From New Orleans...

Spontae

Reaction score
Zone members:

Listening to the Saints' "Second Guess" show on 870 am on my ride home (with Bobby Hebert)....Hebert said that with Hollis out for 4 games, Will Smith out and Joe Horn out with a tear the Saints are in trouble against Dallas. He called today "Black Tuesday" in New Orleans...heh. Also questioned whether Colston would be available gameday.

Finally, he remarked (trying to be positive for N.O.) that as long as No. 9 was still under center, they still had a chance to win (to which I shouted in my SUV..."He means Romo!!")

Go Cowboys~

lspain1

Reaction score
Spontae,

I like your Avatar! I wonder how many folks know who it is? I'll be superamalgamated!

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Thanks, Spontae!

It is going to be tough for the Cowboys to shutdown the New Orleans offense, but the New Orleans defense should have even more trouble with the Cowboys O.

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
JUST IN ON SAINTS SPORTSTALK.

EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT TO DALLAS FANS.

Joe Horn - Tear in Groin - OUT.
Will Smith - Did not Pratice - OUT.
Hollis Thomas - Junked Up - OUT.
Marques Coltson - Doubtful.

That's four all pro type players. WOW.

Reggie Bush - Check out ok and should be fine.

WR - Devery Henderson
WR - Michael Copper
WR - Reggie Bush
WR/KR - Michael Lewis
RB - Duece McAllistar

With Drew Brees at QB with a healthly OL, we still should be able to play football. I'm not worried too much about losing Will Smith because we actually aren't too bad at backup DE but losing Hollis Thomas is huge.
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Mr Spontae old buddy...keep them coming.

It's great seeing you posting again. ;)

Spontae

Reaction score
Ispain1, Yours likewise.

And if anyone can tell us the true archtype upon which one Clark Kent was based, I'd be impressed (but that's a non-Cowboys discussion, heh...)

Good to be back, CB, my friend!

Spontae

Reaction score
ZeroClub;1211947 said:
Thanks, Spontae!

It is going to be tough for the Cowboys to shutdown the New Orleans offense, but the New Orleans defense should have even more trouble with the Cowboys O.

Indeed, on that front Hebert said "Um, who plays opposite Terry Glenn, oh yeah, that all world receiver Owens, and they have an All Pro Tight end in Witten, and Barber is hot and Jones is doing well...they have some weapons."

Weapons....I should say so.

Reaction score
I'm sorry the Saints won't be at full strength because I don't want any excuses when the Cowboys win!

lspain1

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1211969 said:
I'm sorry the Saints won't be at full strength because I don't want any excuses when the Cowboys win!

Frankly, I want a win. I don't care about excuses. You think any Giants excuses make them feel better today? We are on the road to the playoffs. Anything that makes the road easier is a good thing (I'm NOT wishing injuries on anyone).

speedkilz88

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1211948 said:
JUST IN ON SAINTS SPORTSTALK.

EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT TO DALLAS FANS.

Reggie Bush - Check out ok and should be fine.

WR - Devery Henderson
WR - Michael Copper
WR - Reggie Bush
WR/KR - Michael Lewis
RB - Duece McAllistar

With Drew Brees at QB with a healthly OL, we still should be able to play football. I'm not worried too much about losing Will Smith because we actually aren't too bad at backup DE but losing Hollis Thomas is huge.
user_online.gif
progress.gif
Michael Copper?:rolleyes:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Christ, that's a lot of big injuries. If they win, they'll truly deserve it.

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1211969 said:

Yes, because if we win, and we're able to lock up a first round bye in the play-offs in January... and maybe go on to the Super Bowl, all anyone will talk about during Super Bowl week is how we only got there because when we played the Saints in week 14, they weren't at full strength.

There will forever be an asterick attached to this game!

:rolleyes:

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Have mix emotions on it myself. But what the hell. Since Atlanta and Philly both won it's very unlikey either team will be eliminated, as I thought they might, when we play them.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Spontae;1211930 said:
Zone members:

Listening to the Saints' "Second Guess" show on 870 am on my ride home (with Bobby Hebert)....Hebert said that with Hollis out for 4 games, Will Smith out and Joe Horn out with a tear the Saints are in trouble against Dallas. He called today "Black Tuesday" in New Orleans...heh. Also questioned whether Colston would be available gameday.

Finally, he remarked (trying to be positive for N.O.) that as long as No. 9 was still under center, they still had a chance to win (to which I shouted in my SUV..."He means Romo!!")

Go Cowboys~

Yeah, I heard it too while on the way home. I turned off my Sirius radio to listen to WWL.

Hebert is painful to listen to if you're an intelligent fan, but is quite funny. He sometimes gets Saints players' names wrong, and isn't accurate on Saints history.

He can be entertaining if you've had a drink or two...or three.

Reaction score
I can picture it now . . .

Super Bowl.

Cowboys vs. Chargers

Cowboys just take the go-ahead score with 13 seconds remaining in the 4th.

Joe Buck - TOUCHDOWN Dallas! Marion Barber forces his way into the end zone and the Cowboys take a 4 point lead! Barring a miracle, it looks like the Dalllas Cowboys will be World Champions for an unprecendented 6th time!

Troy Aikman - What an amazing play by Marion Barber, as he was stood up at the line by Shawne Merriman and simply would not be denied. Initially I thought this might be worthy of a challenge, but Barber clearly got it.

Joe Buck - Well, look at the elation on the Cowboys sideline. All the drama. All the side-stories. And all the personalities. Every gamble taken by Bill Parcells and Jerry Jones looks to have paid off big time!"

Troy Aikman - You're absolutely right Joe. But lets not forget that back in week 14, the Cowboys beat the Saints in Texas Stadium when the Saints weren't exactly at full strength.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1211948 said:

You're kidding, right? Joe Hord is the only guy on that list who MIGHT be an All-Pro candidate

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Wait, the Saints are starting Terrence Copper?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, wait, wait....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: