Free agent QB market next season

Irv88

Reaction score
That is a sad little group. Not easy to find filet mignon in a dumpster.

Very happy that we got Dak and his perfect rating against the eagles zone defense last week and his elite record against the NFC East.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
How many of those could we afford. I like Dalton does he still want to be a starter. Is there a prudy in a small school somewhere

JayFord

Reaction score
if Rush leaves you go after Teddy Bridgewater

You need him for 5 games he can win all 5 or at worst go 3-2

plymkr

Reaction score
Personally I'd like to draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round and groom him for possible QB1 or trade bait.

If Dak goes down we're pretty much screwed so I'd at least want a guy in there getting reps that could benefit us in 2-4 years, possibly, if Dak gets let go if his play declines.

What I'm saying is when Dak went down in 2020 we could have played GG and groomed him for the future but instead we played Dalton and lost anyway. Then Dalton signs with the Bears. If we're going to lose games I'd rather lose getting young talent experience that will benefit our team. Playing Dalton just wasted the season IMO.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Personally I'd like to draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round and groom him for possible QB1 or trade bait.

If Dak goes down we're pretty much screwed so I'd at least want a guy in there getting reps that could benefit us in 2-4 years, possibly, if Dak gets let go if his play declines.

What I'm saying is when Dak went down in 2020 we could have played GG and groomed him for the future but instead we played Dalton and lost anyway. Then Dalton signs with the Bears. If we're going to lose games I'd rather lose getting young talent experience that will benefit our team. Playing Dalton just wasted the season IMO.

Didn’t Cooper Rush prove that if Dak goes down that the team is not pretty much screwed?

plymkr

Reaction score
Didn’t Cooper Rush prove that if Dak goes down that the team is not pretty much screwed?
Yeah, but I thought this thread was finding Rush's replacement. Maybe I read the OP wrong. But yes Rush can carry the ship in Dak's absence and he got valuable reps. My first wish is he'd resign. My 2nd wish would be do what I said earlier if Ruah isn't here.

joseephuss

Reaction score

In 2020 Garrett Gilbert was 29 years old. He was drafted in 2014 and attempted only 6 passes prior to joining Dallas in 2020. That isn't young and it is questionable if it was talent.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Find a way to keep Rush. He fits well with Dak. Its hard enuff to find a starter, but even harder to find a guy that still gives you a chance to win in case the starter gets hurt. Sign Rush. Just get it done.