Free agent WRs update

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Not much left .....at all
Other options, trade or wait for training camp/preseason cuts

Wide receivers

Player 2018 team 2019 team
Golden Tate Eagles Giants (4 years, $37.5M)
Adam Humphries Buccaneers Titans (4 years, $36M)
Devin Funchess Panthers Colts (1 year)
Tyrell Williams Chargers Raiders
Donte Moncrief Jaguars Steelers (2 years)
Jamison Crowder Commanders Jets (3 years, $28.5M)
Randall Cobb Packers TBD
John Brown Ravens Bills (3 years, $27M)
Cole Beasley Cowboys Bills (4 years, $29M)
Chris Conley Chiefs Jaguars
Jordy Nelson Raiders TBD
Chris Hogan Patriots TBD
Phillip Dorsett Patriots Patriots (1 year)
Jordan Matthews Eagles 49ers (1 year)
Michael Crabtree Ravens TBD
Danny Amendola Dolphins Lions (1 year, $4.5M)
Dontrelle Inman Colts TBD
Mike Wallace Eagles TBD
Cordarrelle Patterson Patriots Bears
Aldrick Robinson Vikings TBD
Ryan Grant Colts TBD
Bruce Ellington Lions Patriots (1 year)
Rishard Matthews Titans TBD
Jermaine Kearse Jets TBD
J.J. Nelson Cardinals Raiders
Demaryius Thomas Texans TBD
Tavon Austin Cowboys Cowboys
Maurice Harris Commanders Patriots (1 year)
Kelvin Benjamin Chiefs TBD
De’Anthony Thomas Chiefs TBD
Cody Latimer Giants Giants
Justin Hardy Falcons TBD
Russell Shepard Giants TBD
Kevin White Bears Cardinals
Michael Floyd Commanders TBD
Josh Bellamy Bears Jets (2 years, $7M)
Breshad Perriman Browns Buccaneers (1 year, $4M)
Andre Roberts Jets Bills

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So nothing earth shattering, but yet our fans will find a way to complain. :lmao2:

I don't see anything that will tip the balance. Even with Brown to the Raiders and Beckham to the Browns, nothing that helps the Eagles, Commanders or Giants.
Matter of fact Giants get weaker, which is good for us, and even the Steelers get weaker IMO.

We lose Beasley but keep Austin. I think this is a wash at this point. Will be seen if better or not.

blueblood70

Reaction score
not sure about the crying or concern.. this is not a pass happy Offense, not many targets to go around and we do have a Gallup and Amari that will take most of the snaps, TEs will get the short yardage move the chain stuff to replace beasly and we have Brown Wilson and Tavon to round out the core..seriously this was and still is the last postion on the team to worry about..IMO to Keep Tavon healthy he shoud be used ONLY for returns all years, hes a weapon there and we have had nothing on ST at all.. bease gone frees up TA role there and whomever plays 4th-6thWR wont see much time anyway..

the draft hasn't changed priority's DL, TE, and Safety..WR is not in the rear view mirror as priority..

blueblood70

Reaction score
So nothing earth shattering, but yet our fans will find a way to complain. :lmao2:

I don't see anything that will tip the balance. Even with Brown to the Raiders and Beckham to the Browns, nothing that helps the Eagles, Commanders or Giants.
Matter of fact Giants get weaker, which is good for us, and even the Steelers get weaker IMO.

We lose Beasley but keep Austin. I think this is a wash at this point. Will be seen if better or not.
exactly priority's one is beat the NFCEASt Washington and Giants look to be fighting for last..

its the eagles and Cowboys again this year and right now I see a fight for first its very close.. horse race coming down to last few games once again..most of the huge activity have been in the AFC anyway..the NFC has been weakened for the most part..

DRella

Reaction score
With Cooper,, Gallup, Austin, Hurns and Wilson we are not exactly short on WR. If we add Cobb to the list it gives us 6 viable options at WR. Which doesn't put a rush on the WR spot for draft this season. Of the 6 one of Hurns and Austin will be not with the team come season opener. We stash Wilson on IR or practice squad and we are set. This also doesn't take into account receivers such as Lenoir or D. Smith or R. Davis or N. Brown. I think we have enough depth at receiver especially when your top 3 hypothetically can be Cooper, Cobb, and Gallup.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
exactly priority's one is beat the NFCEASt Washington and Giants look to be fighting for last..

