Front Office Mentality

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Put this into perspective.

Tre Boston signed a 1 year $1,500,000 contract. He was selected as a 1st team Pro Bowler last year.

He just turned 26 this June and is 6'1", 205 lbs. Also from Victoria Texas.

This team has Jeff Heath on the books this year at $2,450.000.

Let this sink in.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Tre Boston signed a 1 year $1,500,000 contract. He was selected as a 1st team Pro Bowler last year.

Let this sink in.

Jerry drinks the Coolaid like some other fans on here. He probably thinks Jeff Heath is a star in the making.

dwreck27

Reaction score
I dont think this team appreciates selling out during window years...

With Dak due for a contract soon, Dlaw, zeke.. the Oline getting further along in their deals..

But hey its a process still

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Jerry drinks the Coolaid like some other fans on here. He probably thinks Jeff Heath is a star in the making.

I'm not into conspiracy all that much but I'm starting to think this team likes getting runned up the gut and thrown deep up the middle on. The old 3rd and long that our opposition always gets to convert on as season's past have shown. No adjustment.

They talk like they want to win but are so cool with 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 and clap time.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Richard had Heath playing close to the line in the nickel. Basically as a hybrid LB/S and he looked really good.

He's a good player on a reasonable deal.

Boston you gotta wonder about as he's now worn out his welcome with two teams

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry drinks the Coolaid like some other fans on here.
kool-aid-oh-yeah.jpg

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score

Let this sink in.

I'm not that worried about the Heath discprency as it was a multi year deal and he's somewhere around the 60th highest paid safety per season. Sounds like a more than fair contract. What you can fault the Cowboys for is being too stubborn to add safety help when clearly its needed and one of the weaker positions. Vaccaro, Boston, Reid, IIoka pick anyone of those guys and they could have or can help this team on a low risk deal. Maybe Woods and Heath are better, but bring in competition and at worst you improve your depth.

Of course all is forgiven if the Cowboys swing a deal for Earl Thomas without giving up a lot.

Reactions: CWR

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Richard had Heath playing close to the line in the nickel. Basically as a hybrid LB/S and he looked really good.

He's a good player on a reasonable deal.

Boston you gotta wonder about as he's now worn out his welcome with two teams

I like Heath too and in no way dogging him. I think he's a boarder line starter/very good back up though. Great for ST's and depth, but to be our best starting safety?

There's been decent safeties in the draft, FA and other opportunities. I like Kris Richard and trust his expertise but i do not think he's the one making these decisions. He's just doing his job and coaching what he has.

I'm tired of the bad safety play excuse on this team blowing winnable games.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I'm not that worried about the Heath discprency as it was a multi year deal and he's somewhere around the 60th highest paid safety per season. Sounds like a more than fair contract. What you can fault the Cowboys for is being too stubborn to add safety help when clearly its needed and one of the weaker positions. Vaccaro, Boston, Reid, IIoka pick anyone of those guys and they could have or can help this team on a low risk deal. Maybe Woods and Heath are better, but bring in competition and at worst you improve your depth.

Of course all is forgiven if the Cowboys swing a deal for Earl Thomas without giving up a lot.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. My same thoughts. No knock on Heath, I like how he has developed. But in no way should this lack of depth, talent and experience be what we showcase in the back-end and expect to close out games.

stiletto

Reaction score
Seriously...it's all about "We like our own guys..." and we need to be right to feel confident. Really it's a sad state of affairs from the top all the way down. Definitely Loserville-ish...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tre Boston started 16 games over 3 years before leaving in VFA for a $900k deal from the Chargers. Where he wasn't a probowler last year.

He's an interesting player, but I think they had issues with his tackling, which is why I think we weren't interested.

Jeff Heath's averaging $1.9MM/year, overall. He's a pretty good deal for us.