From the "I wish I hadnt written that" File

DTK

Reaction score
LOL. We need to flood these idiots with emails.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I sent him an e-mail praising the Bears defense and asking him if he's ready to give Romo his due. If he responds, I'll share.

arglebargle

Reaction score
From David Haugh after the game; "... Tony Romo looked shaky early but adjusted to the Bears' fierce pass rush and bought time with his legs to make plays with his arm. Romo looked as legitimate as Grossman looked tentative, and the Cowboys carried the look of the real Super Bowl contender....."

But mostly he calls for use of the knife on the Bears offense.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...4795852.column?page=1&coll=cs-bears-headlines

LeonDixson

Reaction score
arglebargle;1666079 said:
From David Haugh after the game; "... Tony Romo looked shaky early but adjusted to the Bears' fierce pass rush and bought time with his legs to make plays with his arm. Romo looked as legitimate as Grossman looked tentative, and the Cowboys carried the look of the real Super Bowl contender....."

But mostly he calls for use of the knife on the Bears offense.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...4795852.column?page=1&coll=cs-bears-headlines

Not exactly an admission his analysis was wrong, but I guess it'll have to do.

Who really cares anyway?

Jon

Reaction score
September 25, 2007

David Haugh

Tony Romo fans from Texas to Tinley Park want an apology for the suggestion in Sunday's Tribune that Romo hadn't yet played a defense as good as the Bears, so doubt was appropriate.

A cynic would say that Romo still hasn't played a top-five defense after he shredded the banged-up Bears for 329 passing yards and 34 points. But in all seriousness, Romo made a convincing argument that he is among the three best young quarterbacks in the NFL right behind Carson Palmer and possibly Ben Roethlisberger. His ability to create opportunities for himself outside the pocket had as much to do with Terrell Owens getting free on basic in-routes as anything.

Romo is the real deal, and praise for him after his 14th NFL start against the toughest defense he has seen is as appropriate as the healthy skepticism before it. ...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...augh,1,5189069.column?coll=cs-bears-headlines

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Kudos to David Haugh. He stepped up and gave credit where it was due.

MONT17

Reaction score
this guy cares more about delivering 1 liners than he does about the actual matchup... hopefully he gets a book deal, his hard work and desperate wit can be forgotten by the sports world!!!

sbark

Reaction score
but you'll see the mediots write 100 articles and holler see, see, see........if Romo has a rough outing............and its gonna happen at some point, just the way sports is.......

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
ZeroClub;1668987 said:
Thanks for posting this link.

The Bears defense IS fierce and quick. That the Cowboys wore them down, chewed them up, and spit them out, says something. Romo should get a lot of credit, of course, but the Dallas OL also did a heck of a job.

I agree. In response to the articles prior to the game I have only this to say: :lmao2:

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Jon;1668874 said:
September 25, 2007

David Haugh

Tony Romo fans from Texas to Tinley Park want an apology for the suggestion in Sunday's Tribune that Romo hadn't yet played a defense as good as the Bears, so doubt was appropriate.

A cynic would say that Romo still hasn't played a top-five defense after he shredded the banged-up Bears for 329 passing yards and 34 points. But in all seriousness, Romo made a convincing argument that he is among the three best young quarterbacks in the NFL right behind Carson Palmer and possibly Ben Roethlisberger. His ability to create opportunities for himself outside the pocket had as much to do with Terrell Owens getting free on basic in-routes as anything.

Romo is the real deal, and praise for him after his 14th NFL start against the toughest defense he has seen is as appropriate as the healthy skepticism before it. ...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...augh,1,5189069.column?coll=cs-bears-headlines

I looked to see if he had addressed this after the game. Good job off manning up. I know several Dallas writers that never do.

vicjagger

Reaction score
Hey Downey, here's a Carrie Underwood tune just for you..."Wasted".