Fun Hypothetical

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All things considered, I actually don't think I would. Mostly because of the contract, but he's also got youth on his side. I don't care what anybody says about waiting, the kid can play, and he just needs reps now to get better, and he can get a lot better. I'm pretty happy with the QB position in Dallas right now.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you trade Dak straight up tomorrow for Andrew Luck?
It is critical that the Cowboys get good play from a QB on his 1st contract considering that they are currently paying Romo and will have dead-money when Romo is gone.

Adding Lucks contract would make it impossible to do business and you can say goodbye to Zack Martin and possibly other key players.

black label

Reaction score
Would you trade Dak straight up tomorrow for Andrew Luck?
raw

willia451

Reaction score
No. Dak is a Cowboy now. He is our future. And you do know. He's very popular.

I tell you what I would do, however.

I would trade Mr. Elliott for two first round picks; if anyone would take it.;)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No.

Too much contract for Luck. Plus you have the age thing.

On top of that I'm not that impressed by Luck.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Is this a trick question? I most definitely would without hesitation.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Easily in the top 3 most overrated players in the NFL. I don't get the Luck love at all.

The guy has done nothing but produce from the moment he stepped onto the field. Don't let one down year cloud your judgement. He's one of the best QBs in the league and he's only 27. In his last healthy season, he threw for 4760 yards and 40 TDs. And his supporting case is weak to boot.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Luck is a fantastic QB. One of the best. He suffers from having no support. He is on his own. Too bad, because he is something to watch and is just wasting his skills with the Colts.

Verdict

Reaction score
Quite honestly, I'm not sure. Luck may be a bit overrated. The hype on Dak is probably also overblown. But I will say Dak's contract has to also be a factor which should be overlooked.