From New Orleans...

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Secondary2None3141;1212086 said:
I can picture it now . . .

Super Bowl.

Cowboys vs. Chargers

I pictured this in 1994, but it didn't work out. The Niners stole one from us and took our place.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Man I wouldn't even want to think about going into a game without TO, Terry Glenn, Jason Ferguson, and Demarcus Ware, with Marion Barber nicked up to boot!

The Saints have a mountain to climb, but I hope no one is taking them for granted.

thekavorka

Reaction score
Like the old sports saying goes, a wounded tiger is the most dangerous.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score

Super Bowl.

Cowboys vs. Chargers

Cowboys just take the go-ahead score with 13 seconds remaining in the 4th.

Joe Buck - TOUCHDOWN Dallas! Marion Barber forces his way into the end zone and the Cowboys take a 4 point lead! Barring a miracle, it looks like the Dalllas Cowboys will be World Champions for an unprecendented 6th time!

Troy Aikman - What an amazing play by Marion Barber, as he was stood up at the line by Shawne Merriman and simply would not be denied. Initially I thought this might be worthy of a challenge, but Barber clearly got it.

Joe Buck - Well, look at the elation on the Cowboys sideline. All the drama. All the side-stories. And all the personalities. Every gamble taken by Bill Parcells and Jerry Jones looks to have paid off big time!"

Troy Aikman - You're absolutely right Joe. But lets not forget that back in week 14, the Cowboys beat the Saints in Texas Stadium when the Saints weren't exactly at full strength.

Oh, Troy Aikman hates Cowboys, thats really new concept :rolleyes:

followthestar

Reaction score
lspain1;1211942 said:
Spontae,

I like your Avatar! I wonder how many folks know who it is? I'll be superamalgamated!

ham, renny, monk, little john or johnny, and..........ah.........DOC SAVAGE!!!!! i've tried to find his series at old book stores, etc, but no luck. If anyone has the entire collection in good shape, it would be worth something nowadays... Jeea, that other guy's name is on the tip of my tongue...

followthestar

Reaction score
let's see we were missing Henry, Flo, Glenn, , Jones, and a few players were still coming back from injuries like crayton, kosier, johnson, etc. if we had stayed one hundred percent healthy last year, who knows...? if you have allstars at every position and no injuries, you've got a good chance to go all the way. but usually every team has some key players go down or have to play hurt. that's when having some depth counts for something. its a crapshoot - we've been lucky this year, but unlucky in years past. oh well... the name that jumps to mind is romo - if bledsoe had gotten injured last year in game 11, who's to say we wouldn't already have 6 trophies...?

arglebargle

Reaction score
Spontae;1211958 said:
Ispain1, Yours likewise.

And if anyone can tell us the true archtype upon which one Clark Kent was based, I'd be impressed (but that's a non-Cowboys discussion, heh...)

Good to be back, CB, my friend!
I Marvel at the Savage!

I will marvel at the savaging of the Saints defense. Though I must say this is the game that scared me the most of all the late season games. Does look like things are falling poorly for the Saints personel.

Reaction score

Super Bowl.

Cowboys vs. Chargers

Cowboys just take the go-ahead score with 13 seconds remaining in the 4th.

Joe Buck - TOUCHDOWN Dallas! Marion Barber forces his way into the end zone and the Cowboys take a 4 point lead! Barring a miracle, it looks like the Dalllas Cowboys will be World Champions for an unprecendented 6th time!

Troy Aikman - What an amazing play by Marion Barber, as he was stood up at the line by Shawne Merriman and simply would not be denied. Initially I thought this might be worthy of a challenge, but Barber clearly got it.

Joe Buck - Well, look at the elation on the Cowboys sideline. All the drama. All the side-stories. And all the personalities. Every gamble taken by Bill Parcells and Jerry Jones looks to have paid off big time!"

Troy Aikman - You're absolutely right Joe. But lets not forget that back in week 14, the Cowboys beat the Saints in Texas Stadium when the Saints weren't exactly at full strength.

You're funny...:rolleyes:

Who Dat

Reaction score
Tuna Helper;1212071 said:
Yeah, I heard it too while on the way home. I turned off my Sirius radio to listen to WWL.

Hebert is painful to listen to if you're an intelligent fan, but is quite funny. He sometimes gets Saints players' names wrong, and isn't accurate on Saints history.

He can be entertaining if you've had a drink or two...or three.

Speaking of entertaining:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCFrUeVQb14&eurl=

AmadeoV

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1211948 said:
JUST IN ON SAINTS SPORTSTALK.

EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT TO DALLAS FANS.

Joe Horn - Tear in Groin - OUT.
Will Smith - Did not Pratice - OUT.
Hollis Thomas - Junked Up - OUT.
Marques Coltson - Doubtful.

That's four all pro type players. WOW.

Reggie Bush - Check out ok and should be fine.

WR - Devery Henderson
WR - Terrance Copper
WR - Reggie Bush
WR/KR - Michael Lewis
RB - Deuce McAllister

With Drew Brees at QB with a healthy OL, we still should be able to play football. I'm not worried too much about losing Will Smith because we actually aren't too bad at backup DE but losing Hollis Thomas is huge.

Please don't claim that Hollis Thomas is an All Pro-caliber player. =( You have to know that's not true as a Saints fan.

AmadeoV

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1212097 said:
You're kidding, right? Joe Hord is the only guy on that list who MIGHT be an All-Pro candidate

Considering that Colston was leading the NFL in receiving yards and was tied for the lead in receiving TDs at the time of his injury, I hope you're kidding.

tunahelper

Reaction score
JUST IN ON SAINTS SPORTSTALK.

EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT TO DALLAS FANS.

Reggie Bush - Check out ok and should be fine.

WR - Devery Henderson
WR - Michael Copper- Isnt this Terrence Copper?
WR - Reggie Bush
WR/KR - Michael Lewis
RB - Duece McAllistar

With Drew Brees at QB with a healthly OL, we still should be able to play football. I'm not worried too much about losing Will Smith because we actually aren't too bad at backup DE but losing Hollis Thomas is huge.
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Everyone gets his name wrong, usually Cooper?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I wonder exactly how many of those 4 players have been to the pro bowl.

Reaction score
Spontae;1211958 said:
Ispain1, Yours likewise.

And if anyone can tell us the true archtype upon which one Clark Kent was based, I'd be impressed (but that's a non-Cowboys discussion, heh...)

Good to be back, CB, my friend!

DOC SAVAGE! I've got a few of his comic books and a 1rst annual stashed away in a closet somewhere... :cool:

thekavorka

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1212734 said:
I wonder exactly how many of those 4 players have been to the pro bowl.

I bet Colston had a very good shot at going to the Pro Bowl this year.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Spontae;1211930 said:
Zone members:

Listening to the Saints' "Second Guess" show on 870 am on my ride home (with Bobby Hebert)....Hebert said that with Hollis out for 4 games, Will Smith out and Joe Horn out with a tear the Saints are in trouble against Dallas. He called today "Black Tuesday" in New Orleans...heh. Also questioned whether Colston would be available gameday.

Finally, he remarked (trying to be positive for N.O.) that as long as No. 9 was still under center, they still had a chance to win (to which I shouted in my SUV..."He means Romo!!")

Go Cowboys~

I like the way you are thinking! :cool:

burmafrd

Reaction score
I do not care if the whole Saints team is injured; I want the win. I could care LESS that they are not at 100%. NO ONE remembers that- only who won or lost.