Full Speed Ahead or Hold Your Horses

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Vegas prediction has us at 25 / 1 to win. :muttley:

If enough bets get placed by Cowboys fans that "prediction" will drop to 20/1. :muttley:

No one changes their "prediction" based on how much money comes in on either side of it. Those are called betting odds.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jazz you know we will be the punching dummy until we show we can win, if I wasn't a super fan I wouldn't bet on the Cowboys either.
th

We will go from sparring dummy to the champs. :D
They will make a movie about it, and showing how they working out punching meat in a cooler. Hopefully it is Rowdy they are punching though. :lmao:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Now we are seeing the players in action. I see a lot of enthusiasm and optimism in the OTA thread. Sounds like some people really like their chances of winning with these players who are out there. Is that right?

If so, doesn’t that mean the GM put together a pretty good team on paper this year? Or do we wait for the results first?

Optimism for players - full speed ahead?
Optimism for GM who got the same players - just hold your horses?

Which is it for the team? Full speed ahead or hold your horses? Maybe cautiously excited. Temper expectations. That’s no fun. Go full head over heels in love?

Me, I guess full speed ahead and giddy up and go. I see a contender on paper. Up to the players and coaches to go out and contend.

We have no idea what impact any of these rookies are going to make save for maybe Parsons. History tells us with rookies that they dont do much especially on defense the first year. I think some fans are getting waaaay too hyped about what they think these rookies are going to do.

THAT being said we also have no idea what injuries are coming or who will come back from injury and be 100%. Loooong way to go.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
We have no idea what impact any of these rookies are going to make save for maybe Parsons. History tells us with rookies that they dont do much especially on defense the first year. I think some fans are getting waaaay too hyped about what they think these rookies are going to do.

THAT being said we also have no idea what injuries are coming or who will come back from injury and be 100%. Loooong way to go.

No one can predict injuries. Point is grade the GM right now for this year and only this year. Is this a contending team based on what you see right now? Don’t grade on hindsight 9 months later.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No one can predict injuries. Point is grade the GM right now for this year and only this year. Is this a contending team based on what you see right now? Don’t grade on hindsight 9 months later.

Exactly so why would you ask this now? Is Collins fully healthy and playing well, is Smith? Is Dak back to 100%?

These are questions that need to be answered before any of this can be suggested.

And what has happened to make us a contender? A few bargain FA's and some rookies?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Exactly so why would you ask this now? Is Collins fully healthy and playing well, is Smith? Is Dak back to 100%?

These are questions that need to be answered before any of this can be suggested.

And what has happened to make us a contender? A few bargain FA's and some rookies?

Because now is the time to grade if one wants to be fair. I can understand why those are hesitant. Need something to complain about and someone to blame.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Because now is the time to grade if one wants to be fair. I can understand why those are hesitant. Need something to complain about and someone to blame.

How is now the time to grade? The fair time is right before the season starts when we know injury affects and get a better look at the rookies in TC and preseason. Seems more like you are trying to get people to commit to something so you can say they were wrong or right once the season plays out.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
How is now the time to grade? The fair time is right before the season starts when we know injury affects and get a better look at the rookies in TC and preseason. Seems more like you are trying to get people to commit to something so you can say they were wrong or right once the season plays out.

Bingo. Pretty easy to criticize and blame with hindsight in one’s back pocket. Not fair. The hindsighters can’t man up and go on record right now. That takes guts and is fair.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Bingo. Pretty easy to criticize and blame with hindsight in one’s back pocket. Not fair. The hindsighters can’t man up and go on record right now. That takes guts and is fair.

Yah, the smart play is to wait and see what we have and the injuries and the rookies.

Especially this year, there are too many variables. Too much has to go right for us to be a true contender in my opinion. But its possible. :thumbup:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Now we are seeing the players in action. I see a lot of enthusiasm and optimism in the OTA thread. Sounds like some people really like their chances of winning with these players who are out there. Is that right?

If so, doesn’t that mean the GM put together a pretty good team on paper this year? Or do we wait for the results first?

Optimism for players - full speed ahead?
Optimism for GM who got the same players - just hold your horses?

Which is it for the team? Full speed ahead or hold your horses? Maybe cautiously excited. Temper expectations. That’s no fun. Go full head over heels in love?

Me, I guess full speed ahead and giddy up and go. I see a contender on paper. Up to the players and coaches to go out and contend.
Hard to say without actually seeing a real game. Playing underwear football is not a good way to make any decisions.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love the offseason too.

I love how they had a glaring hole at DT and only halfheartedly addressed it in the draft, effectively changing nothing. They still put no priority on the position and I adore them for it.

I love how they entered the draft cornerback obsessed, like all the real good teams are. To the tune of triple dipping with two of the three being freaks worthy of Barnum's Museum of Wonders.

I love how they invested the 2nd richest contract in league history to, uh, Dak Prescott. A constant QB disadvantage against the good teams for the foreseeable future has me stoked.

Sitting out free agency yet again with a roster devoid of talent in critical areas? Love it. Can't get enough of it.

But what I love most of all, what I'm in love with actually, is the front office continuity. To be able to bring back the band that has bombed for 25 years has me ready to rush out to buy tickets for the next show. I may even show them my breasts if Rockport will let me sit on his shoulders. It was so comforting to see them unable to break down their own players in the post draft press conference and chalking up last year as an aberration.

I don't know how it could have gone any better for us.
Well, yeah, when you put it that way.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Hard to say without actually seeing a real game. Playing underwear football is not a good way to make any decisions.

Not hard for me to say at all. We are not talking about making future decisions, we are talking about midpoint grades based on what one has seen to date for this year.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I seen nothing so far but what the FO wants to feature. I prefer what others have to say outside of the Cowboy hype machine.