Video: FTF: Andy Dalton can save Cowboys season

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dalton is better than most back ups, and I'm glad to have him over some clown like Cooper Rush. But let's not ignore some pertinent facts.

Dalton started 4 playoff games. Each year he had a top 10 defense to help him get there (Dak has never had one). He also had some guy named AJ Green to throw to, along with guys named Mohammed Sanu and Marvin Jones. The results?

Lost 31-10
Lost 10-7
Lost 11-6
Lost 26-10

His offense scored 33 points in FOUR games. He threw 1 TD pass - total - in four games (along with 6 picks). Dak lost 34-31 to Aaron Rodgers and got roasted for it.

I'd love a magical SB run as much as the next guy but we've got some folks living in fantasy land when it comes to Dalton. I don't know if it's a Texas thing, a haven't seen him much since he left Texas thing, or a Dak Derangement Syndrome thing, but nothing about his past gives reason for hope beyond anything more than an NFC East title, and that's only because it's the worst division in football. Indulge yourselves while you can.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Dalton at best will win the division and then lose in the playoffs. And it would be the same with Dak.

Don't compare him to Dak. That's an insult to Dalton.

We don't need to bring up Dak in every Dalton thread, that's like trolling.

We have a new leader, let's embrace it. Move on from Dak. He's a thing of the past.

#Dakwontgetpaid

Swagger

Reaction score
It's worth making the point that the only teams that I think we would struggle to beat in the NFC are the Packers and just about the Rams at this stage in the season.

I can throw the ball further than Brees these days and the Saints are generally overrated. The Seahawks at 5-0 are fools gold - Wilson will not be able to carry the team in every game. 49ers are a shell of the team they were last season as often happens with Superbowl losers, Eagles are ravaged by injury and it's generally an open NFC. Just a shame that we are decimated by injuries and the defense/coaching have been all over the place to date as there is an opening this season.

The AFC is loaded so we are fortunate in that respect.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This is a poor team even with dak.
Yeah but..

I want something to cheer about and hope for.

It's been ugly as sin so far. I do not want to waste this year

Even if Dalton moves on after this year..if he plays well enough that other teams will sign him that ain't what they call..

"Hateful".

Dak is not threatened by Dalton being here. I understand they are friends according to Dalton.

And it would be great if he plays well and he ends up staying..to be Dak's backup going forward..

That might not be hateful.

So..

That phrase "hateful"..

My dad was a huge Cowboy fan. He used that phrase "hateful" his whole life. If mom cooked a meal for us and it wasn't 5 Star but it was still good..

Dad would say "it ain't hateful" and we would all dig in. It was his seal of approval. Avid golfer. He would hit a shot up on the green.."that ain't hateful". He was at one time a scratch golfer. .

So I got my love of this team from him. When Emmitt Smith held out on his contract way back when..we lost the 1st 2 games that year and finally Smith signed and we won our second SB that year.

Dad has his stroke and I took him to the hospital. At first he seemed to be recovering. I was at the hospital visiting and checking his progress. He turned to me and asked me "Has Emmitt signed yet?"

I said "yeah he signed and is playing Sunday. I will come on Sunday and we will watch the game together." He never saw that game. He had a series of strokes on Friday and passed before anything could be done for him.

So even as he was fighting for his life..he was more worried about his team than himself. A real Cowboy fan for sure. He taught my about Cowboy football.

He was originally a Commanders fan. He was an FBI agent back then. I was born in Washington DC. He saw Sammy Baugh play.. Otto Graham..YA Tittle. All the great ones early on.

So when he retired in Dallas back in 1964 he brought 4 season tickets in the Cotton Bowl to see Dallas play. When they moved to Texas Stadium we had those season tickets still. And when he passed away he willed the 4 season tickets to me and my two brothers and we still have those 4 reserve seat tickets at ATT.

He would have loved ATT Stadium. When I go to games there..I sit down and quietly say to myself..

"Pop..its game day..who you picking?"

The answer is always the same. He says..

"Cowboys of course..they ain't hateful".

Never was disloyal a day in his life. That was the FBI in him.

Now I have that same loyalty. I got it honest as they say.

Go Cowboys. Go Dalton.

:starspin::starspin::starspin:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Enjoyment for me is watching our draft pick rise.
If we can get a stud on defense I am all for it. Parsons, Basham, Surtain, even Rousseau. We need to get better on that side of the ball or it doesnt matter if we have the next coming of Joe Montana back there.

