Free Agency News

Jipper

Reaction score
It wasn’t that either, it was the negotiation.
they didnt see 20M in his contract on the cap and they needed to dump it - it took a lower pick to get someone to pick up the whole nut. If we would have been willing to eat a chunk of it i bet we could have gotten a higher pick

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
they didnt see 20M in his contract on the cap and they needed to dump it - it took a lower pick to get someone to pick up the whole nut. If we would have been willing to eat a chunk of it i bet we could have gotten a higher pick

Do you actually believe that though?

Jipper

Reaction score
Do you actually believe that though?
Yup, do you actually not?

Reality is he wasn't worth his salary and they wanted to offload him. If you want to make the argument that there were culture fit problems then that's fine but again it diminishes what dallas thought he was worth being paid.

68 catches and 865 yards is not a 20m dollar player and add in that ceedee was waiting in the wings as a much cheaper number 1 and I get the logic.

The problem was they had a crappy plan to offset his departure and got burned by it

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Yup, do you actually not?

Reality is he wasn't worth his salary and they wanted to offload him. If you want to make the argument that there were culture fit problems then that's fine but again it diminishes what dallas thought he was worth being paid.

Do you have any idea how much better Amari Cooper was than Deandre Hopkins last year?

fivetwos

Reaction score

This is what I thought his value was and would have waited.

I think Hopkins is better than Cooks, but I’m not gonna pretend that I know firsthand what was actually true as far as asking price, etc.

It sure sounded, based on Slaters report, that the tie was generated all on Hopkins’ end.

Hey, maybe add him too. Nothing wrong there. They can do it financially if they so choose.

Xavier187

Reaction score
I would offer J. LEWIS N. GALLIMORE and a 5th this year and next. For D. HOP.
See where the Cards wanna play this.
This would leave us with the ultimate rotation of WRs. Gallup could then be traded at the deadline or released at the end of the season.
I would really look into acquiring a early 2nd round pick to try and nab a OG or Mazi Smith

NotForLong

Reaction score
This would leave us with the ultimate rotation of WRs. Gallup could then be traded at the deadline or released at the end of the season.
I would really look into acquiring a early 2nd round pick to try and nab a OG or Mazi Smith
Trying to blow the team up already? . . . It hasn't evenvan been a week yet

Carson

Reaction score
Nobody wants our scraps man