Front Office Football 7

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Some of you stat guys on here need to give this game a try (If you haven't yet, the series has been around for years)

It's a text based game, focus is on team building and play calling. While you have to use your imagination for the plays, I am far more entertained by this than I have ever been with Madden. The way you get attached to your franchise QBs or your superstar WR. Contemplating if you should allow a great player go if they are asking for a little too much money, just to see them go to another team and tear it up all the way to the HOF. Even off-season holdouts make you contemplate, you could pay them and take a cap hit or run the risk of not paying them, they get disgruntled, and refuse to sign with your team in the offseason.

I've gone through about 300 years a few times in this game (Lost a couple saves, had to start it all over), and it's pretty much infinite. I've had dynasties, just to watch them crumble worse than the late 90s Cowboys and falling to the level of the Browns and having to build my team from scratch all over again. I've drafted QBs in the top 10, just to watch them put up big regular season numbers and choke every year in the playoffs.

One of the worst things that ever happened to me in this game is a year I had the first pick in the draft and chose a QB and got myself a stud WR in the second. Both went on to shatter records, QB shattered the TD recrod, WR (Who was only 5'7) went on to shatter the receptions in a season and regular season receiving yards records. Sadly, they could never get it done in the playoffs. Always met up with the Panthers in either the divisional or championship round and lost, just to watch them go on and have a dynasty.

On the flip side of that story, a funny thing happened a couple years after my QB and WR retired. I went into rebuild mode, and because I was lacking a solid QB or stud at WR that could never live up to Jerry Rice 2.0, I put my focus on building a D and having a heavy running game. And wouldn't you know it, 2 seasons after my legends retired, my D became #1 against the run and receiving, not giving up more than 24 points in a game and averaging around 17 a game for the season. This didn't change in the playoffs, where I used a ground and pound strategy and won myself a Super Bowl with a Trent Dilfer at QB.

Like I said, if you're a stat junkie - Give the game a try, I believe it's on Steam for about $20.