Video: FS1: Dak Deserves to be Highest Paid Player

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I do not believe in the next man up theory, personally. I believe that Players subscribe to this line of thought because they all want to get paid and they know that if they push this agenda, it helps them get paid down the line. It's not a smart way to run a business IMO, but you do see this kind of thing all the time, play out in the tabloids or sports talk shows. Still in all, what happens in these contracts almost never mirrors what these glorified game show hosts aspire.

I would never pay Dak as the highest paid player in the league. You hear these guys say that fans don't understand. Really? What exactly is tough about understanding the situation? We do understand. What's more, we understand that a great many of us are much smarter then these guys on TV who claim we don't understand. We get it. These guys are not rocket scientists, after all.

Here's the thing thou. I believe that Jerry wants to pay Dak. I believe that all this talk from the pundits and a great many in the fan base is off base. Jerry has never been cheap, especially at QB. He would pay Dak IMO but I think the real issue here, and many have pointed this out in the past, is that Dak doesn't want to sign long term. Those of you who say "Pay The Man", well, what are you really saying here? I'm honestly asking because I can't believe that you would be in favor of paying Dak but then allowing him to simply sign for a short period of time and be back at the table in a couple of years. So you guys who support "Pay The Man", what are you actually saying? Are you saying that you believe we should make Dak the highest paid player in the league and then also, allow him to sign a three year deal as well? Because I believe this is the sticking point. I can't believe that any fan of the team would support this. How does this help anybody, other then Dak specifically and only Dak? It absolutely hurts all other players coming after and it hurts the teams ability to improve talent or even keep talent going forward.

So what is it that you guys actually believe? Is anybody in favor of allowing Dak to be the highest paid player in the league and then also signing a short deal to boot?

johneric8

Reaction score
I think it's completely reasonable that Dak should be the highest paid player in the league. Despite all the hate he gets from the negative nancy haters on this forum the stats and eye test don't lie. He is tough, he is an incredible leader, can make all the throws and has the "It" factor. Honestly, the only other QB in the league whom is better at this point in terms of a well rounded QB is Mahomes. But, I would argue that Mahomes is a bit fragile.

All the idiots that say Dak can't elevate the team are just looking for reasons to hate. The guy has shown he can elevate the team, but sometimes a QB can't do it by himself, and all Qb's have bad games from time to time.. At the end of the day, I see a guy in Dak whom at this point in time deserves to be one of the faces of this league!

Go Dak!

bewp7

Reaction score
yeah they says that because it would give all those dopes on stupid sports talk shows something to talk about for years.