, heck even Ray Lewis (although I dont want to see him wearing a star).

Just seems like the football gods are aligning for Dallas to make another couple of runs. Thoughts??

BigDPlayer

Reaction score
Well, that isn't by any means definitive. Just overall, it seems the FA list this offseason is potentially good for Dallas. Very good. That's all.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Free Agency is somewhat overrated. Time and time again it's been shown that Super Bowl teams are built through the draft.

Rich...........

Eddie

Reaction score
Why do I have a feeling our FA splash won't have too many ripples???

With only $3 mil at the moment (maybe $13 mil after some "adjustments"), I wouldn't expect too many big name players.

We also have to be frugal with our FA money. No more big money to 30+ year old guys. No more Marco Riveras.

Woods

Reaction score
If we can land a solid FG kicker, an answer at RT for a couple of years, and either a LB or FS in FA, I'd be fairly happy.

In the Draft we can try to plug another 2-3 holes.

We'll probably still have a hole (or two) left after everything is done, but that's the NFL nowadays.

As for money under the cap, from everything I've read on this board, we should be o.k.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Woods said:
If we can land a solid FG kicker, an answer at RT for a couple of years, and either a LB or FS in FA, I'd be fairly happy.

In the Draft we can try to plug another 2-3 holes.

We'll probably still have a hole (or two) left after everything is done, but that's the NFL nowadays.

As for money under the cap, from everything I've read on this board, we should be o.k.

Agree, not looking for any SUPERSTARS...I too would be happy with some solid vets, Kicker, FS, RT. From the looks at what is shaking out, we should be able to at least upgrade those positions through FA.

sago1

Reaction score
Also want Cowboys to upgrade 2-5 positions thru FA. RT, PK, FB(?), vet ILB familiar w/3-4, C & young FS like Chris Hope (if he good cover safety. In the draft, I'd say we go after OLB, FS, WR (Holmes or Chad Jackson), DT, OG, OT (if Adams' replacement not already on team), and TE, in no particular order.

nathanlt

Reaction score
If FA will enable us to be completely focused on BPA, then great! Because that's where our focus should be, not filling needs.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
BigDPlayer said:
So, is it me, or is anyone SALIVATING over the lists of FA available ?

No, I would describe myself as "interested", "curious", or "attentive". Salivating? Not over FA lists.:D

neosapien23

Reaction score
I really hope Bentley is brought in. I think most of the fans think a contract comparable to Mike Wahle is more than fair. If he wants more than that, then we will stick with Al Johnson.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
I salivate over a Lamborghini (sp?), but that doesn't mean I have the money to run out and buy one. I hope we are active, but I want us to be fiscally responsible, too. It doesn't make sense to replace an aging O-lineman with another O-lineman. Bentley would be good as he is still young, but I don't want another 30-something to come in as a fill-in.