Twitter: Full Wildcard round schedule

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Glad it’s not Monday night.
The 4-5 matchup always gets the Monday night game, so that that the 1 seed gets them on a short week. That’s how it was last year but the Giants messed it up when they upset the Vikings. But that’s been the setup since they went to
17 games

Motorola

Reaction score
So unless there is an upset SF gets to play after a bye week against a team on a short week?
Yes; either 7th-seed GB over DAL or 6th-seed LAR over DET has to happen...or whoever wins the PHL-TB game on Monday night will go against SF the Sunday.
It won't be much help overall- but that divisional round game should be the last one played, i.e. late Sunday afternoon \ evening.

Another issue about that Monday night wildcard game - why did the league designate only the 4th-5th seeds matchup of NFC teams is scheduled on that day EVERY postseason?
Why can't it be the AFC 4th-5th seed game for a particular postseason...or better yet...rotate it among all the other matchups (2 versus 7, 3 versus 6) from both conferences?

Motorola

Reaction score
The 4-5 matchup always gets the Monday night game, so that that the 1 seed gets them on a short week. That’s how it was last year but the Giants messed it up when they upset the Vikings. But that’s been the setup since they went to
17 games
And it's ALWAYS the NFC 5th-seed game that schedule for that last first round game on Monday night.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just great, I'll be pulling away from the dock on a cruise ship at 4PM:facepalm:
I had hoped for a bye

Flamma

Reaction score
Sucks to be a chiefs or dolphins fan having to deal with peacock app. Lol
If people pay to watch this game on Peacock, it will only encourage this behavior. If enough people shun this game, or find other ways to watch it, it won't be worth the 110 million they paid to have the game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Is it me or this workout rather conveniently for the NFL the storylines that we're about to see with Matthew Stafford going back to Detroit playing Jared Goff ,you have Mike McCarthy 's old team coming here again in the playoffs, you have even though Deshaun Watson isn't playing for the Browns right now there still was that big trade with the Texans, that's kind of a story, lastly tyreek hill playing his old team IN Kansas City...

I mean there are storylines all over this playoffs in the first round....

Was it prewritten? lol makes you go hmmmm