Free Safety issue

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
Allright

We have heard it all, in the last couple weeks especially, about how horrific our free safety play has been.

It should be known first off, that i am not disagreeing, b/c it has been atrocious.

However, what i sometimes forget, and i think most have forgotten, is that since he has been put back in the lineup, we really haven't seen much of Pat Watkins.

Most of the deep routes seem to be happening when Davis is back there, whether or not the opposing teams are seeing Davis and wanting to throw deep i don't know. But i haven't seen a deep pass against Watkins since the first Giants game.

My point is that we have no idea whether or not he has improved on locating and playing on the ball, or what has happened with him since being benched.

Is there a chance he still has all the same issues he had early, absolutely.

Is there a chance that he has fixed his problem and could show his potential to be our future at FS? Also a possibility.

Bottom line is i hope to see Watkins starting vs Atlanta, and i probably live with Parrish starting at FS depending on how he looks in practice this week.

I really do not want to see Davis back there EVER.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
you know this FS problem we have? its been a problem for like 3 years, and every offseason it gets overlooked. dont ask me why

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I got a great idea! Lets resign Deion Sanders to play free safety! :p: ;)

Reaction score
Keith Davis shouldn't be on the team in my opinion and I can't believe they gave him the money this offseason... Roy Williams couldn't cover a murder trail...

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
draft a corner or sign one in FA and move Henry to FS.