Friday......

1fisher

Reaction score
Friday can't get here soon enough for me.........It's been a long hot summer already and I'm ready for some football.

Of course my wife is not ready...she's tired of football after about the second week... Here's the line up:

Thursday night = ESPN college football
Friday night = Gotta go see my old High School team
Saturday = College football (all day and most of Saturday night)
Sunday = COWBOYS!!!!!!!
Monday = Monday night football

Tuesday and Wednesday = stretched out on couch with an ice pack on my head from constantly getting smacked for not being productive!!!!

Man, I love football season!

Mike 1967

Reaction score
1fisher said:
Friday can't get here soon enough for me.........It's been a long hot summer already and I'm ready for some football.

Of course my wife is not ready...she's tired of football after about the second week... Here's the line up:

Thursday night = ESPN college football
Friday night = Gotta go see my old High School team
Saturday = College football (all day and most of Saturday night)
Sunday = COWBOYS!!!!!!!
Monday = Monday night football

Tuesday and Wednesday = stretched out on couch with an ice pack on my head from constantly getting smacked for not being productive!!!!

Man, I love football season!

I hear ya man.

I didn't know what productivity was before I got married.

Prior to marriage I did not know the difference between a phillips and flat head screw driver....and had never even changed oil on a car. But I could put down a sixpack and handle a remote better than most.

Just last week I changed a timing belt and water pump. And the week before that I was laying tile.

Yesterday I was putting up wallboard in the bathroom.

*sigh*

Hoov

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
I hear ya man.

Prior to marriage I did not know the difference between a phillips and flat head screw driver....and had never even changed oil on a car. But I could put down a sixpack and handle a remote better than most.

Just last week I changed a timing belt and water pump. And the week before that I was laying tile.

*sigh*

Mike, you get one of those "rebath" tub/shower installed too ? Wondering if you redid the tub, figured you gutted the bathroom if you were hanging wallboard, or is it a new bathroom.

1fisher

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
I hear ya man.

*sigh*

I know where you are coming from...... I have single handedly re-modeled the inside of our house over the course of two years (minus football season).

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
It sucks even more when you have to re-du your house, plus go to school, and do fantasy footbla, and watch football, all because your dad is lazy.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
1fisher said:
I know where you are coming from...... I have single handedly re-modeled the inside of our house over the course of two years (minus football season).

All those projects and car work I've done has been on Wednesdays during the season, during the offseason (minus the draft), I have been doing everything during the weekends. That will change Friday... :clap:

1fisher

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
It sucks even more when you have to re-du your house, plus go to school, and do fantasy footbla, and watch football, all because your dad is lazy.

What grade are you in DK?

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Man,I've been waiting for this time of year to finally arrive.I've been checking out some of the various highlight videos and I'm getting real excited about the upcoming season.Come on Friday!!!

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
i'm going into my senior year, i think my dad is doing this so when i leave he sell this house, lazy busta

That's what my parents did. Remember to pick your college and apply early.
I would be a UF alumni if I did that.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
joshjwc9 said:
That's what my parents did. Remember to pick your college and apply early.
I would be a UF alumni if I did that.

I'm not worried i got Texas and Prarie View A&M, and UT at Austin on my list, and when the applications get restarted for the fall 2006 semester i will be applying

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Hoov said:
Mike, you get one of those "rebath" tub/shower installed too ? Wondering if you redid the tub, figured you gutted the bathroom if you were hanging wallboard, or is it a new bathroom.

Might as well be new :- )

My wife discovered some dampness on the outside of one of the walls. So we had a mold scare.

Job started out as a wall tear down and rebuild. Turned into:

(1) Complete retiled shower
(2) Completely tiled walls (they were not tiled before)
(3) Completely retiled tub surround
(4) Retiled floor
(5) Remove a door and some wall
(6) Had to replace some ceiling wall board
(7) Patch Shower plumbing
*(8) Oh...and I will be putting in a new toilet
**(9) And I'm sure I will end up having to replace the lighting and the sinks.

Never mind that I have never done any of this before....besides the floor tiling

Figure this will be about a 6 month project :confused:

Mike 1967

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:

LMAO !

My son is 11 years old....and I have him painting the inside of my 200 yard privacy fence. What can I say...it's hot in Texas this time of year :D

1fisher

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
I'm not worried i got Texas and Prarie View A&M, and UT at Austin on my list, and when the applications get restarted for the fall 2006 semester i will be applying

sports in your future?

Mike 1967

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
i'm going into my senior year, i think my dad is doing this so when i leave he sell this house, lazy busta

You'll thank him when you get married.

At least you will be somewhat prepared for the future that awaits you !! :eek:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
You'll thank him when you get married.

At least you will be somewhat prepared for the future that awaits you !! :eek:

What making kids do whatever I want them to because I'm tired from work, and I'm very lazy

1fisher

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
What making kids do whatever I want them to because I'm tired from work, and I'm very lazy

two words

Pear limb.......that'll make em' do what you want em' to do

Mike 1967

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:

No.....having the skill to perform those projects that your future wife has in store for you.

As far as your son goes.....I would expect that he would benefit from your Fathers treatment of you. The pendulum always swings back the other direction. And the farther it went in the first instance....the farther it will travel in the opposite direction in the other instance.

So...your kid will probably be the one that makes his son do all of the work in 30-50 years.

Just one vicious cycle :D

Eddie

Reaction score
Dk, I'm an engineer. The field sucks and the pay is lousy. All the best jobs are going overseas. Don't do it. You'll have 8-10 jobs by the time you retire ... and you'll be downsized or fired from half of them.

Think stability ... as in Math Teacher. :)

Anyway, I've already told my wife (of 8 months) NOT to bother me for 3 hours on Sunday.