Free agent kickers

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Anyone heard when Bailey may be back? This is a big blow to have the best kicker in the league and for him to get hurt. I looked up possible free agent kickers and found this:
Wil Lutz ERFA
Michael Palardy ERFA
Zach Hocker UFA​
Only Hocker is an unrestricted free agent. This list (http://www.fftoday.com/nfl/freeagents.php?o=1&PosID=80) is also current as of August 15 2017, so it could be dated. I googled and could not find any evidence of Hocker having been signed. The other two on the list are exclusive rights free agents, making them possible to sign, but more complicated.

Of course, I would much prefer for Bailey to get healthy and be back, but if he's not, a free agent would likely serve the team better than Heath can, granted I respect what he did against the 9ers.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Anyone heard when Bailey may be back? This is a big blow to have the best kicker in the league and for him to get hurt. I looked up possible free agent kickers and found this:
Wil Lutz ERFA
Michael Palardy ERFA
Zach Hocker UFA​
Only Hocker is an unrestricted free agent. This list (http://www.fftoday.com/nfl/freeagents.php?o=1&PosID=80) is also current as of August 15 2017, so it could be dated. I googled and could not find any evidence of Hocker having been signed. The other two on the list are exclusive rights free agents, making them possible to sign, but more complicated.

Of course, I would much prefer for Bailey to get healthy and be back, but if he's not, a free agent would likely serve the team better than Heath can, granted I respect what he did against the 9ers.

How can anyone be anything other than a UFA in season? They are either on a team or not.

jrumann59

Reaction score
available kickers with season experience

Lambo
Novak
Carpenter
Aguayo
Coons
Nugent

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
How can anyone be anything other than a UFA in season? They are either on a team or not.

I looked it up and got this info about an ERFA:
EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENT (ERFA): A player whose contract has expired and has three or fewer tenured years in the league. His original team must make a contract offer by the league imposed deadline or the player becomes an unrestricted free agent. No compensation is awarded for losing EFAs.
source: http://www.steelergridiron.com/information/freeagents_definitions.html

jrumann59

Reaction score
I looked it up and got this info about an ERFA:
EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENT (ERFA): A player whose contract has expired and has three or fewer tenured years in the league. His original team must make a contract offer by the league imposed deadline or the player becomes an unrestricted free agent. No compensation is awarded for losing EFAs.
source: http://www.steelergridiron.com/information/freeagents_definitions.html
I understand but once the season starts if he did not get a contract offer then he would be UFA. I have never seen anything other than UFA during the season with the exception of someone sitting out due to Franchise tag.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I understand but once the season starts if he did not get a contract offer then he would be UFA. I have never seen anything other than UFA during the season with the exception of someone sitting out due to Franchise tag.

That list is from Aug 15th, so maybe those ERFAs became UFAs if they weren't signed.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Wil Lutz ERFA
Michael Palardy ERFA
Zach Hocker UFA​

Lutz is kicking for the Saints.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
available kickers with season experience

Lambo
Novak
Carpenter
Aguayo
Coons
Nugent

Novak is kicking for the Chargers. Those other guys are available for a reason.

I'd be fine with bringing back the kid we had at camp, Sam Irwin-Hill.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Wil Lutz ERFA
Michael Palardy ERFA
Zach Hocker UFA​

Lutz kicks for New Orleans

jrumann59

Reaction score
Novak is kicking for the Chargers. Those other guys are available for a reason.

I'd be fine with bringing back the kid we had at camp, Sam Irwin-Hill.
most kickers available in season are available for a reason. If all that is needed is a2 game fill in you get what you can get and hope you do not need to kick any "crucial" FGs.

John813

Reaction score
Carpenter, last I saw, still has power. Problem with him is accuracy at times.

Was great for Miami, then had a bad spell and got cut. Bounced around, landed in Buffalo for 3 years. Beat the Fins in 13, and then blew the game against the Fins last year, blowing the Bills slim PO chances and probably sealed his fate being employed there.