Fun memories of last year

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
At this time last year, I was sitting at the terminal at the airport waiting for my flight to Chicago for Midwest FurFest and the Cowboys @ Bears game. Had COVID not existed, I'd probably be on the flight at this time to Chicago for the convention again. I am hopeful that MFF will return for next year, and I'm thankful for the memories of both MFF and Texas Furry Fiesta in Dallas (which I attended in February). God-willing, I am hopeful that we can get back to normal some time next year so I can get back to conventions.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
At this time last year, I was sitting at the terminal at the airport waiting for my flight to Chicago for Midwest FurFest and the Cowboys @ Bears game. Had COVID not existed, I'd probably be on the flight at this time to Chicago for the convention again. I am hopeful that MFF will return for next year, and I'm thankful for the memories of both MFF and Texas Furry Fiesta in Dallas (which I attended in February). God-willing, I am hopeful that we can get back to normal some time next year so I can get back to conventions.
Gotta say, a lot of people would consider that last sentence ironic, if not oxymoronic.

:muttley:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gotta say, a lot of people would consider that last sentence ironic, if not oxymoronic.

:muttley:
I sure as hell would, I worked and attended enough conventions to last 3 life times. My headstone should be in the shape of a name tag, "Hi, I'm Biff from Omaha".

However, I never went to one dressed up where nobody knew who I was. Put me in a weasel suit with $300 and sit me at the bar all night.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I sure as hell would, I worked and attended enough conventions to last 3 life times. My headstone should be in the shape of a name tag, "Hi, I'm Biff from Omaha".

However, I never went to one dressed up where nobody knew who I was. Put me in a weasel suit with $300 and sit me at the bar all night.

Well, fun conventions like furry conventions are a lot of fun! As are anime and comic conventions, but, imo, furry conventions are the best.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

You know? You could always turn up at one of those work conventions in a fursuit or a Star Trek Cosplay costume and say, "Oops! Wrong convention?"

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
To think, this time last year, I was on the train back to the convention after watching the Cowboys lose to the Bears. Got a nice hug from a friend of mine when I got back who was waiting at the door for me lol.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Reminds me of the "Cardboard Olympics" my brother, cousins and I attended a few years back.
All entrees have to build snow sled out of only cardboard. Tape and glue is allowed. It also has to align with that year's theme. The last one we went to was themed "Holiday Houses."
*Disclaimer* - We didn't follow the requested theme.

It started the night before, with a bottle of Gin and a bottle Canadian Whiskey. Handles.
A buddy of mine drives truck and got us the cardboard, which in retrospect should have been illegal because it was multi-layered, glued and resembled particle board. Bulletproof.
Next, we got a bunch of Gorilla tape and proceeded to build a life sized Jack Daniels bottle on it's side. Sort of looked like a pirate ship.
The bottles were empty by the time the sled was complete. Or as far as I remember.
My brother had the truck for shipping and we all went along. Had to stop and my one cousin's house on the way, my brother Mike needed to go puke somewhere. He was in rough shape. So he went and did his business behind the garage. My cousin Ben came out and let his dog out before we left. The dog went behind the garage and so did Ben. That's when we heard "What the F" yelled. As we packed up, he said it looked like a deer had been gutted back there. He was off the rest of the day from the trauma.
The whole ride we couldn't turn the heat on or my brother would need to pull over. To this day, he's had to hear the roasting for that.
We registered for our 5th year in a row, but noticed we were the only team that were over the age of 12. Hmmm. Oh well.
They groomed a trail, furthest attempt wins. We went last.
I remember hearing some kid tell his dad "Look dad, they have helmets." We did. Because safety first.
Our turn, there was no controlling this monstrosity carrying approximately 750 pounds of hung over men.
We strayed off the groomed path, into the deep snow and carved that **** like a snowplow, blowing wakes of snow into the air. Truly terrifying speeds. The group at the bottom of the hill stood in a line where they ASSUMED we would stop. Their mistake, Cousin Travis in the front yelled "Get out of the way" but it was too late for the smaller children.

We didn't finish the furthest, most likely because of all the small children we ran over. One got speared by the bottle neck - joisting pole. Shouldn't have been standing there.

I have a video and pics I need to dig up.

That was my 2nd craziest convention. that I remember.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Reminds me of the "Cardboard Olympics" my brother, cousins and I attended a few years back.
All entrees have to build snow sled out of only cardboard. Tape and glue is allowed. It also has to align with that year's theme. The last one we went to was themed "Holiday Houses."
*Disclaimer* - We didn't follow the requested theme.

It started the night before, with a bottle of Gin and a bottle Canadian Whiskey. Handles.
A buddy of mine drives truck and got us the cardboard, which in retrospect should have been illegal because it was multi-layered, glued and resembled particle board. Bulletproof.
Next, we got a bunch of Gorilla tape and proceeded to build a life sized Jack Daniels bottle on it's side. Sort of looked like a pirate ship.
The bottles were empty by the time the sled was complete. Or as far as I remember.
My brother had the truck for shipping and we all went along. Had to stop and my one cousin's house on the way, my brother Mike needed to go puke somewhere. He was in rough shape. So he went and did his business behind the garage. My cousin Ben came out and let his dog out before we left. The dog went behind the garage and so did Ben. That's when we heard "What the F" yelled. As we packed up, he said it looked like a deer had been gutted back there. He was off the rest of the day from the trauma.
The whole ride we couldn't turn the heat on or my brother would need to pull over. To this day, he's had to hear the roasting for that.
We registered for our 5th year in a row, but noticed we were the only team that were over the age of 12. Hmmm. Oh well.
They groomed a trail, furthest attempt wins. We went last.
I remember hearing some kid tell his dad "Look dad, they have helmets." We did. Because safety first.
Our turn, there was no controlling this monstrosity carrying approximately 750 pounds of hung over men.
We strayed off the groomed path, into the deep snow and carved that **** like a snowplow, blowing wakes of snow into the air. Truly terrifying speeds. The group at the bottom of the hill stood in a line where they ASSUMED we would stop. Their mistake, Cousin Travis in the front yelled "Get out of the way" but it was too late for the smaller children.

We didn't finish the furthest, most likely because of all the small children we ran over. One got speared by the bottle neck - joisting pole. Shouldn't have been standing there.

I have a video and pics I need to dig up.

That was my 2nd craziest convention. that I remember.

Sounds like a very fascinating and entertaining event.