Recommended Free Agents available as of 17March2014

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like him a lot as well and I agree the club is intrigued by his size, speed and attitude. He's just not ready for prime time. Of course neither is Wilcox.

If they think between Johnson, Wilcox and Heath they can get a player then great. I'd look at signing a vet to teach the guys how to play.

I thought the Cowboys might look at the Bear safety that is a free agent.

yentl911

Reaction score
I like him a lot as well and I agree the club is intrigued by his size, speed and attitude. He's just not ready for prime time. Of course neither is Wilcox.

If they think between Johnson, Wilcox and Heath they can get a player then great. I'd look at signing a vet to teach the guys how to play.

I agree - one of these kids will separate from the rest this camp and show something. I think Wilcox has the most upside but Heath can be an intelligent steady player once he gets rid of the deer in the headlights look off his face......he was thrown into the fire far too early for everyone to say he is a scrub IMO.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wright? Don't see anywhere that has been signed.

Yes, Major Wright. He is on the list of available free agents.

I really don't know how good he is, but coaches installing a new system often like to have some of their previous players.

He was a reasonable starter for a top 5 defense in 2012. He is only 25. I'm sure he is leaps and bounds better than Will Allen.

Pre Draft:
Height: 5114
Weight: 206
40 Yrd Dash: 4.44
20 Yrd Dash: 2.51
10 Yrd Dash: 1.53
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 14
Vertical Jump: 37 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'11"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.36
3-Cone Drill: 6.95

cowboys1981

Reaction score
I'll take
DE Jared Allen WDE
DT Kevin Williams 1T- rotation

Draft
DT Aaron Donald 3T
DE Scott Crichton SDE

With these guys we improve in a big way from a year ago.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I thought the Cowboys might look at the Bear safety that is a free agent.

Theyre probably looking at every possibility out there. My guess is they'd like to pick up a guy who gets cut in TC but is still able to help out. I'd love Champ Bailey.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I agree - one of these kids will separate from the rest this camp and show something. I think Wilcox has the most upside but Heath can be an intelligent steady player once he gets rid of the deer in the headlights look off his face......he was thrown into the fire far too early for everyone to say he is a scrub IMO.

Couldn't agree more. He's actually faster than Wilcox I think although I'm not convinced of that. I'd still like a vet to go back there and bring Wilcox, Johnson and Heath along slowly.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
A lot of 1st round draft picks still hanging out there. Of course, most of these guys will sign with their old teams as things settle down.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I thought they would have had more mid level free agents in for visits.

Well, they're either waiting on the right guy or going with the current crowd until a better solution comes along. My guess is they will go with this group and if they don't like what they see in TC they will try and pickup a vet who gets released. You just need someone with experience back there who can make all the calls and keep the guys lined up and all on the same page. If he's better than average then yahoo. That's a bit simple cause you really need a centerfielder.

rwill784

Reaction score
Why haven't we looked at jerry? Dude was a 1st round pick at one point atl defense took a dive last year but I'd look at him.

Jerry
Wooton
Ayers
Carrington
Phillips
Kevin Williams
Decoud
William Moore
Will Smith
Lance moore

Phluck allen and Melton if they ain't signing then we need to go the Seahawks route and grab a bunch of decent guys and rotate them simple as that.