Reaction score
Source: nfldraftcountdown [ Article ]

FS Pat Watkins

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 200 | 40-Time: 4.50 | Senior | Flordia State
patwatkins.jpg

Official Bio

three.gif

Strengths:
Has tremendous size with long arms and the frame to add more weight...Is a very good athlete...Mobile and has excellent range to make plays sideline-to-sideline...Smart and a leader on the field...Great leaper who knows how to go up and get the ball...Will support the run...Still has some upside and potential.

Weaknesses:
Must hit the weight room and get stronger...Needs to bulk up...Not overly physical or explosive despite his size...Inconsistent...Struggles a bit and gets turned in man coverage...Has some minor durability concerns...A bit of an underachiever who didn't always play up to his ability...Only two years of starting experience.

Notes:
Top recruit coming out of high school...Could be chosen earlier than he should based on workouts...From a physical standpoint he would seem to have all the tools you look for and is exactly what the pros are looking for in a safety today.

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
Somebody to keep an eye on during this orange bowl game. I've watched him play before and hes pretty impressive. 10 Career picks to I think...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Dude is skinny - a late day 2 at best pick.

I have seen closing speed and some positives on the kid watching him some. But 2-3 years away from playing in NFL.

Hiero

Reaction score
Not sure if hes too skinny or not, but he is an extremely talented guy who has trouble staying motivated all thetime. I think Parcells would get good use out of him. 6'4 with that speed.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
There is one of these types every year last 2-3 at FS/SS position.

Big hat, no cattle.

All underwear team:

1) Ernest Shazor
2) Brandon Browner
3) James Butler

From 2nd round locks to undrafted guys in a matter of 4 months.