Free agents

AbeBeta

Reaction score
nyc;1303452 said:
Freeney OLB opposite Ware if you can't get Thomas

Dude. It might be time to check into rehab. Freeney is an elite player. Those guys don't move.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
LatinMind;1303461 said:
me im not into signing a couple of big names, but rather a few established guys and maybe 1 star

list of guys from each posistion BOLD would be my wish list

FS
KEN HAMLIN SEA
quintin mikell philly
mark roman niners
cameron worell bears

CB
ASANTE SAMUEL PATS
phillip buchanon tex
roderick hood philly
tory james bengals

DE
if this team gets a coach who goes 4-3
antwan peek tex
JARED ALLEN KC
bryan thomas jets

LB
if this team stays 3-4
DONNIE EDWARDS SD
randall godfrey sd

G
LEONARD DAVIS ARZ
vince manuwai JAX
derrick dockery skins
toniu fonoti fins

T
JORDAN BLACK KC
max starks steelers
sean locklear sea

WR
PATRICK CRAYTON DAL
MALCOM FLOYD SD
kevin walter rams
ernest wilford jax

Hamlin is a turd. Samuel is not an upgrade. Allen is an RFA. Edwards does not appear on some FA lists - he may be signed longer than you think. Davis has never been very good. Black is going to get big time OT money.

But the kicker here is that Floyd is an Exclusive rights free agent. He can't negotiate with anyone but the Chargers!

But I will give it to you -- we will sign at least one guy off that list -- Crayton.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I would like to see us address the secondary .......man, I love Roy but he may have to go somewhere.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
abersonc;1303481 said:
Hamlin is a turd. Samuel is not an upgrade. Allen is an RFA. Edwards does not appear on some FA lists - he may be signed longer than you think. Davis has never been very good. Black is going to get big time OT money.

But the kicker here is that Floys is an Exclusive rights free agent. He can't negotiate with anyone but the Chargers!

But I will give it to you -- we will sign at least one guy off that list -- Crayton.

edwards isnt a Fa, but the chargers have let him know this will be his last yr in sd. samuel isnt a upgrade? ur on crack. who said black will be big money? u?

u can probably get most of them FA's and have money to spare then get deilman and thomas. spending half your cap room on 2 players is the stupidest thing this team can do.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1303249 said:
you're a smart man, but I think we could sqeeze 3, they're in bold

Adalius Thomas LB
Eric Steinbach OG
Deon Grant FS
Lance Briggs LB
Mike Gandy OG
Kris Diehman OG

I am down with that group!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
LatinMind;1303528 said:
asante samuel numbers
65 tackles 10 int 24 pass def
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6456
anthony henry
81 tackles 2 int 21 pass def
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5545

and the only reason henry has more tackles is because he was owned in every game by the opposing wr.

hahaha, samuel not a upgrade

Yeah, Henry's has a 10 int season as well. Figure into that that we'd now be paying 3 guys top CB money and it is not an upgrade at all. 1 good season from Samuel doesn't make him an upgrade.

Saying Henry was owned in every game makes it clear that you don't actually watch the games.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
LatinMind;1303509 said:
edwards isnt a Fa, but the chargers have let him know this will be his last yr in sd. samuel isnt a upgrade? ur on crack. who said black will be big money? u?

u can probably get most of them FA's and have money to spare then get deilman and thomas. spending half your cap room on 2 players is the stupidest thing this team can do.

The Chargers let Edwards know that when? Before he gave them another outstanding season. He very well might stay put.

Black has been the starter on an outstanding OL for a few years now. He's played both RT and LT. He isnt' the secret you think he is.

How about your great suggestion for bringing in Malcom Floyd -- could you expand on that?

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
abersonc;1303481 said:

But the kicker here is that Floyd is an Exclusive rights free agent. He can't negotiate with anyone but the Chargers!

I'm going to laugh at the team that gives Black big time OT money.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Freeny OWNED Black all game. NoT that impressed. If we are going to get a guard, let it be Steinbach. THOMAS to play opposite of Ware and give all teams nightmares. This thing about moving the Hotel inside is interesting-but will it work?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
junk;1304133 said:
I'm going to laugh at the team that gives Black big time OT money.

Oh I don't think he's great -- but he's going to get a deal like Flo did.