Video: Fun Johnny Carson Clips

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
My Grandmother turned me onto Carson. It was her guilty pleasure, that and soap operas.
Whenever Burt Reynolds was on you knew it was going to be good.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
On a side note, watching that CNN documentary "The Story of Late Night" on Amazon Prime. Good stuff if you've always been a late night fan. I still own an autographed 8x10 of Johnny Carson I got when I was a kid.

Have only watched the first two episodes, but that documentary made me respect Steve Allen a heck of a lot more. I didn't realize how much everyone from Carson to Letterman to Conan to Leno got their ideas from Allen's format.

jnday

Reaction score
Carson was head and shoulders above any late night host in history. I don’t think there has been anybody close to being on Carson’s level. He made it look too easy and effortless with his quick wit and his ability to bring out the best in guests each show.

terra

Reaction score
Carson was head and shoulders above any late night host in history. I don’t think there has been anybody close to being on Carson’s level. He made it look too easy and effortless with his quick wit and his ability to bring out the best in guests each show.
That was really a big key to his success; how he worked to make the guests look good. Unlike now where all the hosts only care if THEY look good.