From the unexpected who I thought showed a little something

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Quincy Butler made a boneheaded play on ST but he and Lenny Williams seemed to handle their secondary assignments pretty well and Butler always seemed to be in on the tackle or near the ball sorta how Lee Roy Jordan use to be...McQ for the most part was out there a long time and played better than I expected though nothing world shattering..Saldi played well but he was only briefly on the field...Rector made 2 nice catches... I would like a better look at these guys

from the not so unexpected...

Junior G and Pat Watkins...they each had a bad play with Jr. letting the runner get outside of him and Pat with the facemask penalty..Hatcher had nice pressure but he has to get some better moves to become a serious threat to QB's...Thomas Johnson owned the center he was playing against

From the I did not see them make a play department...

Bobcar, Stanley, Fasano, Green they may have done there jobs perfectly but nothing seemed to standout to me...

***disclaimer***

readers please notice the to me part...

From the they may need more time than I thought department...

Hurd he made some nice catches but he can't be dropping passes like the ones he did

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Big Dakota said:
Butler, Lee Roy Jordan..........:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What is funny?...

you aren't stupid enough to think I was saying Butler is the equal of Lee Roy Jordan... especially as they play 2 different positions...but it was meant as a point of comparision for those who aren't old enough to have seen Lee Roy play...as they would have no idea that Lee Roy was known for such...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Zaxor said:
What is funny?...

you aren't stupid enough to think I was saying Butler is the equal of Lee Roy Jordan... especially as they play 2 different positions...but it was meant as a point of comparision for those who aren't old enough to have seen Lee Roy play...as they would have no idea that Lee Roy was known for such...

Some posters are always looking for indirect or direct ways to ridicule others.

I understood your point.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Junior G really showed some speed and power coming around the end.....however comma, that tackle blocking him may be cut next week.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
Some posters are always looking for indirect or direct ways to ridicule others.

I understood your point.

So I have notice my friend

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
What is funny?...

I fully understand the point you were making my friend. ;)

The Hurd drop in my opinion was simply a case of butterflies...as he caught everything thrown his way from that point on. What a nice finger tip catch he made on the td drive.

Hurd is a keeper.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
I fully understand the point you were making my friend. ;)

The Hurd drop in my opinion was simply a case of butterflies...as he caught everything thrown his way from that point on. What a nice finger tip catch he made on the td drive.

Hurd is a keeper.

I think he is too and you are probably right about the jitters...

What did you think about our boy Stanley

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
I think he is too and you are probably right about the jitters...

What did you think about our boy Stanley

At this point he is questionable......If he makes the team He'll be spending alot of time w/the strength coach.

notherbob

Reaction score
Carp only made one tackle but it was a beauty - he made a diving one-handed foot/ankle tackle that may have saved a TD. For a rookie's first pre-season game, I'm happy but would like to have seen him in the mix a little more.

For a offense that has beejn so far behind the defense so far in TC, I thought the offense looked pretty good.

Romo was impressive. In the past I saw just enough of him to want to see more. I saw it last night. It's too early to say he has "it", but he's got something that looks a lot like "it". Some of "it" may have slopped over and Sam Hurd and Junior Glymph jumped on it and got a bunch of "it", too. These young Cowboys are a pretty "Itty" bunch.
:D

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
Quincy Butler made a boneheaded play on ST but he and Lenny Williams seemed to handle their secondary assignments pretty well and Butler always seemed to be in on the tackle or near the ball sorta how Lee Roy Jordan use to be...McQ for the most part was out there a long time and played better than I expected though nothing world shattering..Saldi played well but he was only briefly on the field...Rector made 2 nice catches... I would like a better look at these guys

from the not so unexpected...

Junior G and Pat Watkins...they each had a bad play with Jr. letting the runner get outside of him and Pat with the facemask penalty..Hatcher had nice pressure but he has to get some better moves to become a serious threat to QB's...Thomas Johnson owned the center he was playing against

From the I did not see them make a play department...

Bobcar, Stanley, Fasano, Green they may have done there jobs perfectly but nothing seemed to standout to me...

***disclaimer***

readers please notice the to me part...

From the they may need more time than I thought department...

Hurd he made some nice catches but he can't be dropping passes like the ones he did
I don't know if you ment to imply it or not but you didn't say it. Junior Glymph and Pat Watkins both had some very good plays to somewhat offset the bad plays that they had...especially Glymph.

Fasano had some nice plays as well with his blocking but he did have the one dropped pass early. Still he did well on his blocking assignments and was active on the field; just not spectacular.

What the hell is a Bobcar?

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I don't know if you ment to imply it or not but you didn't say it. Junior Glymph and Pat Watkins both had some very good plays to somewhat offset the bad plays that they had...especially Glymph.

Fasano had some nice plays as well with his blocking but he did have the one dropped pass early. Still he did well on his blocking assignments and was active on the field; just not spectacular.

What the hell is a Bobcar?

I agree Jack both Junior and Pat had good games...

I missed the Fasano blocks...and Bob(by)Car(penter) did make an excellent tackle on Peter Warrick as notherbob pointed out

silver

Reaction score
me thinks quincy makes the final cut. not only is his name quincy and jerry just loves pronouncing it, he's actually playing pretty good and had a great week in practice. quincy butler # 36 makes the final cut IMHO

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
silver said:
me thinks quincy makes the final cut. not only is his name quincy and jerry just loves pronouncing it, he's actually playing pretty good and had a great week in practice. quincy butler # 36 makes the final cut IMHO
About the only spot for him would be Nate Jones' spot and Nate made some pretty good plays last night as well. I will agree that if any of them unseat the Parakeet it will be Butler but I haven't seen enough of him to say that it is a done deal.

Unforgiven

Reaction score
notherbob said:
Carp only made one tackle but it was a beauty - he made a diving one-handed foot/ankle tackle that may have saved a TD. For a rookie's first pre-season game, I'm happy but would like to have seen him in the mix a little more.

For a offense that has beejn so far behind the defense so far in TC, I thought the offense looked pretty good.

Romo was impressive. In the past I saw just enough of him to want to see more. I saw it last night. It's too early to say he has "it", but he's got something that looks a lot like "it". Some of "it" may have slopped over and Sam Hurd and Junior Glymph jumped on it and got a bunch of "it", too. These young Cowboys are a pretty "Itty" bunch.
:D

You are correct about the "it" thing. I'm not even sure how to explain "it", but I think I see it. Intangibles, like Favre, Staubach, Brady, Montana have.

Not a shot at Bledose, who I really like, but he doesn't have "it". He never has. everything he has accomplished on the field (and there are a lot) he has done strictly on skill and desire. He has fought for everything he has accomplished. It just looks so smooth and simple for players like Favre and Montana. And it just kind of looked that way for Romo last night.

By the way, I liked the way he looked in control standing over the line, even corrected a few players out of position. Can't wait to see the whole game today.

silver

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
About the only spot for him would be Nate Jones' spot and Nate made some pretty good plays last night as well. I will agree that if any of them unseat the Parakeet it will be Butler but I haven't seen enough of him to say that it is a done deal.
not sure we can't keep both. we may just keep watkins as backup safety and overload on the corner side. in that case butler takes the spot that would've belonged to pile, elam or coleman.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
silver said:
not sure we can't keep both. we may just keep watkins as backup safety and overload on the corner side. in that case butler takes the spot that would've belonged to pile, elam or coleman.
That's a possibility since they like to play Reeves at Safety in some situations; he might fill a double role. I guess we'll have to wait and see.