Free Agency News

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'd have taken a shot on him. He's young, he's fast, and he has had one very productive season. Seemed like a low risk, high reward type of signing.
Chark was one of my favorites this free agent season. I don't mind, though, that we traded a late-round pick for Cooks instead. Cooks has proven over and over again that he's a highly productive receiver. Chark has only had the one 1,000-yard year for whatever reason. Plus, we get Cooks for two years while Chark signed for one. Age could be a factor, but Cooks really hasn't shown that he's slowing down.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Chark was one of my favorites this free agent season. I don't mind, though, that we traded a late-round pick for Cooks instead. Cooks has proven over and over again that he's a highly productive receiver. Chark has only had the one 1,000-yard year for whatever reason. Plus, we get Cooks for two years while Chark signed for one. Age could be a factor, but Cooks really hasn't shown that he's slowing down.

For sure, I'm much happier with Cooks. I'd have taken a shot on Chark in addition or as a fall back plan, if we didn't get Cooks or Hopkins. OBJ can suck it. So glad I don't have to pretend to support that Giant trash.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
For sure, I'm much happier with Cooks. I'd have taken a shot on Chark in addition or as a fall back plan, if we didn't get Cooks or Hopkins. OBJ can suck it. So glad I don't have to pretend to support that Giant trash.
Was very wary of OBJ, and a little wary of Hopkins because of injuries. I know that Cooks has had multiple concussions and his own injuries, but Hopkins seems to be getting more chronic.

Hopkins has suffered at least fifteen recorded injuries in his nine-year NFL career, ranging from cranial head concussion to hand-wrist ligament tear, and even the much-dreaded knee MCL tear grade 3. Hopkins' most protracted injury was a torn MCL in the Arizona Cardinals' loss to the Los Angeles Rams in the 2021 NFL season. He missed the rest of the regular season.

These numerous injuries have sapped the elite wideout of some of his trademark speed, which might be why the Cardinals aren't reluctant to let him go.

Cooks has only had a couple of strains/pulls the last few years and his last concussion was in 2019. Other than that, his injury history only shows a broken thumb in 2015.

CWR

Reaction score
Was very wary of OBJ, and a little wary of Hopkins because of injuries. I know that Cooks has had multiple concussions and his own injuries, but Hopkins seems to be getting more chronic.

Hopkins has suffered at least fifteen recorded injuries in his nine-year NFL career, ranging from cranial head concussion to hand-wrist ligament tear, and even the much-dreaded knee MCL tear grade 3. Hopkins' most protracted injury was a torn MCL in the Arizona Cardinals' loss to the Los Angeles Rams in the 2021 NFL season. He missed the rest of the regular season.

These numerous injuries have sapped the elite wideout of some of his trademark speed, which might be why the Cardinals aren't reluctant to let him go.

Cooks has only had a couple of strains/pulls the last few years and his last concussion was in 2019. Other than that, his injury history only shows a broken thumb in 2015.

Very good point. Cooks has been under rated his entire career. It's crazy because if you go back to 2016 or so he is amongst the very best in the game, and with no real fanfare.

jnday

Reaction score
The problem with Cooks is his production seems to be replaceable, or at least it seems to be replaceable for all of the former teams that he has been a part of. With his level of production, you would think that teams would hold on to him once he was on their roster.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Just jumped into this thread and didn't want to read through all 44 pages so my apologies if already been posted, but mark Mecole Hardman off the list,,, he gone.