Loso86

Reaction score
The season has to be saved by the DEFENSE.
Exactly, the season wasnt lost, but in order for this team to do anything the DEFENSE has to be consistantly better. Not Dalton, he just needs to manage the game

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Enjoyment for me is watching our draft pick rise.

I think this season is gonna frustrate you then. Im sorry, but this division is terrible. Our biggest threat is 1-3-1 and is about to lose to the Ravens. I feel like the defense is going to improve and we are going to be running the ball more. All signs point towards a middling draft pick. The good news is we have enough needs to go BPA.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think this season is gonna frustrate you then. Im sorry, but this division is terrible. Our biggest threat is 1-3-1 and is about to lose to the Ravens. I feel like the defense is going to improve and we are going to be running the ball more. All signs point towards a middling draft pick. The good news is we have enough needs to go BPA.

Yeah I agree..

We're in the worst position in sports. Stuck in mediocrity with ownership that thinks this current build is close.

Reactions: CWR

Aven8

Reaction score
We’ve only played 5 games and aren’t even out of October yet. I know we are hurt but I want to win. I’m not ready to concede and try and get draft picks yet. That’s a long way away for me.

Winning even this division with a backup QB with be nothing short of a miracle by this coaching staff folks. It would go a long way in the players buying into the new culture.

phillycard

Reaction score
Yeah but..

I want something to cheer about and hope for.

It's been ugly as sin so far. I do not want to waste this year

Even if Dalton moves on after this year..if he plays well enough that other teams will sign him that ain't what they call..

"Hateful".

Dak is not threatened by Dalton being here. I understand they are friends according to Dalton.

And it would be great if he plays well and he ends up staying..to be Dak's backup going forward..

That might not be hateful.

So..

That phrase "hateful"..

My dad was a huge Cowboy fan. He used that phrase "hateful" his whole life. If mom cooked a meal for us and it wasn't 5 Star but it was still good..

Dad would say "it ain't hateful" and we would all dig in. It was his seal of approval. Avid golfer. He would hit a shot up on the green.."that ain't hateful". He was at one time a scratch golfer. .

So I got my love of this team from him. When Emmitt Smith held out on his contract way back when..we lost the 1st 2 games that year and finally Smith signed and we won our second SB that year.

Dad has his stroke and I took him to the hospital. At first he seemed to be recovering. I was at the hospital visiting and checking his progress. He turned to me and asked me "Has Emmitt signed yet?"

I said "yeah he signed and is playing Sunday. I will come on Sunday and we will watch the game together." He never saw that game. He had a series of strokes on Friday and passed before anything could be done for him.

So even as he was fighting for his life..he was more worried about his team than himself. A real Cowboy fan for sure. He taught my about Cowboy football.

He was originally a Commanders fan. He was an FBI agent back then. I was born in Washington DC. He saw Sammy Baugh play.. Otto Graham..YA Tittle. All the great ones early on.

So when he retired in Dallas back in 1964 he brought 4 season tickets in the Cotton Bowl to see Dallas play. When they moved to Texas Stadium we had those season tickets still. And when he passed away he willed the 4 season tickets to me and my two brothers and we still have those 4 reserve seat tickets at ATT.

He would have loved ATT Stadium. When I go to games there..I sit down and quietly say to myself..

"Pop..its game day..who you picking?"

The answer is always the same. He says..

"Cowboys of course..they ain't hateful".

Never was disloyal a day in his life. That was the FBI in him.

Now I have that same loyalty. I got it honest as they say.

Go Cowboys. Go Dalton.

:starspin::starspin::starspin:

What a great story Redball. Lost my dad this year so this resonates man.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
We’ve only played 5 games and aren’t even out of October yet. I know we are hurt but I want to win. I’m not ready to concede and try and get draft picks yet. That’s a long way away for me.

Winning even this division with a backup QB with be nothing short of a miracle by this coaching staff folks. It would go a long way in the players buying into the new culture.
Correctamundo.

CWR

Reaction score

I've been pessimist, but I feel the same way. Its a long off season and I want to be entertained. It's way to early to stop caring. Let's win some ball games and see what happens.

Aven8

Reaction score
I've been pessimist, but I feel the same way. Its a long off season and I want to be entertained. It's way to early to stop caring. Let's win some ball games and see what happens.

The injuries and defense have been awful, but I have been entertained. Even Cleveland. I was so mad and than I’m sitting there with 4 minutes remaining and I’m like we’re gonna win this thing!

It’s been exhausting but it’s at least been exciting.