Free Agency News

Robster8989

Reaction score
Pollard was their best or second best player on the team. They tagged him so they wouldn’t lose him. To my knowledge they can still sign him to a favorable deal but I’d rather he tag. Thought tagging him was smart.
I tend to agree.
We had 2 playmakers on Offense last season, CD and TP.
He's more than just a running back IMO and we needed him back.
Now, I hope MM uses him better than Moore did.
Not bashing Moore, just feel Pollard could be utilized more as a weapon all over the field, and generally, he was not under Moore, who preferred longer, come back routes.
Still think we could work out a longer term deal and lower his cap hit this year, but the Tag can hold him in place for now.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I tend to agree.
We had 2 playmakers on Offense last season, CD and TP.
He's more than just a running back IMO and we needed him back.
Now, I hope MM uses him better than Moore did.
Not bashing Moore, just feel Pollard could be utilized more as a weapon all over the field, and generally, he was not under Moore, who preferred longer, come back routes.
Still think we could work out a longer term deal and lower his cap hit this year, but the Tag can hold him in place for now.
I agree. It’s a little steep but you can get away with overpaying a guy here or there. The problem comes when the whole team is overpaid and then issues arise.

And I don’t know what Moore’s deal was. Part of me felt like it wasn’t totally just him because I can’t imagine a head coach allowing his OC to hurt his team but it’s Dallas so who knows. I really hope they don’t regress.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard was their best or second best player on the team. They tagged him so they wouldn’t lose him. To my knowledge they can still sign him to a favorable deal but I’d rather he tag. Thought tagging him was smart.
Sounds like we disagree then.

visionary

Reaction score
You thought wrong as usual :facepalm:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Live shot from Green Bay:

munchkin-wizard-of-oz.gif