Twitter: FS Woods says he will return Sunday

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Glad he might be back. He will be a major player for our defense this year.

I keep hearing that every year with Woods and he has yet to showcase that major role. I want to see some picks, some fumble jarring hits and some tackles behind the line of scrimmage. That is what separates the good safeties from the average.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I hope they start Thompson as well, we need Woods as close to 100% as possible vs Green Bay
I can't fathom that he's even 80% right now (but he might be). I also am guessing that his injury wasn't a high ankle sprain. Those injuries keep players out for a significant chunk of time (and usually longer in our case), not one week.

quickccc

Reaction score
Thompson did a reasonably good job in the Miami game; although, he was not put into any difficult situations.

They should start Thompson and give Woods more time to heal up unless things start to go south for the defense at which point they can put Woods in the game.

We could likely see woods in there on occasions and having shared spots with Darian Thompson, at the least, while he gradually works closer to getting back to 100% as possible.

maybe all depends on what he shows trainers and coaches prior to the opening game.

And just hearing Stephen, who I saying Xavier is " good to go "..one thing seems
certain, it doesn't sound like Xavier will be sitting it out and made game day inactive.

Last edited:

Mr_437

Reaction score
A few things...Woods may be a fast healer, but for him to be back now means the injury report was wrong. Another advantageous aspect of having quality depth, if your the Cowboys is, injured players can actually heal up before getting back on the field. Lastly, I want to see more Thompson.