Twitter: Free Agent LB Joe Thomas Visiting Cowboys

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Well he’s the first LB we’ve brought in so that should tell you something.

Don’t be surprised when this guy is the only LB we sign and we are told we’ll find a bunch in the draft.

Yall should make a bet on if it turns out like this.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I was yes. But now just like the rest of you my couch.

We know enough to know if a guy is average for several years, he’s average.

We need guys like Thomas. He’s a good addition to replace Wilber etc.

Just feel we need to address more pressing needs then depth guys right now
If the money is low then why care when we sign a guy. If we see him as a replacement then go get him. There shouldn't be a time lock when we can sign a certain guy that's just silly

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Well he’s the first LB we’ve brought in so that should tell you something.

Don’t be surprised when this guy is the only LB we sign and we are told we’ll find a bunch in the draft.

I have no doubt they will draft 2 or 3 LBers. Most of the free agent visits are offense guys so it tells me they are looking to go heavy defense in the draft. LB will be like DB was last year just maybe not as early.

Carson

Reaction score
He's still in his physical prime at age 26. Was there an injury or something or you just doomsaying before you know anything at all?

Thomas totaled 14 tackles and a half sack over 12 games with the Packers in 2017.

Thomas played the most snaps of any Packers inside linebacker in 2016, but he played a reduced role this past season -- 528 defensive snaps fewer, to be exact -- due to injuries and the emergence of fellow middle linebacker Blake Martinez.

Pretty alarming to play that much in 2016 to that little in 2017.

Like I said earlier, great pickup to replace Wilber. We need depth there with only having Lee, Smith and Wilson.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Blake Martinez came on very strong for GB last year and led the entire NFL in tackles.

The fact that he bumped Joe Thomas out of the starting lineup and that Thomas couldn't get on the field and had such a drop in production vs 2016 is not a shock.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Thomas totaled 14 tackles and a half sack over 12 games with the Packers in 2017.

Thomas played the most snaps of any Packers inside linebacker in 2016, but he played a reduced role this past season -- 528 defensive snaps fewer, to be exact -- due to injuries and the emergence of fellow middle linebacker Blake Martinez.

Pretty alarming to play that much in 2016 to that little in 2017.

Like I said earlier, great pickup to replace Wilber. We need depth there with only having Lee, Smith and Wilson.

Not really. He was playing that much because of injury as was pointed out. Still don't see a justification for saying a 26 year old regressed.