News: FS: Jason Witten in a Raiders uniform just looks plain weird

aria

Reaction score
This is gonna get good now. MM is a real HC, and has a real staff. And we still have good talent. Watch this team take off immediately.
I’m not as sold as some on MM. I think most coaches would succeed offensively with this roster, there’s zero excuses even for the first year, but I need to see what he can do without one of the best QB’s kn the game. There have been several games I’ve seen him coach when I wasn’t overly impressed, including the playoff game in 2016 when he almost let us come back and win because he got to conservative in the 2nd half. If Rodgers wasn’t his QB and calling his own plays he would have most likely lost that game.

Our defense is also extremely over rated IMO. We lost one of the best corner backs in the league which fans seem to minimize because he didn’t get INT’s, he only took out half the field and the other teams best receiver. We lost our sack leader which fans minimize because he wasn’t good against the run. Some fans assume LVE will return to his rookie form when he was playing horribly before his injury last year and is now potentially one hit away from retirement. Jaylon is extremely over rated and Dlaw didn’t do jack last year. We got two new guys for the interior but this is a passing league and we still have several other areas of concern.

Once again, we lead the league as next years paper champions.

Valkyr

Reaction score
I root for the uniform, so the second you are playing for someone else, you are now my enemy.

And you don't want me as an enemy!

I might say something not so nice about you on a message board, and you do not want any of that.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I wish him well. It was time for him and the team to move on.

Jarwin will provide a dimension that the Dallas offense has lacked for years. Frankly, I’m excited about what the TE position can now do in Dallas.

Witten being gone may be a good thing but Jarwin will be what he was when Witten was gone. a fifth option. Most of his success has come because teams forget he is even on the field. I hope I am wrong. Jarwin will be lucky to be the 2nd coming of Bjornson.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I’m not as sold as some on MM. I think most coaches would succeed offensively with this roster, there’s zero excuses even for the first year, but I need to see what he can do without one of the best QB’s kn the game. There have been several games I’ve seen him coach when I wasn’t overly impressed, including the playoff game in 2016 when he almost let us come back and win because he got to conservative in the 2nd half. If Rodgers wasn’t his QB and calling his own plays he would have most likely lost that game.

Our defense is also extremely over rated IMO. We lost one of the best corner backs in the league which fans seem to minimize because he didn’t get INT’s, he only took out half the field and the other teams best receiver. We lost our sack leader which fans minimize because he wasn’t good against the run. Some fans assume LVE will return to his rookie form when he was playing horribly before his injury last year and is now potentially one hit away from retirement. Jaylon is extremely over rated and Dlaw didn’t do jack last year. We got two new guys for the interior but this is a passing league and we still have several other areas of concern.

Once again, we lead the league as next years paper champions.

Just my opinion but I do think that MM is walking into a successful opportunity. He is working with IMO a top 10 QB. Not like rogers but pretty good. And Dak isn’t calling his own plays so that gives MM more control. The O-Line is still one of the best, the RB is not that smart off field but is good at what he does. WR we are set. I expect a top Offense.

ST will be way better than last season so that looks good for him.

Defense is the only question I have. I expect a more aggressive one so we may give up a few big plays but I look forward to a less conservative bend and break when we need you the most Defense. I think the D-Line will be better than last year. If we get a push it should result in ints.

aria

Reaction score
Just my opinion but I do think that MM is walking into a successful opportunity. He is working with IMO a top 10 QB. Not like rogers but pretty good. And Dak isn’t calling his own plays so that gives MM more control. The O-Line is still one of the best, the RB is not that smart off field but is good at what he does. WR we are set. I expect a top Offense.

ST will be way better than last season so that looks good for him.

Defense is the only question I have. I expect a more aggressive one so we may give up a few big plays but I look forward to a less conservative bend and break when we need you the most Defense. I think the D-Line will be better than last year. If we get a push it should result in ints.
Definitely agree, if he can’t succeed with this offensive unit then I’ll seriously question his coaching abilities. I have high expectations for the offense but not so much the defense.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
To be honest , he actually looks better and tougher than he did in cowboy uni.
It's the 5 0'clock shadow.

Seriously, I wish we had a black uniform for away games. At home we'd be the good guys in white, and away we'd be the bad guys in black.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I root for the uniform, so the second you are playing for someone else, you are now my enemy.

And you don't want me as an enemy!

I might say something not so nice about you on a message board, and you do not want any of that.
LOL

Jeffkills

Reaction score
jess-haynie_dallas-cowboys_jason-witten-closing-on-cowboys-all-time-receiving-td-record.jpg

glimmerman

Reaction score
Definitely agree, if he can’t succeed with this offensive unit then I’ll seriously question his coaching abilities. I have high expectations for the offense but not so much the defense.
We will certainly see how bad marinelli and Richard were. A whole new scheme being installed with this corona mess going on is gonna make things harder. If we could be as good as last year then we have a chance in the playoffs. MM is better HC than JG. He has out coached JG more than once in the playoffs. 2016 should have never gotten close. 2018 we fell behind so quick it made me sick. If Marinelli simply stayed aggressive at the end of that game then rogers would never would have had time to make that school yard play up at the end. If that game went to OT I really believe we win that one. JG should have had Marinelli get after rogers way before the second half of that game. Both were conservative coaches. MM will hopefully have the team stay on the gas for the whole game.

bigE79

Reaction score
s-l640.jpg

nope

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/proxy/sAg6w33gaCZblyWwsgQvpDwiuSdfzwSPy6OQrqgqvCzdljH9gzC73ASue46viQwu3J3UZKPiEKNKX_7cB-cSa_SH4IYj5cwC-Tf3VuNuyNDMwx5B_00

nah

jy8vwvxwdb1euvl9oq7b.jpg

stop it.
Seeing Dorsett in orange still makes me sick...blah

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah. But he walked out the door, then walked back in the door, then walked out the door again.

He’s one of the all-time great Cowboys, but he should’ve walked out that door the first time years before he did sothat people would remember what he was instead of what he is.
Why shouldn't every player have the right to make their own choices, and what make a fan more qualified to make those choices than the player themselves?

Ultimately, so what if he wasn't as effective as he was in the better part of his career? He wanted to play, and he played hard and had good intentions, so what is there to feel animosity about? The coaches are the ones that had the decision to play him or scale him back more.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
It’s nice to see guys spend their whole career with one team but it seems to be rare now a days. For last 10-20 years guys switch all the time as hall of famers. Peyton. Brady. Etc. that being said it’s still weird as hell to think of witten in another uniform.