Friday......

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Eddie said:
Dk, I'm an engineer. The field sucks and the pay is lousy. All the best jobs are going overseas. Don't do it. You'll have 8-10 jobs by the time you retire ... and you'll be downsized or fired from half of them.

Think stability ... as in Math Teacher. :)

Anyway, I've already told my wife (of 8 months) NOT to bother me for 3 hours on Sunday.

Every job is going overseas.

Best job is to be the guy that is selling the products and services that are being sold overseas.

Best bet....learn a foreign language.....preferably Chinese. :D

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Eddie said:
Dk, I'm an engineer. The field sucks and the pay is lousy. All the best jobs are going overseas. Don't do it. You'll have 8-10 jobs by the time you retire ... and you'll be downsized or fired from half of them.

Think stability ... as in Math Teacher. :)

Anyway, I've already told my wife (of 8 months) NOT to bother me for 3 hours on Sunday.

Sorry but from waht iv'e seend and read Eletrical Engineer's make on an average salry 60,000 dollars are year, so i woudnt consider that bad pay, since thats a starting pay.

Hoov

Reaction score
Nursing is the safest bet right now as far as job security. There is already a nationwide shortage for nurses and the baby boomers are going to be getting to the age where more and more of them need care so you can write your oen ticket with that profession. there giving bid sign on bonusses everywhere, my friend's wife is a traveling nurse. the agency pays their rent, utilities plus a fat salary. they spent winter in Nevada and my friend went snowboarding and skiing every other day at some of the greatest spots, they spent spring and summer in San Fran. They live for free and go whereever they want to.

Though nursing is a tough job, and they work short staffed a lot, still its definitely got job security and good pay.

But the most important thing is that you find something you enjoy and find satisfying, IMO.

Manster68

Reaction score
You know, the new contract I signed, it mandated a 24-7 operation. So I had to sacrifice my Friday night High School football here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I have to work Wednesdays through Saturdays at 12 hours each.

However, I got Sundays off for the regular season!!! You know, when it really counts?

1fisher

Reaction score
Manster68 said:
You know, the new contract I signed, it mandated a 24-7 operation. So I had to sacrifice my Friday night High School football here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I have to work Wednesdays through Saturdays at 12 hours each.

However, I got Sundays off for the regular season!!! You know, when it really counts?[/QUOTE

we just had our first child in April so it's going to be interesting to see how things unfold....I'll probably only miss some of the Friday night games.....however, I could tell the wife to go shopping and I'll take care of "the Kid". Should work out pretty good....

Mike 1967

Reaction score
1fisher said:
we just had our first child in April so it's going to be interesting to see how things unfold....I'll probably only miss some of the Friday night games.....however, I could tell the wife to go shopping and I'll take care of "the Kid". Should work out pretty good....

Sounds expensive ;)

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
It sucks even more when you have to re-du your house, plus go to school, and do fantasy footbla, and watch football, all because your dad is lazy.

It's not laziness young man......It's called intelligence and the art of delegation!