Fun fact about the rest of the NFC East

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by SoupcanSam, Sep 12, 2019.

1. SoupcanSam

SoupcanSam Well-Known Member

4,321 Messages
    6,027 Likes Received
    These fools spend the last few years drafting run stuffers to stop Zeke. This is their entire blueprint and gameplan. Stop the run, sit on linehans basic playcalling, play in and play out.

But then Kellen Moore happened.

How do you go from years of conditioned traditional defense against the linehan cowboys, to having to get up, move around, and do all this technical **** just to defend one play, but over and over for 4 quarters.

Atleast for this year I believe this will give Dallas a leg up in the division until the skins, giants, and eagles have a whole offseason to study Moore and make a complete transition.

I am very interested in seeing how the eagles and Redskins defenses approach a situation that is not of the norm.

2. Colombiacowboy

Colombiacowboy Well-Known Member

861 Messages
    868 Likes Received
    The whole premise of your post is just false. These are professional football teams, and even though their degree of success has varied, they all understand game planning. They all draft based on team needs, and not based on what other teams' personnel is. I am as optimistic as the rest after ONE GAME, but really, all this hype about Kellen Moore needs to be tamed until we have a good sample of work to assess. And if you think our opponents have only one "blueprint" in their planning, then you are mistaken.

pugilist, DCBoysfan, mcmvp and 5 others like this.
  3. JBS

JBS GloryDaysRBack

13,239 Messages
    6,524 Likes Received
    Do you live in Colombia? I have a place I bought in Medellin..I was down there last year catching some games at Patrick's Irish Pub..that place isn't too bad

Melonfeud likes this.
  4. erod

erod Well-Known Member

27,954 Messages
    38,703 Likes Received
    One game.

Moore has the benefit of being an unknown commodity for about a half a season. We'll see how this goes beyond that.

5. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Well-Known Member

4,306 Messages
    13,073 Likes Received
    I love what I’ve seen with Moore in...one game. But resumes are built on at least a season or 3. Once the league’s DCs have film to look at over multiple games, the easy skating we saw vs the midgets is going to fade and get increasingly more difficult.

Not saying Moore isn’t a great breath of fresh air but the gateway to being a successful OC is guarded by DCs that know what they’re doing. It won’t be as easy as we saw Sun very often.

6. ShortRound131

ShortRound131 Well-Known Member

9,135 Messages
    30,096 Likes Received
    Imagine if Kellen anticipates teams adjusting to the Dallas/Giants gameplan. Will be good to see how we adjusts to each upcoming game.

7. JayFord

JayFord Well-Known Member

3,594 Messages
    5,700 Likes Received
    I want to be happy about Moore but I need a bigger sample size

I hope this is a Peyton Manning / Edgerrin James pick your poison offense

I want to hope so

8. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

36,175 Messages
    51,458 Likes Received
    Well the Eagles DL consists of some guys they drafted before Zeke was drafted by the Cowboys - their two best DL are Fox and Graham and both were drafted long before Elliott.

I think you are giving way too much credence to this concept that teams in our division based an entire defensive draft the last few years based on one player on the Cowboys.

catiii likes this.
  9. SoupcanSam

SoupcanSam Well-Known Member

4,321 Messages
    6,027 Likes Received
    So I see you and the other coordinators from the other three NFC east teams have been discussing the whole game plan over chips and dip.

Nice.

Do me a favor, if you will, please share some of that inside info with the cowboys staff. I'm pretty sure they look forward to hearing from you.

Melonfeud and America's Cowboy like this.
  10. Awakened

Awakened the Dude abides

1,325 Messages
    744 Likes Received
    Like others have said, the true test will come when teams have a chance to study Moore.

Melonfeud, ShortRound131 and Typhus like this.
  11. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

10,340 Messages
    3,363 Likes Received

Hmm - one of these so called " fools ", won the Super Bowl 2 years ago and will be in contention this year.

12. The Fonz

The Fonz Correctamundo

3,380 Messages
    3,579 Likes Received
    your sig making my eyes twitch;)

13. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

3,585 Messages
    990 Likes Received
    And when Dallas is faced up against an actual good defense.

14. DallasInDC

DallasInDC Well-Known Member

3,175 Messages
    1,994 Likes Received
    I can only imagine how this board will explode when we struggle to score 10-14 points... It will happen... Maybe not over the next two of games, but it will happen sometime this year (it happens to all teams)... It will be complete trashing of KM and Dak as frauds.

I believe they will both be amazing at their roles, but there will also be a tew speed bumps along the way..

Pantone282C likes this.
  15. garyo1954

garyo1954 Well-Known Member

539 Messages
    489 Likes Received
    Only one team in NFC East didn't have a top ten running back last year. Sorta makes sense if you're Philly and you have six division games against top ten running backs you want to be able to STOP THE RUN.

Techsass likes this.
  16. Colombiacowboy

Colombiacowboy Well-Known Member

861 Messages
    868 Likes Received
    Yep. I have lived in Colombia for 18 years. Bucaramanga, Cali and Manizales...and I know Medellin well. I have been to Patrick's a lot. Sad that Parque Lleras has become such a bad part of town.

17. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Well-Known Member

4,306 Messages
    13,073 Likes Received
    Yes sir! Long term success for any NFL coach hinges on their ability to make adjustments and adapt to what the other team takes away.

Techsass and ShortRound131 like this.
  18. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

8,012 Messages
    6,187 Likes Received
    I don't believe it was just based on Zeke. It is based on our traditional style of ground and pound since 2014 and our huge investment in our OL.

I think the Skins and Giants drafted specifically with us in mind. The Eagles, not so much.

America's Cowboy likes this.
  19. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

36,175 Messages
    51,458 Likes Received
    I think it's largely bogus.

I think the Giants and Skins have drafted based on the schemes of the coaches they put in place, not what the Dallas Cowboys are doing.

20. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

3,525 Messages
    3,010 Likes Received
    Not just the NFC East, but really the whole league falls into this category. What if someone stops him, even just for one game. If you don’t break the scoring record then is the Moore experiment a disappointment?

I can’t imagine anyone could cope with you guys