From Peter King's MMQB...

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I think if Matt Millen had stayed in Detroit, and the Lions continued to nosedive, chances would have been better than 50-50 that Roy Williams would have been dealt to Dallas for a first-round pick before the Oct. 14 trading deadline.
Now? Depends whether Lions interim GM Martin Mayhew and club executive VP Tom Lewand want to try to sign Williams long-term or add a low first-rounder to the mix of whoever ends up running the franchise. The correct decision, unquestionably, would be to add the first-round pick. Even though it might be the 32nd pick in the draft, you're better off getting quality youth than you are to pay sick money to a player who doesn't want to be there.
By the way, adding Williams for the final 11 weeks of the season would cost Dallas only $2.4 million in salary -- a pretty small sum for possible Super Bowl insurance.

Dallyjake

Reaction score
This is a must in my opinion. We have to have someone else for Defenses to fear. Crayton and Austin are just role players at best.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
It would make our offense absolutely uncontrollable. The matchup problems it would create down the field, opening up this power running game.

The real potential of Roy Williams hasn't been seen, he's been a diamond amongst turds in Detroit. Wait until he starts playing in meaningful games, especially back in his home state.

It's going to be an interesting few weeks.

Mash

Reaction score
I dont know....

I havent watched Roy Williams much the last few years......but is he a difference maker?

Does he have the speed to stretch the field.....or is he more of a Crayton and a possession guy?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
been saying it and saying it and saying it.....this MUST be done...they are gonna want one our young WRs in return....give them whomever they want between Austin, Hurd, or Stanback....all three are projects who will never be starters..and put cratyon back in the slot where he belongs

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We don't need another wide receiver or offensive weapon. The current makeup is already one of the tops in the league.

khiladi

Reaction score
If Garrett gets him, he better run some quick slants over the middle with Roy Williams and his size.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
parcells316;2295237 said:
I think if Matt Millen had stayed in Detroit, and the Lions continued to nosedive, chances would have been better than 50-50 that Roy Williams would have been dealt to Dallas for a first-round pick before the Oct. 14 trading deadline.
Now? Depends whether Lions interim GM Martin Mayhew and club executive VP Tom Lewand want to try to sign Williams long-term or add a low first-rounder to the mix of whoever ends up running the franchise. The correct decision, unquestionably, would be to add the first-round pick. Even though it might be the 32nd pick in the draft, you're better off getting quality youth than you are to pay sick money to a player who doesn't want to be there.
By the way, adding Williams for the final 11 weeks of the season would cost Dallas only $2.4 million in salary -- a pretty small sum for possible Super Bowl insurance.

I'd say this will get done, especially if Detroit believes it needs to rebuild from the ground up. This team needs defense and a quarterback. Matt Stafford is coming out this year and maybe another first-round pick is what they need to move up to get him, if they're not at the top of the draft.

I trust King's information. He has incredible sources within the NFL.

redskins1

Benched
Reaction score
GoinForSix;2295267 said:
It would make our offense absolutely uncontrollable. The matchup problems it would create down the field, opening up this power running game.

The real potential of Roy Williams hasn't been seen, he's been a diamond amongst turds in Detroit. Wait until he starts playing in meaningful games, especially back in his home state.

It's going to be an interesting few weeks.

But your D cant stop good offenses,adding roy makes your offense better but your O is not the problem..as a skins fan it thrills me that you guys still want to focus on your offense!!

StylisticS

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2295326 said:
The passing game wasn't the problem yesterday.

But if we get Roy, it will never be a concern or a crutch to use as an excuse if we ever do have problems offensively in the future. I say get him.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2295326 said:
The passing game wasn't the problem yesterday.

Sure it was. Romo didn't one-up Favre yesterday so it was a total failure.

While I don't think he is needed, Roy would be a mighty fine addition.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
parcells316;2295237 said:

I can only imagine how many times we will run the ball if we acquired Williams. And I cringe at the thought of adding another WR who will whine when he doesn't get the ball as often as he wants.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2295295 said:
We don't need another wide receiver or offensive weapon. The current makeup is already one of the tops in the league.
Adding another playmaker can only help, and TO is nearing the end. Finding his replacement is a necessity, at some point in the near future.

Having said that, the problem with this team isn't lack of offensive playmakers.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Roy Williams today is more valuable than a #1 draft pick next year in my opinion.

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
How different is DET's O from ours (aside from the difference in quality at QB and at basically every other position on the offense), and how long would it take for Williams to get up to speed?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
He'd probably end up like Felix and not have any plays designed that can be run when Dallas is behind.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Dallyjake;2295264 said:
This is a must in my opinion. We have to have someone else for Defenses to fear. Crayton and Austin are just role players at best.

No it isn't and no we don't.

Our offense is nowhere near being a problem. Roy Williams would be a luxury, he's far from a necessity.