Free Agent Safeties Available

droopdog7

Reaction score
I'm sure they're scanning the free agents at all times. Unlikely to find an upgrade on the street.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Going after Adams and thinking we have a shot to talking about guys on the street being the answer is kind of like your date saying they're taking you to the nicest steakhouse in town, but they drive you to Sizzler and damn if it ain't busy and why is everybody so old.

revospeed

Reaction score
Heath doesn't need to play starting player snaps. Divvy up his role between Thompson and Wilson.

Beaker42

Reaction score
If 32 teams won’t let him tryout for their 4th or 5th safety spot, he’s probably shot.

is Heath Great? No. Is he a top 100 safety? Probably. McDonald is not
Top 100 LOL. There are only 32 teams. That’s like saying he’s one of the shortest midgets.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I keep hearing that and it’s old. You’re right - Heath isn’t bad. He’s REALLY BAD.
He's got speed...ask Derek Carr. I think his biggest problem is mental, not physical. He reads the angles poorly and often hesitates. I think he often plays scared of screwing up.

But if he's still the starter, it doesn't say much about the safeties behind him.

Let's be honest, this team hasn't had a quality Safety since Woody retired. S gets ignored year in and year out. I don't think Adams was worth more than one 1st round pick, but still...there were other options out there.

Praxit

Reaction score
...didnt Wilson the rookie do well in pre-season? I thought he did. Give him a chance.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The fact the FO went hard after Adams is basically an admission that S is a huge need and is holding this defense back from reaching its potential. The whole “we like our guys” line is exactly that— a line.