Free Agent DB's

jbsg02

Reaction score
it listed dallas as a good fit for charles woodson and will allen?

Hiero

Reaction score
id rather get hope, chavous is a bit old. i think the fs from the ravens may be a FA will demps.

Ceasaleo88

Reaction score
I'd like 2 see us go after one of these 3 guys for FS: Chris Hope, Will Demps, or Ryan Clark. I think any of those guys is an upgrade ova our current situation. I do want Keith Davis back as a Special Teams Demon tho.

DBoys

Reaction score
Hiero said:
id rather get hope, chavous is a bit old. i think the fs from the ravens may be a FA will demps.

Yeah he is both of them are UFA. How much do you think we could get one of them for?

wileedog

Reaction score
Hiero said:

Chavous is getting up there but has a good reputation as an intelligent player and good mentor for younger guys.

Considering the bone-headed safety play we have had of late, I could live with signing a 30 year old if he brings back some of the leadership and smarts we lost with Woody back there. He'd be a great guy for Davis and Berriult to learn from too.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
jbsg02 said:
it listed dallas as a good fit for charles woodson and will allen?

Huh?

I think our top DB priority should be signing Glenn to an extension.

Reaction score
Why not land BUF Pro Bowl CB Nate Clements and move Anthony Henry to FS? Clements is still only 26, has nice speed, and he's 6'0", 209 so he can cover big receivers. A Newman-Clements CB combo could be productive for years to come due to their relative youth. Henry would be a nice fit at FS because of his decent speed and coverage skills. It'd be like having 3 CB's (incl. Newman) with nice coverage skills roaming the secondary.

NinePointOh

Reaction score
Too much of it depends on who gets re-signed. Only a handful of the guys on the list will actually become free agents. However, of those listed, my wishlist is:

1. Chris Hope
2. Corey Chavous
3. Dexter Jackson
4. Will Demps

The list gets thin after that. If we're looking at someone like Marquand Manuel, we're definitely better off looking in the draft.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
clements is not that good. i live near buffalo, see all their games. he just doesnt seem better than anything we have at CB.

the guy i like is ricky manning as the nickel corner. thats 3 CBS that can be with us for a long time, plus glenn for another year as some added insurance

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelHuffForFreeSafety said:
Why not land BUF Pro Bowl CB Nate Clements and move Anthony Henry to FS? Clements is still only 26, has nice speed, and he's 6'0", 209 so he can cover big receivers. A Newman-Clements CB combo could be productive for years to come due to their relative youth. Henry would be a nice fit at FS because of his decent speed and coverage skills. It'd be like having 3 CB's (incl. Newman) with nice coverage skills roaming the secondary.

Henry makes too much money to play FS, that would be too much money tied up in the secondary

we don't need a great FS, just someone who can hold down their responsibilities and recognize pass-plays

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Hmm, got after a free agent CB -- one of the most expensive FA positions so that you can move another expensive free agent CB to safety.

Somehow I think you missed the cap management 101 course.

neosapien23

Reaction score

Buffalo will frachise Clements.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I wonder if BP is going to go after a FS in the draft or FA. I think we have a shot in the draft, as there are several in the draft we could have a shot at.

I guess it will depend on what he decides to do with the OLine. I'm just wondering where he puts the big bucks.