Yes, its the eagles and Cowboys again this year and right now I see a fight for first its very close.. horse race coming down to last few games once again..most of the huge activity have been in the AFC anyway..the NFC has been weakened for the most part..

Agree, it will be a tight race between us and the Eagles. But don't be surprised the Giants and Commanders play a part as spoiler. Hopefully by beating the Eagles.

Swanny

Reaction score
Not much left .....at all
Other options, trade or wait for training camp/preseason cuts

Wide receivers

Player 2018 team 2019 team
Golden Tate Eagles Giants (4 years, $37.5M)
Adam Humphries Buccaneers Titans (4 years, $36M)
Devin Funchess Panthers Colts (1 year)
Tyrell Williams Chargers Raiders
Donte Moncrief Jaguars Steelers (2 years)
Jamison Crowder Commanders Jets (3 years, $28.5M)
Randall Cobb Packers TBD
John Brown Ravens Bills (3 years, $27M)
Cole Beasley Cowboys Bills (4 years, $29M)
Chris Conley Chiefs Jaguars
Jordy Nelson Raiders TBD
Chris Hogan Patriots TBD
Phillip Dorsett Patriots Patriots (1 year)
Jordan Matthews Eagles 49ers (1 year)
Michael Crabtree Ravens TBD
Danny Amendola Dolphins Lions (1 year, $4.5M)
Dontrelle Inman Colts TBD
Mike Wallace Eagles TBD
Cordarrelle Patterson Patriots Bears
Aldrick Robinson Vikings TBD
Ryan Grant Colts TBD
Bruce Ellington Lions Patriots (1 year)
Rishard Matthews Titans TBD
Jermaine Kearse Jets TBD
J.J. Nelson Cardinals Raiders
Demaryius Thomas Texans TBD
Tavon Austin Cowboys Cowboys
Maurice Harris Commanders Patriots (1 year)
Kelvin Benjamin Chiefs TBD
De’Anthony Thomas Chiefs TBD
Cody Latimer Giants Giants
Justin Hardy Falcons TBD
Russell Shepard Giants TBD
Kevin White Bears Cardinals
Michael Floyd Commanders TBD
Josh Bellamy Bears Jets (2 years, $7M)
Breshad Perriman Browns Buccaneers (1 year, $4M)
Andre Roberts Jets Bills
Give me Hogan

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
With Cooper,, Gallup, Austin, Hurns and Wilson we are not exactly short on WR. If we add Cobb to the list it gives us 6 viable options at WR. Which doesn't put a rush on the WR spot for draft this season. Of the 6 one of Hurns and Austin will be not with the team come season opener. We stash Wilson on IR or practice squad and we are set. This also doesn't take into account receivers such as Lenoir or D. Smith or R. Davis or N. Brown. I think we have enough depth at receiver especially when your top 3 hypothetically can be Cooper, Cobb, and Gallup.

Yah... we have a glut of young guys we need to find out about. If we sign Cobb and have Austin... I don’t think we should hang onto Hurns.

We need to figure out what we have with Brown and Wilson— and I’d rather see them get Hurns’ snaps tbh

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
There is an article on The Athletic written by Bob Sturm about Michael Gallup that posted yesterday. What I enjoy about that periodical is they put in video to support their contentions about players, coaches and such. The article is very long as Bob breaks down Gallup's season with lots of video.

Unfortunately it would be inappropriate to post the article here.

But Sturm goes into detail on the deep pass to Gallup and why they failed at times.

I didn't believe this was worthy of a thread to essentially advertise for an online sports paper, but I have been really enjoying their work with the Mavericks and now the Cowboys.

There is also an article on Connor Williams that is very positive.

Bob suggests Dak is not the bane so many here believe. He has video on that as well.

Gallup excites me this next season. If FredBeard can come back and be what he was and Connor Williams can gain strength and be a stud, Gallup may be the biggest surprise of the season.

Just a head's up.