From Aaron Rodgers’ Mouth on Pat Mcafee show:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Waiting to be traded to NYJ, decided to be a Jet back on Friday, hold up is Packers are trying to fleece New York

JayFord

Reaction score
When your top 5 all time talent wise as a qb and you rarely have losing seasons you can shoot your mouth off because hey

he can put up 40 tds to only 5 interceptions and the jets havent had a legit threat at qb since i was a child

lkelly

Reaction score
Can't the Packers squat on him into the summer without exercising that big option? I guess Aaron wasn't going to be working out with his new team. He only does the bare required minimum.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
To fulfill his destiny, Aaron Rodgers will have to send some pics to Jenn Sterger and then replace the white Dak Prescott in Minnesota.

lkelly

Reaction score
When your top 5 all time talent wise as a qb and you rarely have losing seasons you can shoot your mouth off because hey

he can put up 40 tds to only 5 interceptions and the jets havent had a legit threat at qb since i was a child
His last 300 yard game was roughly 8 weeks after Zeke's last 100 yard rushing game back in 2021. Maybe he just chooses not to snap his fingers and turn it on. He's waiting for more adulation and attention.

JayFord

Reaction score
I want the owner to put mashed potatoes on his chest at the 50 yard line

actually...i kinda want to see Jerry do that, it would be comical

Rayman70

Reaction score
AR isnt doing anything wrong 1 bit. He hasn't hurt anyone. Meanwhile, the packers are the ones being greedy, not AR. The Jets are just showing good intentions and GB is making things harder than they need 2 be. AR doesn't owe us anything. The media has created this fake narrative because of certain things that I cant mention here. I hate that Dallas cant beat him..but I must respect the guy for his skills and his stances off the field..

John813

Reaction score
Packers cant get greedy. He can always retire
Article written last year*
If Rodgers were to walk away he would forfeit all his rights to the $59.465 million in guaranteed salary for next year*. In order to best accommodate the hit on the salary cap my assumption would be that the Packers and Rodgers would sign a new contract where the option bonus was eliminated and just a $1.165 salary remained. That would reduce Rodgers salary cap charge to $16,998,750 and they would carry him on the roster as a procedural move until June 2nd. At that point they would put him on the retired list. The salary cap charge in that case would be $15,833,570 in 2023 and $24,480,000 in 2024.

If they did not do that and processed the retirement right away they would take a salary cap hit of $40,313,570 in 2023 but none in 2024. The Packers have no cap space next year so it would seem more likely that they take the first approach.
Rodgers does not have a no trade clause in his contract so he could be traded to a team as well. The timing of the option should give the Packers all the way until the end of training camp to move him. The cap charge here would depend on when he was traded. If Rodgers were to be traded prior to June 1st the Packers would take on a $40,313,750 cap hit in 2023. If he was traded after June 1st it would be a $15,833,570 cap hit in 2023 with $24,480,000 due in 2024. This assumes that the Packers did not exercise the option before the trade. If the option is exercised then the trade number spikes to nearly $100 million. There should be no need to exercise the option until the last possible day.

For the team acquiring Rodgers they would be on the hook for the salary for the year. The cap charge would be $59,515,000 if they do not exercise his option and $15.79 million if they were to exercise the option.
https://overthecap.com/looking-ahead-to-the-packers-options-with-aaron-rodgers

I would be amazed if he walked away from 59mil. Now, I'm surprised he doesn't have a NTC to control to only go to the Jets, but at the same time, the market is drying up on who wants/could.would take him.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The hate for Rodgers here lol

Dude has given the Packers more than a decade there, shut his mouth and sat on the bench behind Favre and went at Favre when Favre was trying to put him down - Rodgers is a badass. He owes Packers nothing more. This sub is lame sometimes.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
His last 300 yard game was roughly 8 weeks after Zeke's last 100 yard rushing game back in 2021. Maybe he just chooses not to snap his fingers and turn it on. He's waiting for more adulation and attention.
You mean the season he won MVP? And it's not as though that was a million years ago.

What a reach.

lkelly

Reaction score
You mean the season he won MVP? And it's not as though that was a million years ago.

What a reach.
Sounds like the same mentality that people used to pump up Zeke or Russell Wilson. To think that players don’t hit the wall, especially at age 39, is naive. Father Time is undefeated.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Sounds like the same mentality that people used to pump up Zeke or Russell Wilson. To think that players don’t hit the wall, especially at age 39, is naive. Father Time is undefeated.
Except Zeke wasn't the consensus best anything since like 2017. Again, nice reach and shoehorning in Zeke.