News: FS: Dak Prescott trade: 5 NFL teams who should call Cowboys

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree, I will need at least 3x firsts to consider it but getting a good shot at Lawrence....worth tolerating a down year

We're not going to get 3 firsts for Dak. We would be lucky to get 2 for him, and I mean really lucky. Would you trade 3 first round picks for Dak, knowing that CAA is going to try and get him a 40 mil 3 to 4 year deal?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
This article is trying too hard. I still believe there is not a huge market for Dak outside of Dallas.

Jacksonville seems all-in on tanking for Trevor Lawrence.

New England? Belichick is not going to overpay for anyone.

San Francisco. Shanahan wants guys who can rip through their progressions and make quick decisions. I don't think that is Dak's strength.

Buffalo is all-in on Josh Allen right now.

Detroit? maybe? I think like a lot of teams, they'll want to build around a QB on his rookie deal, once they decide to move on from their current big-money QB.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know who wrote that but they are wanting for more material than we are.

NE wouldn't pony up for Brady and he's going to spend 35M on Prescott?

SF is on the line for Garoppolo and DET for Stafford.

BUF is one of those teams that hasn't decided if they have their guy or not but probably ranks Prescott close to Allen.

Any team that would trade for Prescott would have to believe he's worth what he's asking and worth giving up picks.

The Cowboys made a mistake by not transition tagging Prescott and letting his agent establish value, the difference is about 5M and still more than double what Prescott has made his first 4 years.

They will sign him to a 4 year deal because they lack the balls to play hardball with a star player.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don't know who wrote that but they are wanting for more material than we are.

NE wouldn't pony up for Brady and he's going to spend 35M on Prescott?

SF is on the line for Garoppolo and DET for Stafford.

BUF is one of those teams that hasn't decided if they have their guy or not but probably ranks Prescott close to Allen.

Any team that would trade for Prescott would have to believe he's worth what he's asking and worth giving up picks.

The Cowboys made a mistake by not transition tagging Prescott and letting his agent establish value, the difference is about 5M and still more than double what Prescott has made his first 4 years.

They will sign him to a 4 year deal because they lack the balls to play hardball with a star player.
Every other QB deal has been a 4 year deal. Why does his have to be different?

MaineBoy

Reaction score
What's so funny is these guys that say Dak is so terrible and the worst QB ever but yet want to trade him for multiple first round picks and players.

Spin much ? They are not saying they think Dak is worth multiple picks. Quite the contrary. They are commenting that the other team that is interested In Dak and values him more than most of us do as a starter would pay normal compensation for a quality, starting QB. Which he is not. But hey, let them find out the hard way. I wish Jerry had used the non exclusive tag on Dak so you guys would face a reality check. Ain’t a team in this league would give 2 first rounders for your boy. Nada.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
This article is a joke. Look at the 5 teams:

Buffalo - recently invested in a 1st rounder who showed flashed of real ability last season.

SF - Jimmy G got them to the SB. Not an elite starter, but is Dak an upgrade?

Lions - Stafford is a thoroughbred QB that has all the skills. On a different level to Dak. Not his fault he was drafted by Detroit!

Jax - Have a mixed bag of meh QBs. Why would they want another?

N.E. - :lmao:

Because Dak is an upgrade for all five destinations at the most important position.

You not understanding that is pretty comical :lmao:

mcmvp

Reaction score
Because Dak is an upgrade for all five destinations at the most important position.

You not understanding that is pretty comical :lmao:

Jacksonville and NE are the only clear upgrades on this list. The Lions may be interested… But that would only be because of Stafford’s age and injury status. There is no way on God’s green earth that Belichick would want to sign Dak for the amount of money he wants…and give up draft picks too? Zero chance.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Jacksonville and NE are the only clear upgrades on this list. The Lions may be interested… But that would only be because of Stafford’s age and injury status. There is no way on God’s green earth that Belichick would want to sign Dak for the amount of money he wants…and give up draft picks too? Zero chance.
All five are clear upgrades. When the hell has Josh Allen shown any consistent competency at all? There is no way on God's green earth you would understand how much Dak is worth, so we will just leave it at that.