Free Agency Bust

sportsman

Reaction score
BP has not had good luck in FA. in his tenure here in Dallas.
We really haven't had one player to point at and say ..Wow! What a pickup.

These guys have come in here and been either injury prone or just a bust.ie..Ferguson.

Gordon

Reaction score
Terry Glenn, Keyshawn Johnson, Anthony Henry, and Drew Bledsoe come to mind immediately.

Scott Fujita's been good for what he was brought here to do.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sportsman said:
BP has not had good luck in FA. in his tenure here in Dallas.
We really haven't had one player to point at and say ..Wow! What a pickup.

These guys have come in here and been either injury prone or just a bust.ie..Ferguson.

Anthony Henry was a very good pick up and Ferguson is playing better than many give him credit for.

thewivil

Reaction score
Gordon said:
Terry Glenn, Keyshawn Johnson, Anthony Henry, and Drew Bledsoe come to mind immediately.

Scott Fujita's been good for what he was brought here to do.

Glenn, Keyshawn and Fujita were brought here via trade.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Fujita has been average at best. He is a big part of why teams are running like the blazes on Dallas IMO. He was a trade anyway.

Ferguson has been decent, but you'd think a guy brought in to play this 3-4 NT could actually beat out an undersized gap shooter before the 13th game of the season or whatever. No one on the defense is playing well now.

Glenn and Johnson were both trades as well. Henry has played well and should continue to play well in the future. Campbell was a nice role player in 2003 that brought leadership and accountability to the team. Ditto Singleton.

thewivil

Reaction score
Robinson was another good pickup. He played very well in his limited role with the team and caught a few touchdown passes to boot.

Gordon

Reaction score
thewivil said:
Glenn, Keyshawn and Fujita were brought here via trade.

Yeah, forgot about that. I just lumped all guys brought in during the Parcells era into one group for some reason.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dan Campbell is pretty good, don't forget about Drew, yes Drew.
And even though most don't think so, but Vinnie was doing pretty decent until Terry Glenn and Dan Campbell, and Julius all went down, then the wheels started to fall off.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
The only guys that have failed really bad for Bill were Gowin, Ryan Young, Wiley, Mitchell, and Rivera.

Outside of Rivera, none of these guys were a considerable cap hit. Mitchell got hurt. Gowin got hurt, but proved to never be that good anyway after he left. Rivera has been hurt as well and I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for him to play pretty good next season...if he's healthy. Young was playing well until he got injured and had to retire.

The other FA's like Anthony Thomas, Vinny, etc. were just one year deals. Not much was expected from them and they didn't get much in return.

Other than that, Parcells has gotten some good play from Bledsoe, Anderson, Keyshawn, Terry Glenn, Campbell, Ferguson, Singleton, Henry, Aaron Glenn, etc.

The important thing is that none of these FA's have truly crippled them or put a big dent in the salary cap. And outside of Wiley and the 1 year deal guys, injuries had a lot to do with their disappointing production.

Rich........

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
The only guys that have failed really bad for Bill were Gowin, Ryan Young, Wiley, Mitchell, and Rivera.

I agree with this list of names except Rivera. If it weren't for his 2 injuries I think he play very good. Just because Rivera didn't make the Pro Bowl does not make him a FA bust.